Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM

766 posts, read 1,652,901 times

Advertisements

So I went out with this guy Saturday that I met off POF. He messages me on POF a little over a week ago and we had just been texting until Friday. We talked for about an hour and we did mini-golf and ice cream Saturday. We were supposed to just do mini-golf then he asked if I wanted to grab some ice cream and talk. We ended up talking for almost 2 hours. Overall I had fun, good conversation.

So I didn't hear from him Sunday but he texted me this morning just to say hi and see how I was.

I really liked him and felt it was a good first date so I was glad to hear from him. But it'd weird like in next we have almost nothing to say. Usually guys that like to mostly text say more than
Hi how are u type thing. It's boring and weird. I really couldn't think of anything to say. Other than
texting we've had good conversations and I liked him in person.

If he wasn't interested he didn't have to contact me at all, but I kind of felt that his text was like to check in. I don't know. All the recent times we texted its been like this.

Any suggestions or feelings. We only went out once. Am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM

38,965 posts, read 27,328,653 times
I think he really likes you, otherwise, he wouldn't have texted. It is a good sign. Maybe you can email him or text him back to set up a phone conversation or arrange a second date.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,558,218 times
My impression is that online dating makes people (that's male and female!) go out with people who they're not really interested in enough. It's sort of like an ADD thing. You message the people you REALLY like, you get no response or rejection, then you feel like a loser and begin to message people you only so-so like because something is better than nothing, right? But you're not really feeling those people like you should, so you start communicating with them but it fizzles quickly, or you go out on a first date with them and have fun but then silence and nothing happens after that or you'll get a "Hey what's up?" text every 2+ weeks. All of this is a sign that you weren't really into each other enough. People in online dating are most prone to this. Overall, it leaves people feeling sort of dead inside and rejected.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,259,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
My impression is that online dating makes people (that's male and female!) go out with people who they're not really interested in enough. It's sort of like an ADD thing. You message the people you REALLY like, you get no response or rejection, then you feel like a loser and begin to message people you only so-so like because something is better than nothing, right? But you're not really feeling those people like you should, so you start communicating with them but it fizzles quickly, or you go out on a first date with them and have fun but then silence and nothing happens after that or you'll get a "Hey what's up?" text every 2+ weeks. All of this is a sign that you weren't really into each other enough. People in online dating are most prone to this. Overall, it leaves people feeling sort of dead inside and rejected.
I don't believe I've ever read a post that sums up online dating to the T. Great post!

Old 04-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
What you are saying makes sense, but why would he text back so soon after the first date. I had a good time on both parts of the date and felt he did too. We could've ended it way earlier then we did.

Maybe you are right. I guess time will tell.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,306,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
What you are saying makes sense, but why would he text back so soon after the first date. I had a good time on both parts of the date and felt he did too. We could've ended it way earlier then we did.

Maybe you are right. I guess time will tell.
Just ask him to get together again and you'll have your answer. If you go out again and he isn't asking to see you after another couple dates, move on.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Just ask him to get together again and you'll have your answer. If you go out again and he isn't asking to see you after another couple dates, move on.
I guess I will and see what happens.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,558,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I don't believe I've ever read a post that sums up online dating to the T. Great post!
Thanks, I'm here every monday.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM

37,415 posts, read 45,602,632 times
Quote:
Clearly you don't have much experience with online dating. I did it for years, and such behavior was never the norm.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:54 PM

37,415 posts, read 45,602,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
So I went out with this guy Saturday that I met off POF. He messages me on POF a little over a week ago and we had just been texting until Friday. We talked for about an hour and we did mini-golf and ice cream Saturday. We were supposed to just do mini-golf then he asked if I wanted to grab some ice cream and talk. We ended up talking for almost 2 hours. Overall I had fun, good conversation.

So I didn't hear from him Sunday but he texted me this morning just to say hi and see how I was.

I really liked him and felt it was a good first date so I was glad to hear from him. But it'd weird like in next we have almost nothing to say. Usually guys that like to mostly text say more than
Hi how are u type thing. It's boring and weird. I really couldn't think of anything to say. Other than
texting we've had good conversations and I liked him in person.

If he wasn't interested he didn't have to contact me at all, but I kind of felt that his text was like to check in. I don't know. All the recent times we texted its been like this.

Any suggestions or feelings. We only went out once. Am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Thanks
Why are you texting? If the dude sends you a text, tell him to call. If he likes you, he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships