U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:28 AM

44,764 posts, read 43,240,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosborne39 View Post
Thanks everyone. It got even wierder so I ended it. She knows I do group counseling at multiple points throughout the day. One day I couldn't answer and she sends me an immediate text in all caps saying "ANSWER YOUR PHONE!" When I told her I was in group she responded that she guessed she wasn't pretty enough for me and she wouldn't bother me anymore. One week later she said her account was hacked and asked for a 200 dollar loan.
Good lord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 10:31 AM

2,162 posts, read 1,363,809 times
Block her and keep it moving.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:23 PM

9,570 posts, read 12,512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
She bought 100 concert tickets ? What ?
yeah that tightwad cheapskate!!!!! $100 concert tickets aren't that expensive where I come from.....

Old 09-14-2019, 07:08 AM

4,431 posts, read 1,693,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I'll be honest.

I think moving fast at your age (and I'm the same age) is good.

Get on that treadmill, crank it up, and see if you've got a winner.

You're both mature adults (real adults). What's the problem?
Because anyone who starts out the relationship by throwing expensive gifts at the other person is compensating for something they don't have, like an emotionally mature personality. This woman is trying to buy a relationship, instead of letting it develop naturally.

I'm a 45 year old woman, and if a guy did this to me, I'd run. There's a name for that, love bombing. I'm not impressed by people who flaunt themselves to try to impress me.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:36 AM

4,431 posts, read 1,693,806 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone. It got even wierder so I ended it. She knows I do group counseling at multiple points throughout the day. One day I couldn't answer and she sends me an immediate text in all caps saying "ANSWER YOUR PHONE!" When I told her I was in group she responded that she guessed she wasn't pretty enough for me and she wouldn't bother me anymore. One week later she said her account was hacked and asked for a 200 dollar loan.
Wow... you dodged a whole packing case's worth of bullets.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:31 AM

30,988 posts, read 50,064,570 times
Quote:
A little more information on her. She's 40, no kids, never been married.
She has her own source of money, and she is into you. Hmm, what is the hold up?

hit that thing.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:22 PM

5,793 posts, read 8,353,491 times
Quote:
Good, you ended it! She's showing crazy behavior. I hope you never responded to even the simplest contact of hers anymore.

Old 09-21-2019, 07:08 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,307,732 times
Quote:
I'm a 43 year old divorced male with a 21 and 15 year old. I met a female on the 4th of July. About a week after meeting she offered to purchase extra season tickets to our NFL teams games this year. She also bought $100 dollar tickets for both of us to a concert for this coming weekend without asking first. Just a month in, she says she wants to go on a cruise next year and asked me to go with her. She stated she was in a fifteen year habitation relationship until April this year. She said his infidelity ended the relationship. I'm worried why she's moving so fast and even wonder if she's not over him and trying to make him jealous even. Am I reading too much into all of this?

Sounds like you nailed it. Those co habitation types aren't usually marriage types. Unless you just want to take a spin on her merry go round?

Old 09-27-2019, 08:49 PM

157 posts, read 29,728 times
Quote:
I'm a 43 year old divorced male with a 21 and 15 year old. I met a female on the 4th of July. About a week after meeting she offered to purchase extra season tickets to our NFL teams games this year. She also bought $100 dollar tickets for both of us to a concert for this coming weekend without asking first. Just a month in, she says she wants to go on a cruise next year and asked me to go with her. She stated she was in a fifteen year habitation relationship until April this year. She said his infidelity ended the relationship. I'm worried why she's moving so fast and even wonder if she's not over him and trying to make him jealous even. Am I reading too much into all of this?
Tell her how you feel. Her reaction will tell you more than the people on here can. The best way to gauge another person's true intent is to watch their actions when they are confronted with direct cards on the table talk. People can fake a lot when they are comfortable, but their true character comes out under the lights.

Personally I think she is likely lonely, likes you and has a bit of discretionary spending money. But, I am not there looking at her or talking to her. You are, and you need to man up and tell her how you feel.

Added after posting----Guess I should have read all the replies. Sounds like it is over.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:18 AM

1,032 posts, read 524,421 times
Quote:
saying people are crazy isn't politically correct, but normally crazy people can only hold their act together for so long. you're just lucky she showed you her hand early before you tried to wife or kid her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or