Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Two nice looking guys from SF walk into a yoga class together.

I don't know if you need to say anything else after that sentence to write them off.
I don't think so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
I guess I have no room to talk since I ride bikes with a bunch of guys and we all wear skin tight lycra outfits.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I guess I have no room to talk since I ride bikes with a bunch of guys and we all wear skin tight lycra outfits.
No offense, but I hate those. Well, I generally can't stand suicidal bikers where they don't belong and at times they don't belong. Don't you folks realize should something happen you're the ones who are gonna die...

Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 PM

27,342 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Quote:
Two nice looking guys from SF walk into a yoga class together.

I don't know if you need to say anything else after that sentence to write them off.

Thats just raw!!! Lol. Hey there are a lot of 'cute' guys that come into my work every day, if youre interested. Contractors, homebuilders, guys trying to remodel or add on to their houses, etc. ....

Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Thats just raw!!! Lol. Hey there are a lot of 'cute' guys that come into my work every day, if youre interested. Contractors, homebuilders, guys trying to remodel or add on to their houses, etc. ....
Ha-ha, since your location is "right here," who wouldn't be interested...?!

Old 04-18-2008, 01:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
When I was in chicago I saw this gorgeous tattooed brunette standing in line at a bank in front of the grocery store. I was feeling unusually outgoing and talkative so I just walked up to her and opened my mouth. It started off well...

"I like your tattoo, does it have a story". Shocked look on her face. "Why yes, it's inspired by a poem by Goethe." I notice the words in german written on a stone in the tattoo "what do these words in german mean?" her, paraphrasing this poem along the lines of "truth is a virtue but naked truth burns" Problem was, it wasn't that simple. She took a lot longer to explain it than that. But I wasn't listening. By this time my eyes were locked on her tattoo, which had three nude women in it. I literally lost my mind inside that tattoo, and before I knew it she was done talking, I hadn't heard 90% of what she said. I looked up into her eyes, absolutely beautiful, and I said "that's neat, have a nice evening" and I walked away bumping into a dozen people before I reach the exit

Old 04-18-2008, 01:06 PM

22,164 posts, read 19,217,049 times
you go grrrrrl! I too lose all power of intelligent speech and my social skills disappear entirely when there is someone who has that astonishing effect on me! It's like being in 7th grade all over again! He'll say "hi" at work and I can manage "hi" and a (really goofy) smile back, but when he says still smiling, in that really deep husky voice he has (honest to god, I dream about his VOICE), "And how was your weekend? what did you do?" I just stand there staring. I'm sure he thinks I'm a total moron, I could be standing there with my mouth open drooling for all I know. Then I go to my desk and take all morning to settle down. It is really funny.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:12 PM

22,164 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No offense, but I hate those. [lycra on bikers]
totally off topic but though i like looking at biker bodies (especially those calfs and thighs) it is a total turn-off to see those lycra outfits. YUK, i hate 'em too. Give me cotton and khakis any day please.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
totally off topic but though i like looking at biker bodies (especially those calfs and thighs) it is a total turn-off to see those lycra outfits. YUK, i hate 'em too. Give me cotton and khakis any day please.
Frankly, I don't even care... I've never been attracted to the (fill in the sport) crowd.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:29 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
So I have the need to share this.

I was at my yoga class yesterday and this guy came in and asked how long til my class started? I told him he had about 5 minutes (I thought he wanted to use the room for something else) Then he and his male friend came back in and I asked if they were going to take my class. They said yes. Great I was a bit surprised because they were younger than my usual class participants and male but they were cute so I allowed it (just kidding) I welcomed them and explained a little to them, asked if it was their first time ect. This class is smaller usually only 15 people so it's a bit more intimate.

So we are going along just fine and we get to the balancing asanas. Ha! I was demonstrating the tree pose and I looked at this cutie and I kept loosing my balance (on both legs mind you)! I'm laughing typing this now, because yoga is becoming a second language to me and it was like I forgot how to speak! I think my regular's were wondering what was going on with me and then probably figured that I was crushing on the two boys in my class and couldn't get my head on straight (momentarily) Well they were right, but it was only ONE boy I was crushing on. (Yes this is San Francisco and they could have been gay, gay guys are cute too ya know)

Why is it when we feel somewhat attracted to another person we tend to lose ourselves? Meaning we forget how to speak, crazy words come out of our mouths, we lose our balance when we normally are very stable?

Anyway here's a chance to share a funny story that you may have. I'm anxiously waiting to hear replys.

REPLY: Its because euphoria is a very powerful sense and it can override all objectivity and reason. I think it would do us well as a society if we stopped putting so much emphasis on the sex appeal and concentrated a bit more on the inner true person of someone that initally looks good to us. After getting to know them better, they may not look so attractive as they once did, or...they just may be a real diamond in the rough !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships