U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 03:21 AM
 
5 posts
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Iíve dated about 4 guys and they have all asked me for money even when just starting the relationship couple days weeks into the relationship they ask for money I donít know maybe itís me that attracts these types of men but they have jobs and thatís how met at work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 03:46 AM
 
1,274 posts, read 1,262,103 times
Reputation: 585
Maybe something about the way you talk or act makes you appear like you have a lot of money, and because you are attractive physically but have a timid personality, some of these people you meet might be more interested in your money rather than you. Maybe you should answer that you have nothing to give and use that as an opportunity to ask for a free dinner and see how they respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:05 AM
 
5 posts
Reputation: 10
I donít know what it is but Iím just scared to date not for a long time since it keeps happening and I obviously need to learn to say NO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:10 AM
 
3,453 posts, read 1,677,735 times
Reputation: 3566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
I donít know what it is but Iím just scared to date not for a long time since it keeps happening and I obviously need to learn to say NO
Oh. You didn't say "no" the first time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:11 AM
 
12,430 posts, read 13,760,940 times
Reputation: 14523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
I donít know what it is but Iím just scared to date not for a long time since it keeps happening and I obviously need to learn to say NO
Flat out ask them why.

ďWhy do you want my money?Ē

ďDo I look like an ATM?Ē
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:21 AM
 
5 posts
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Oh. You didn't say "no" the first time?
I mean I wanted to be nice gf and show I care and am supportive but no I didnít
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:35 AM
 
3,453 posts, read 1,677,735 times
Reputation: 3566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
I mean I wanted to be nice gf and show I care and am supportive but no I didn’t
Wanting to show you care and be nice is what they pick up on way before they even ask you for money. They are looking for motherly traits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:22 AM
 
205 posts, read 95,505 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
I mean I wanted to be nice gf and show I care and am supportive but no I didnít
Why are you claiming girlfriend status when your post makes it sound like these were nothing more than casual first or second dates? Honestly, the fact that any of them asked you for $$ at all should throw up a huge, red flag. Do a better job of screening before you go out. Select those that are employed, preferably full-time. Nice + caring doesn't equal handing out money like you are a lending officer @ a bank. In short, they are using you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:05 AM
 
Location: UK
1,002 posts, read 209,559 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesJava View Post
Why are you claiming girlfriend status when your post makes it sound like these were nothing more than casual first or second dates? Honestly, the fact that any of them asked you for $$ at all should throw up a huge, red flag. Do a better job of screening before you go out. Select those that are employed, preferably full-time. Nice + caring doesn't equal handing out money like you are a lending officer @ a bank. In short, they are using you.
^ ^ ^

This
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:14 AM
 
Location: Florida
20,098 posts, read 20,211,915 times
Reputation: 23686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
Iíve dated about 4 guys and they have all asked me for money even when just starting the relationship couple days weeks into the relationship they ask for money I donít know maybe itís me that attracts these types of men but they have jobs and thatís how met at work
All of them at work? Maybe the word gets around that you're a soft touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top