U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose the best description for you (this is anonymous)
I lost my virginity before marriage, to someone I did not marry, and I regret that because I think premarital sex is wrong. 2 2.94%
I lost my virginity before marriage, to someone I didn't marry, and I regret that b/c I wish "my first" had been someone else- not b/c it's wrong. 8 11.76%
I lost my virginity before marriage to someone I did not marry, and I don't regret that at all. 43 63.24%
I lost my virginity before marriage, to the person I eventually married, and I regret that because I think premarital sex is wrong. 1 1.47%
I lost my virginity before marriage, to the person I eventually married, and I don't regret that at all. 5 7.35%
I stayed a virgin until marriage, and I regret that because I feel I missed out on opportunities I should've taken when I was a bachelor/bachelorette. 0 0%
I stayed a virgin until marriage, and I don't regret that at all. 3 4.41%
I am still a virgin. 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:31 AM

681 posts, read 2,454,608 times

Advertisements

This one is the revised version, taking popular opinion into account. The question is personal but the replies in the poll are anonymous. It's just for gathering statistics. I've wanted these stats for a long time, and now I figure I have a way to get them. Again, assume that "losing your virginity" happened in a LEGAL situation... and please reply only if you're 25 or older.

Last edited by NWPAguy; 04-17-2008 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: left something out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 AM

42,837 posts, read 75,887,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Again, assume that "losing your virginity" happened in a LEGAL situation.
LOL, I suppose in many cases the event would've been considered statutory rape had it become known to the public.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM

681 posts, read 2,454,608 times
That depends upon your state... and even still, I say that the "statutory" laws in this country need to be open to more interpretation. I won't shy away from saying that I feel that premarital sex is wrong... but is someone "RAPING" a girl if he's 19 and she's 15? Let's face it, when you're 15, you still have a lot of growing up to do... but you have reached the age of reason. You know what sex is, and you know what "yes" and "no" mean. Sex ed starts in 5th grade in most places... kids know about the birds and the bees well before they reach high school. I think it's sick that a 13-year-old can have sex with a 13-year-old and that is fine and dandy by the law (I knew people who did that)... but if that same 13-year-old had sex with an 18-year-old, the 18-year-old could be locked up and charged with rape (even if the sex was consensual and both people testified to that effect). That charge will screw the 18-year-old for the rest of his/her life... and it's not fair.

We all followed the case of Mary Kay LeTourneau, the 30-something-year-old teacher who had sex with her 12-year-old student... well, the student had bet his friends $20 that he could get her to have sex with him, even before a relationship was in the works! He wanted sex with her before the "seduction" even started. Okay, he was still a KID, but he obviously loved her... strongly enough to stay committed to her while she served years in prison. They got married when she was released. Who are we to say that her having sex with him was criminal? If it was consensual on both sides and there was no real coercion, I say that criminal charges should never be in the picture. Therapy maybe... not criminal charges.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 PM

8,322 posts, read 12,911,576 times
I answered even though I'm not older than 25. But my answer was:

Quote:
I lost my virginity before marriage, to the person I eventually married, and I don't regret that at all.
I haven't changed in the past 4 years (personality-wise), I don't think I'm going to change much in the next 4 years.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
That depends upon your state... and even still, I say that the "statutory" laws in this country need to be open to more interpretation. I won't shy away from saying that I feel that premarital sex is wrong... but is someone "RAPING" a girl if he's 19 and she's 15? Let's face it, when you're 15, you still have a lot of growing up to do... but you have reached the age of reason. You know what sex is, and you know what "yes" and "no" mean. Sex ed starts in 5th grade in most places... kids know about the birds and the bees well before they reach high school. I think it's sick that a 13-year-old can have sex with a 13-year-old and that is fine and dandy by the law (I knew people who did that)... but if that same 13-year-old had sex with an 18-year-old, the 18-year-old could be locked up and charged with rape (even if the sex was consensual and both people testified to that effect). That charge will screw the 18-year-old for the rest of his/her life... and it's not fair.
Oh, you're preaching to the choir... I was being sarcastic. I thank my good fortune every day at least I didn't grow up here in these insane days...

Quote:
We all followed the case of Mary Kay LeTourneau, the 30-something-year-old teacher who had sex with her 12-year-old student... well, the student had bet his friends $20 that he could get her to have sex with him, even before a relationship was in the works! He wanted sex with her before the "seduction" even started. Okay, he was still a KID, but he obviously loved her... strongly enough to stay committed to her while she served years in prison. They got married when she was released. Who are we to say that her having sex with him was criminal? If it was consensual on both sides and there was no real coercion, I say that criminal charges should never be in the picture. Therapy maybe... not criminal charges.
Well, now this is a bit sick even in my book... A 12-year old BOY is a child! I'm not saying I approve of her going to prison, but something has to be really wrong upstairs with a 30-year old woman who would do it...

Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,602,815 times
OH my goodness, more reading to do.

What about born again virgins? You left them out

Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
OH my goodness, more reading to do.

What about born again virgins? You left them out
Darn, I forgot to lobby for this one! Thank you! See what I'm saying... we only talk the talk.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,602,815 times
Quote:
..............I feel that premarital sex .. but is someone ............................sex is, and you ................ "yes" .................Sex ed starts in ........................have sex with sex with an 18-year-old,.................................(even if the sex ......................

We all followed the case of ............................sex with her student... ..........................to have sex with him, ...........................! He wanted sex with her before the "seduction" ......................... that her having sex ...............................
I just had to count how many times you said SEX.

Is it getting hot in here.........or is it just me?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
It's you! I'm drinking my cold beer and I'm just fine.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:35 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,546,330 times
Quote:
I just had to count how many times you said SEX.

Now I have that Nelly song going through my head....

"Its gettin' hot in here.........."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships