Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 03:23 AM

29 posts, read 14,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by readrbuff2018 View Post
you are teaching her how to treat you. you allow her to treat you in this manner. hows that working for you? there are other people in this world that can and know how to treat another human being. I know im going on 60 yr old. I have been in normal relationships and have learned how to treat another human being.

you have one choice I see that is to leave her she isn't going to change and has done this in all her relationships how do I know? because I use to know someone just like her and watched it play out in her last relationship. if I didn't know any better I swear it is her lol
good luck finding a normal relationship and remember you allow her to do this to you.....
The part you are teaching her how to treat you is very true and noted. How she has been treating me is not working at all and thus the reason why I have full on talked to her about this stuff and told her it cannot continue.

It feels good to get advice from someone who knows the experience and I 100% agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 03:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,748,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPe View Post
Yes, I have been on the verge of dumping her multiple times. That lesson is very well known to me from past relationships. I do feel like she loves me. It is up to her to show it. If she is incapable then I will full hardheartedly admit I was wrong, but I am a very forgiving person even after being hurt because I believe in humanity.
How many more times do you plan to forgive her?

You’ve already forgiven what many people would consider dealbreakers. So what is your plan for when she falls back into her pattern?

When will you believe enough is enough?

Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 AM

17,363 posts, read 8,954,426 times
Hello, William. I'm rather surprised by how much support you've received in this thread.

Frankly, I think you are way out of line for telling your girlfriend how she should express her love for you.

I also think she's correct that you're overly sensitive.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:49 AM

29 posts, read 22,124 times
thank you William im glad you were able to assend the important part of the text I sent to you. keep in touch and let me know how things have turned out for you. im interested to see if you do the thing that's most important for your piece and mind.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Hello, William. I'm rather surprised by how much support you've received in this thread.

Frankly, I think you are way out of line for telling your girlfriend how she should express her love for you.

Well any and all support is appreciated. I came here seeking it.

It is either me talking to her or not talking to her. There has been times where she doesn't show any love or care about us at all. These are the times I have tried to talk to her and problems occur.

I am a sensitive person, yes. Being overly sensitive? Not in my opinion. Being to sensitive, sensitive, and not sensitive enough is subjective depending on the person. What works and what doesn't work for me is what matters here and the question to me is if she is sensitive enough to fit my definition of love and if it is right for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
How many more times do you plan to forgive her?

You’ve already forgiven what many people would consider dealbreakers. So what is your plan for when she falls back into her pattern?

When will you believe enough is enough?
I'm not sure how many more times I will forgive her, but as long at I have love and she is trying, I don't see it being an easy thing for me to give up on her.

Yes, many things she has done are absolute dealbreakers I would not have dealt with from anyone else. If she falls back into that pattern, I will try to talk to her again. If it is to bad I may have to do something then.

Enough would be enough when I reach the same point I reached yesterday and at the same time she isn't willing to put in any effort and/or show any care for our relationship.

Last edited by WilliamPe; 08-26-2019 at 04:08 AM..

Old 08-26-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readrbuff2018 View Post
thank you William im glad you were able to assend the important part of the text I sent to you. keep in touch and let me know how things have turned out for you. im interested to see if you do the thing that's most important for your piece and mind.
Thank you. I will try to remember to let you know how things go.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:51 AM

1,153 posts, read 564,480 times
Quote:

Redplum33 you seem to enjoy wading into threads where everyone is being constructive & helpful, and throwing out often quite harsh advice that differs from the consensus...just to be contrary

William's girlfriend is abusive and has a lot of issues, and she is the one who is clearly out of line - not him.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:52 AM

17,363 posts, read 8,954,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPe View Post
Well any and all support is appreciated. I came here seeking it.

It is either me talking to her or not talking to her. There has been times where she doesn't show any love or care about us at all. These are the times I have tried to talk to her and problems occur.

I am a sensitive person, yes. Being overly sensitive? Not in my opinion. Being to sensitive, sensitive, and not sensitive enough is subjective depending on the person. What works and what doesn't work for me is what matters here and the question to me is if she is sensitive enough to fit my definition of love and if it is right for me.
William, in a healthy relationship, it's not just about what works for one person.

You are essentially trying to train her as if she's a puppy.

Not everybody shows their emotions the same way. You can't force her to do something that she's not comfortable with - in order to satisfy your need for control. And that's what this is really about...your control issues.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
William, in a healthy relationship, it's not just about what works for one person.

You are essentially trying to train her as if she's a puppy.

Not everybody shows their emotions the same way. You can't force her to do something that she's not comfortable with - in order to satisfy your need for control. And that's what this is really about...your control issues.
I respect her as being a human with feelings just as I am. No less.

There are no control issues. That is rather judgmental to say. I have talked to her about it and at this point she can either take it seriously and decide if it is within her or she can decide it isn't. Again, I'm not and have not been forcing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Redplum33 you seem to enjoy wading into threads where everyone is being constructive & helpful, and throwing out often quite harsh advice that differs from the consensus...just to be contrary

William's girlfriend is abusive and has a lot of issues, and she is the one who is clearly out of line - not him.
I have a feeling that maybe he is only here to stir up drama within the thread which I feel there is no need for.

Thank you. This guy isn't worth my attention.

Last edited by WilliamPe; 08-26-2019 at 06:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:09 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,841,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post

Actually...When I read the thread I just wanted to know why she needed $1200 and if he was paying for all of the airfare. It does seem that she (gf) may get defensive because he comes up with what she’s doing wrong all the time after a while, that would get old too.

At the beginning of a relationship the 2 people try to decide if they’re a good fit, then move on from there. It doesn’t sound like they are, and from the way OP has laid it out, he consistently lets her know she’s not behaving the way he wants her to. “You aren’t acting loving”. If I was her I wouldn’t feel so great either.

So now the get to know you time is over, and OP has found she isn’t the kind of person who’s communication style makes him happy. Does he just continue to express to her how unhappy she makes him?
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships