U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

199 posts, read 623,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He IS 30, though, which, while young relative to many of us here, is plenty old enough to know NOT to waste almost 2 months texting "hey" to a woman and then blurting out "I wanna make something happen with you sexually..." the day after their first date.

I don't think he's a bad guy by any means, but his most recent experience was with FWB and I think his statement was much more about intent than consent.
I would say “Hey” at her work not through text. I didn’t get her number until July 6th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

44,051 posts, read 42,635,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
I would say “Hey” at her work not through text. I didn’t get her number until July 6th.
And you didn't go out until August 22.

What were y'all doing in the meantime?

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Quote:
And you didn't go out until August 22.

What were y'all doing in the meantime?
Texting/Talking

But we were also trying to find time to plan something when were both free because some days I work & she’s off, some days she works & I’m off. I have more a set schedule than she does.

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
Texting/Talking

But we were also trying to find time to plan something when were both free because some days I work & she’s off, some days she works & I’m off. I have more a set schedule than she does.
So have you set a second date? How does she not know her schedule yet?

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

7,856 posts, read 3,083,151 times
Quote:
He IS 30, though, which, while young relative to many of us here, is plenty old enough to know NOT to waste almost 2 months texting "hey" to a woman and then blurting out "I wanna make something happen with you sexually..." the day after their first date.

I don't think he's a bad guy by any means, but his most recent experience was with FWB and I think his statement was much more about intent than consent.
Yeah no matter how I adjust for demographics or age or whateverthehell, the statement: “I want to make something happen with you sexually” is just a such showstopper ... I mean at least it’s better than “I want to make something happen on you” or “around you”... one really isn’t asking for consent days ahead of time, so idk about the whole “thumbs up for pre-consent” sidetrack.

Maybe it’s OPs awkward way of sexy-talk, but he’s kinda lucky she continued. It’s not bizarre to assume sex may be involved in a romantic dating relationship, I’ve never thought it necessary to sketch out the parameters before a potential date. You’ll know when it’s time, if you get there OP. Someone who lets you know they want to take it slow is giving you a heads up not to expect it immediately.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

389 posts, read 85,105 times
Some women don't want to just go down and get sexual so quickly, especially if it's pre-organized. You still have to court her individually without your co-worker around (dinner at a place, walk somewhere, sightseeing), and do not take it as a given you're going to get physical that day just because you said you want it. You and her are not a computer program. And life isn't always what you ask of it. You have to earn it.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Quote:
So have you set a second date? How does she not know her schedule yet?
We definitely have something planned as we’ve talked about it & she knows just no official date yet. I have to note that July 6th was probably the last day that I seen her at my current job until August 22nd as she already had another job.

Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM

Why doesn’t she know when she will be free?

Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Why doesn’t she know when she will be free?
She currently knows, we just don’t have an official date yet. But I can tell you, I’m going to be seeing her again soon. How soon? We’ll see & no I don’t think I’ll have to wait another 6 weeks. We’ll see each really soon.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

7,094 posts, read 2,556,862 times
Quote:

Yeah...true. To be honest, when I wrote that, I had forgotten that he said he was 30. He does come across as a lot younger.

My previous statements should just be deleted, they're not relevant to the convo at all. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or