U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:21 AM

7,124 posts, read 2,561,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I think you know what I meant, but... whatever! My point was that cat owners and smokers are often nose blind to how their houses smell due to smoking or having indoor cats... because theyíve gotten accustomed to the smell.
Sorry... it is what it is!
I don't smoke in my house, and I don't smoke in my car. Well...not true. I smoke in the car sometimes. I smoke outside. Yes, even in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:24 AM

I'll tell you when I smell like smoke. If I go to a bar that allows smoking, I'll smell like smoke. If I go to someone's house, and they're smokers as well, and they smoke in the house, I'll smell like smoke.

But since I don't smoke in my house, and very rarely in the car, the smoke doesn't permeate around me. And thus, I rarely smell like smoke.

Old Today, 07:46 AM

5,430 posts, read 2,900,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
if she smokes, she pokes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'll tell you when I smell like smoke. If I go to a bar that allows smoking, I'll smell like smoke. If I go to someone's house, and they're smokers as well, and they smoke in the house, I'll smell like smoke.

But since I don't smoke in my house, and very rarely in the car, the smoke doesn't permeate around me. And thus, I rarely smell like smoke.
Well hello there nice to meet you!

Old Today, 07:48 AM

34,134 posts, read 42,607,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
if she smokes, she pokes
I was thinking that if they've been on nine dates they're past the current "three dates for sex" marker.

Old Today, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Well hello there nice to meet you!

I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging. Just more trying to explain how I rarely smell like smoke. LOL I don't like the smell anymore than anyone else.

But if I switched to clove cigarettes (and I've smoked them from time to time) I bet people would beg me to light one up. LOL

Old Today, 08:39 AM

7,860 posts, read 3,085,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I was thinking that if they've been on nine dates they're past the current "three dates for sex" marker.
Yeah, nine dates she wasnít smoking or smelling, and he already did ask about the cigarettes. She answered. Someone gave them to her. They didnít want to take them home, the last guy forgot them there, whatever. She answered.

Hereís a thought: Maybe she doesnít smell like smoke, her house doesnít smell like smoke, because she doesnít smoke. Maybe thatís why she didnít tell him that she smokes, itís because she doesnít.

OP, ask her again and you look like you donít believe her, or maybe are obsessive. Which makes some people uncomfortable.

Old Today, 10:54 AM

1,995 posts, read 4,787,519 times
Certainly ask her if she smokes. I will just tell you that I have seen divorces happen over one spouse refusing to quit smoking (or hiding it). I know a couple where the wife began secretly smoking years into the marriage. Husband is a health nut and when he found out, he begged her to stop. She stopped briefly, then took it back up again. She went to great lengths to hide it from him and the kids, but perfume can only go so far. Eventually, after begging and pleading, he told her that he simply couldn't stand to watch her do that to herself anymore and they divorced (that wasn't the only reason, but the smoking-and the sneakiness-was a large part of it).

So, if she smokes, ask yourself if you like her enough to put up with it. Save yourself heartache if you go into a relationship knowing about this and it doesn't just pop up later.

Old Today, 11:10 AM

1,619 posts, read 465,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Mine was the third answer posted and I told him exactly what he needed to do but he ignored me. Oh well. He can continue wringing his hands over it and freaking out but it's a common sense thing which, clearly not everyone has developed in their life, even at his age.
I understand completely.

Old Today, 11:11 AM

7,134 posts, read 3,973,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging. Just more trying to explain how I rarely smell like smoke. LOL I don't like the smell anymore than anyone else.

But if I switched to clove cigarettes (and I've smoked them from time to time) I bet people would beg me to light one up. LOL
You smell like cigarettes after you smoke. Breath, hair, clothing. You canít smell it because youíre used to the smell.

Old Today, 11:12 AM

17,600 posts, read 21,470,707 times
Love conquers all! And if this is a deal breaker for you, then the love was never there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or