Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:35 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,223,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
My wife was pregnant with our second baby when we saw a notice in the Natural Foods store about free Lamaze classes at the Women's Center.

By the time we got downtown and found a parking spot, we were already late and the class had started. The instructor waved us in and we sat down and joined in.

I was the only male there, but I didn't think much about it because after all, this was the Women's Center, and we were in San Francisco.

About a half hour later the class took a break and we discovered that we were in the Yoga class. The Lamaze class was across the hall.

By the way this is quite possibly the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I could see something like this being written into a comedy about first time parrents and I would LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,038,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY: Its because euphoria is a very powerful sense and it can override all objectivity and reason. I think it would do us well as a society if we stopped putting so much emphasis on the sex appeal and concentrated a bit more on the inner true person of someone that initally looks good to us. After getting to know them better, they may not look so attractive as they once did, or...they just may be a real diamond in the rough !
If you are able to so effectively suppress your natural human instincts, you are a much better man than I. More power to you.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:02 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,767,822 times
*sigh* Yes euphoria would explain it. I lost my balance and couldn't articulate what I wanted to say, at one point I said "just do what I'm doing"

BTW Men on bikes=HOT. Just make sure the shorts are black, the colored shorts don't leave much to the imagination

Old 04-18-2008, 03:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
lol you probably actually do that...(mating dance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
LOL -- Cute guys going to Yoga and San Francisco. I don't mean to stereotype my own kind, but....

When we encounter someone we find physically attractive the sympathetic nervous system goes into overdrive and "short circuits" our civilized concious. It's like, your mind and your body are fighting with each other. The mind is saying "Nice looking man, smile, and be pleasant", but your body is saying "Rip off your clothes, turn around and do a mating dance!". It causes loss of balance, etc. due to the struggle with which side is going to react.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:46 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,066,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
So I have the need to share this.

I was at my yoga class yesterday and this guy came in and asked how long til my class started? I told him he had about 5 minutes (I thought he wanted to use the room for something else) Then he and his male friend came back in and I asked if they were going to take my class. They said yes. Great I was a bit surprised because they were younger than my usual class participants and male but they were cute so I allowed it (just kidding) I welcomed them and explained a little to them, asked if it was their first time ect. This class is smaller usually only 15 people so it's a bit more intimate.

So we are going along just fine and we get to the balancing asanas. Ha! I was demonstrating the tree pose and I looked at this cutie and I kept loosing my balance (on both legs mind you)! I'm laughing typing this now, because yoga is becoming a second language to me and it was like I forgot how to speak! I think my regular's were wondering what was going on with me and then probably figured that I was crushing on the two boys in my class and couldn't get my head on straight (momentarily) Well they were right, but it was only ONE boy I was crushing on. (Yes this is San Francisco and they could have been gay, gay guys are cute too ya know)

Why is it when we feel somewhat attracted to another person we tend to lose ourselves? Meaning we forget how to speak, crazy words come out of our mouths, we lose our balance when we normally are very stable?

Anyway here's a chance to share a funny story that you may have. I'm anxiously waiting to hear replys.
read your profile its a blank are you a guy. i need to know where you are coming from to answer correctly.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:50 PM

353 posts, read 1,258,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
read your profile its a blank are you a guy. i need to know where you are coming from to answer correctly.
I assumed the OP was a girl, because she said "they could be gay." If the OP was a gay male, then why would the possibility of the guys being gay matter?

Old 04-18-2008, 03:54 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,223,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingfree View Post
I assumed the OP was a girl, because she said "they could be gay." If the OP was a gay male, then why would the possibility of the guys being gay matter?
If the op was a guy and the guys in the yoga class were gay....well that's a perfect match I guess.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
BTW Men on bikes=HOT. Just make sure the shorts are black, the colored shorts don't leave much to the imagination
I'm trying to figure why I hate them... it's not what you're saying as I like Speedos. It must be the fact I dislike sports in general and like a totally different type of men.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 40,998,312 times
I don't know how I stumbled across this thread but I have to say it is funny.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:57 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,767,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm trying to figure why I hate them... it's not what you're saying as I like Speedos. It must be the fact I dislike sports in general and like a totally different type of men.
No athletic men for you? That's ok, I'll take them. (that's the euphoria speaking I don't really need guys in the plural form, one athletic, sincere, patient, kind, considerate, loving, genuine, artistic person would be sufficient)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships