U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

79,384 posts, read 71,668,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
There probably aren't too many people *demanding* sex that are dating. The answer would be easy ....stop dating them.
Sure there are. They simply keep moving from one prospect to another. And from time to time, they'll find meek, unassertive women, who have been cowed by their own parents while growing up, raised to be easily intimidated, and afraid of their own voice. It's very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

1,423 posts, read 334,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sure there are. They simply keep moving from one prospect to another. And from time to time, they'll find meek, unassertive women, who have been cowed by their own parents while growing up, raised to be easily intimidated, and afraid of their own voice. It's very sad.
Ofc....I used to work with victims of domestic abuse in a women's shelter....BUT I see that as being different than the general subject of how soon should you sleep with a man you're dating..........

If the man is demanding sex....(or anything)....while dating.....it's still an easy solution....leave & don't sleep with him at all......shrugs. That's a problem with self esteem that goes way farther than a decision about how soon is too soon to sleep with a man...........

Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM

17,552 posts, read 19,796,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I think that in order to feel romantic or sexual feelings about someone, you must know them.
Really? I usually know within 3 seconds of looking at a woman whether I want to get in bed with her.

I guess I'm a very visual person.

Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM

13,173 posts, read 10,145,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Really? I usually know within 3 seconds of looking at a woman whether I want to get in bed with her.

And/or the role of sex in your life is different.

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

10,198 posts, read 3,909,513 times
Quote:

Although I'm not saying you acted on these attractions (I don't know). This was an issue for me, on the flip side, as a female; when I was younger, a lot of men felt attracted to me and they would try to get me in bed right off the bat. Would NOT try to get to know me first. Being a young, alluring female can be a disadvantage in some ways. It can sometimes attract the worst types of men - players, etc. Some people do not have to deal with all this in their life. They don't have to learn coping mechanisms for these types of people. So it's easy for them to point the finger and judge women who they see as "sleeping around" or having too many boyfriends.

Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM

17,552 posts, read 19,796,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Although I'm not saying you acted on these attractions (I don't know). This was an issue for me, on the flip side, as a female; when I was younger, a lot of men felt attracted to me and they would try to get me in bed right off the bat. Would NOT try to get to know me first. Being a young, alluring female can be a disadvantage in some ways. It can sometimes attract the worst types of men - players, etc. Some people do not have to deal with all this in their life. They don't have to learn coping mechanisms for these types of people. So it's easy for them to point the finger and judge women who they see as "sleeping around" or having too many boyfriends.
No, I don't usually act on it since that is not socially responsible.

But I am not indecisive about the impulse. That's for sure.

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

998 posts, read 272,407 times
Quote:
There probably aren't too many people *demanding* sex that are dating. The answer would be easy ....stop dating them.
There are unfortunately many. Since I've been single, I occasionally talk to men online. I'd say about half of all the guys I've talked to ruined things by getting sexual very early on. As in, we hadn't even met in person and were only chatting.

Even worse, I had told a few of these men that I don't take things to a sexual place unless I'm in love. One still had the nerve to ask me to "get a bottle and hotel room" with him about five minutes after I'd said that.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with some people, but it's scary out there.

Quote:

There's a lot of risk to being that way. What if that gorgeous woman has STDs? Does that change your mind? What if she's a racist? What if she kicks dogs and laughs at homeless people?

When you judge someone based on looks alone, you're basically saying you have no standards. That you desire to sleep with anyone and anything that looks nice. If that's how you roll, more power to you. It's not for me to judge. But recognize that there are risks involved with being that way. Especially if the end goal is falling in love and having a real connection with another human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
And/or the role of sex in your life is different.
Exactly. You can tell so much about a person by their attitudes about stuff like this.

I want to be with a person for whom sex is deep. Someone who lacks an understanding about the depth of the bond created by sexual intercourse is not going to be the right person for me.

Quote:
No, I don't usually act on it since that is not socially responsible.

But I am not indecisive about the impulse. That's for sure.
An impulse is just that. If you're not acting on it, then we don't disagree as much as it seemed.

I have all kinds of insane impulses. I have thoughts of having orgies with random people and all sorts of stuff. I'm very kinky and play out all kinds of fantasies in my head. This isn't about being horny or sexual because most of us are. It's about having standards and self-control.

Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM

1,423 posts, read 334,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
There are unfortunately many. Since I've been single, I occasionally talk to men online. I'd say about half of all the guys I've talked to ruined things by getting sexual very early on. As in, we hadn't even met in person and were only chatting.

Even worse, I had told a few of these men that I don't take things to a sexual place unless I'm in love. One still had the nerve to ask me to "get a bottle and hotel room" with him about five minutes after I'd said that.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with some people, but it's scary out there.

Ita it can be scary out there......BUT know your audience. When you're online.......& someone gets sexual early on without meeting or talking to you....it's super easy to move on. People aren't usually looking for the same stuff online......so it's important to narrow it down fast IMO.........if a relationship is what you would like.........

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

998 posts, read 272,407 times
Quote:
Ita it can be scary out there......BUT know your audience. When you're online.......& someone gets sexual early on without meeting or talking to you....it's super easy to move on. People aren't usually looking for the same stuff online......so it's important to narrow it down fast IMO.........if a relationship is what you would like.........
Yeah for sure. I do explain what I'm about, but some people don't listen. But like you said, easy to move on and there's little risk. Plus it usually makes for a funny story to tell my girlfriends.

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

718 posts, read 352,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

This sounds familiar. I'm ashamed to admit this is how I used to be. Only until I was well into my 30s (and now early 40s) that I started to be a bit more assertive.

I'm certain this is exactly why my stalker targeted me. He picked up on a few signals from me that I would be easily intimidated and someone who would take abuse. He also caught me at a transition period though, which is why he got convicted of stalking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or