Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 08:37 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
She currently knows, we just don’t have an official date yet. But I can tell you, I’m going to be seeing her again soon. How soon? We’ll see & no I don’t think I’ll have to wait another 6 weeks. We’ll see each really soon.
That's up to you, you know.

Right now I'm not sure she hasn't had second thoughts and is starting to put you off with that, "I'll see when I'm free..." thing.

If she works an hourly job, she has to know her schedule for this weekend unless her manager just sucks. So you need to pick a day and throw it out there with specific plans and a time so she can say yes or no and y'all can get this show on the road. Otherwise y'all are still "just talking."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 08:53 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He IS 30, though, which, while young relative to many of us here, is plenty old enough to know NOT to waste almost 2 months texting "hey" to a woman and then blurting out "I wanna make something happen with you sexually..." the day after their first date.
Wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't seen it on CD-R!

Old 08-27-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't seen it on CD-R!
The good news is he's asking for advice and feedback.

Antwuan, what do you really want to happen? Are you interested in a relationship? You want to be in love and all that?

Or do you just want another FWB?

Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
That's up to you, you know.

Right now I'm not sure she hasn't had second thoughts and is starting to put you off with that, "I'll see when I'm free..." thing.

If she works an hourly job, she has to know her schedule for this weekend unless her manager just sucks. So you need to pick a day and throw it out there with specific plans and a time so she can say yes or no and y'all can get this show on the road. Otherwise y'all are still "just talking."
Why is it necessary to micro-manage a 30-year-old's courtship process to this ridiculous extent?!

OP, did you attend a boys' high school, and miss out on social skills training, or something? Or is what we're seeing here, the effect of growing up with an internet device in one's hand at all times?

Somebody help me put this in perspective, please. I'm struggling to get my mind around this.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Antwuan, what do you really want to happen? Are you interested in a relationship? You want to be in love and all that?

This is a key question. Maybe the OP hasn't ever had a real relationship yet, and only relates to engaging with women via his FWB experience....?

You're handling this expertly, as always, BB.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a key question. Maybe the OP hasn't ever had a real relationship yet, and only relates to engaging with women via his FWB experience....?

You're handling this expertly, as always, BB.
Thank, Ruth

I don't think his experiences are the typical 30-year-old's experiences. He's trying to figure it all out.

But yeah, knowing your goal will help us help you OP.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:53 AM

239 posts, read 724,188 times
Quote:

Trying to figure things out & see where goes but the way things are going I’d be open & interested in a “Relationship” someday & being with her & time will tell but our connection is pretty good right now.

She told me last night that she feels a “Connection” with me. The majority of my texts/our texts are about getting to know her & each other, I know I said I wanted to make something happen with her sexually but outside of that the sex talk has been limited.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
She told me last night that she feels a “Connection” with me. The majority of my texts/our texts are about getting to know her & each other, I know I said I wanted to make something happen with her sexually but outside of that the sex talk has been limited.
Sounds good.

Hopefully you two get together this weekend. You need some momentum here.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:43 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,571,080 times
Default New Female (Former Coworker) I Have A Few Questions

Quote:
After she said she wanna take things so slow with me yesterday I replied with Understandable.

I’m actually texting her right now, should I tell her that I’m willing to take things slow & not pressure her into anything?
if you keep bringing it up it will sound like you are obsessed with sex.

and this female is human, correct ?
Quote:
Texting/Talking

But we were also trying to find time to plan something when were both free because some days I work & she’s off, some days she works & I’m off. I have more a set schedule than she does.
this seems like a game of whoever is the least interested wins. its impossible that two persons cant link up for a 10 minute coffee in about 2 months.

i wanna' give birdiebelle all the points but this site says i have to spread some reputation around first.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 08-27-2019 at 01:01 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 05:14 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It shouldn't be noteworthy. It should be the way it is done.

if its the way it should be done, and many people arent doing it, then its noteworthy. you should study before taking a math test. hence reminders from teachers and parents to study. you should drive sober, hence reminders not to drink and drive

if he stated he wanted tomeet her and have sex with her on the first or second date, people would be yammering about consent and possible lack of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships