U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 AM

7,691 posts, read 9,195,056 times

Advertisements

I'm glad everyone is getting enjoyment out of the silly/dumb things my sister says/does. So, I'll be a horribly mean sister and let you in on another one of her "blonde" moments:

My mom and sister were taking a road trip one time. Then a song started on the radio that makes my mom emotional. She tried to stifle a few tears...

Sister: Mom, why are you crying?
Mom: (Sister's name), ever since I got to see (my daughter's name) being born, this song almost always brings me to tears. It reminds me of how deeply touched I was to be there to see my first granddaughter being born just -
Sister: *interrupts* Were you there when I was born?

And yes, she seriously asked her biological mother this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM

5,682 posts, read 10,513,374 times
My outlook on this Thread is:
First of all, is this the way men and women today have fun on a Forum......bashing their ex's, friends or family members??? No wonder our society in the U.S. is the way it is!!!
As far as men calling women "morons".......you guys picked them as girlfriends and wives. As far as the women calling men "morons".....same thing= you ladies picked them as boyfriends and husbands.
I'm very happily married, but perhaps you ladies and men should just stay single because you really have a problem with picking the right person. When I was single, I had a few "stupid" things happen with women also, but I sure didn't "bash" them for it. A lot of us do have "insecure" and lonely moments.
Oh well, just my .02 cents worth (from a 59 yr. old man).

Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM

15,008 posts, read 25,335,932 times
Kuharai...your gonna have to stop. People are looking at me funny. I rarely laugh out loud!

Loveboating...your attitude sucks. I would think at your age you would have more than one story to contribute. Maybe your wife has a few she'd like to tell us pertaining to you?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 AM

3,832 posts, read 8,034,912 times
Story#1
My ex gf from college drove her car for an hour while it was overheating. She called me at home and tried to describe the symbol on the light on her dash. I kept telling her to just pull over and I'd come to her but she wouldn't listen and just drove to my house.

My dad and I met her in the driveway when she pulled up. She popped the hood and the steam rolled out. We just looked at each other and shook our heads. Apparently it didn't do too much damage because we just filled it with antifreeze/water mix and she drove it for a couple more years.

Story#2
My wife drove the minivan from Fort Worth to Galvaston to go on a cruise with her friend, and friend's son. The "low tire" indicator light on the dash came on...oh....about 5 minutes after they left the house. It only comes on if one of the tires gets down to 28psi. The recommended pressure is 35psi. She kept on driving. And then drove it all the way back a week later like that.

Every time she'd talk to me on the cell phone I'd tell her to pull the damn thing over and put air in it. Well she did finally pull over on her way back and tried to put air in it...but they couldn't figure it out! How do you live your life to adulthood without knowing how to freaking put air in a tire? The least they could have done was found the nearest man to do it for them. When she finally got back it had about 18psi....about half the pressure it's supposed to have.

Last edited by drjones96; 04-18-2008 at 09:05 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 09:00 AM

4,150 posts, read 5,538,152 times
If a girlfriend had done this charming trick to me (unfortunately it never happened,I surmise they probably didn't dig me THAT much), I wouldn't have considered it moronic but proof of her inconditional love, and I would therefore have made love to her in her car "toutes affaires cessantes" as we say. But then I'm French!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM

7,691 posts, read 9,195,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
My outlook on this Thread is:
First of all, is this the way men and women today have fun on a Forum......bashing their ex's, friends or family members??? No wonder our society in the U.S. is the way it is!!!
People have "bashed" one another (figuratively) all throughout history. Life is what you make it - I prefer to have humour in my life. Personally, I think the U.S is the way it is because more and more people prefer money over fun. I think people taking life too seriously is the reason why society is messed up.

I also tend to bash my own actions:

My mother works at a Pepsi bottling facility. One day, she came over to my home and brought a special treat from her work. She frequently gets the "new flavors" before they hit the shelves and lets the entire family try it.

She brought over a bottle of Pepsi Blue - a drink that's been gone how long? Without even looking at the date, I take a giant swig of it. I proceeded to spit the nauseating liquid from my mouth, all over the cat. I gave her this look of horror while she laughed at me.

It was a bottle that had been recovered from the depths of the warehouse.

Oh, and then I had to give a very upset cat a bath.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 AM

90 posts, read 167,432 times
When I was in High School I worked at Subway. A woman came in with her kid who was trying to figure out which sandwich to eat. He asked her the difference between turkey and chicken and she said, "they are made with different chemicals." Now, I can somewhat understand being confused with, say, ham and salami, but turkey and chicken are the name of the actual animal.

And I had my own the other day. Fortunately I didn't say it aloud. My 6 month old was playing with his brother's maraca. He was having a great time shaking it and was content for 30 minutes or so. My brilliant thought was, "they should market these specifically for babies." A few minutes later I realized that they do. They are called rattles.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM

3,832 posts, read 8,034,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megande View Post
And I had my own the other day. Fortunately I didn't say it aloud. My 6 month old was playing with his brother's maraca. He was having a great time shaking it and was content for 30 minutes or so. My brilliant thought was, "they should market these specifically for babies." A few minutes later I realized that they do. They are called rattles.
LOL. That's funny. My wife brought some maraca's home from mexico for our kids. Our son who was just over a year old LOVED it. I had a moment kinda like that. Yeah...it's just like a big rattle to them.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM

5,682 posts, read 10,513,374 times
Please note: My attitude doesn't "suck" (as your age bracket likes to say/talk, unfortunately). My wife and I have done different "dumb" things in our lives, before and after we met and married, but we don't go telling a Forum about these things. We do have better things in life to do besides that!! Talking about "humerous" things doesn't necessarily mean "bashing" people. Oh well......our opinion again. Gosh, I love this generation.!! (being sarcastic, of course). You folks just keep on going. Is it funny, to some, but (thank God) not to all!!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 AM

125 posts, read 294,444 times
Cool I got one!

I am a female but this is funny! So like two years ago, me and my ex and his friend and his girlfriend went to the zoo here in Indy. So I love animals and i was like a kid in a candy shop! I had so much fun. Well you know we saw all the animals. Well when we were leaving to the truck, we were all talking about how cute the animals were and which one was our fav. well my ex said he loves Penguins. Well his friends girlfriend was like "Which one's were the penguins?"...I lost it! I told her the ones with the long trunk! haha it was so0o0 funny. She will never live it down, to this day i still say stuff to her about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships