Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

mother nature does not care whether you hook up with good or bad she just wants babies and the food to raise them. when you get old you get smart (some of us) and you care about stuff like good or bad. lots of older single good people out there but they are smart enough to know a 10 does not need to hook up with a 2. and that people lie a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 11:58 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
All the good men are taken because all the good women had sense enough to take them.
You need to ****, cuz I can't rep you anymore

Old 04-21-2008, 06:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
All the good men are taken because all the good women had sense enough to take them.
All the men who are taken are not necessarily good.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times
I didn't read that article, but I will give my two cents for what it's worth.

Not long ago, I got done playing a gig and a girl working at the place told me I was cute... and then saw my wedding ring. Her comment to her co-worker was "Man, why are all the cute ones married?". (I imagine she was in her mid-20s.)

This girl had tattoos, a belly button ring, and she stunk of cigarette smoke. Ladies, none of those things say "I'm a good woman" to a good man. I know that a lot of men think that stuff is attractive... but for the most part, those men ain't the good ones. A lot of y'all complain that you cannot find a good man because they're all taken... well, they're not all taken. The problem is not a dearth of available men... it's YOU!

To illustrate, I had a friend back in the day when I lived in NJ... last time I talked with her, she was 39 years old and still single. By that time, she was definitely desperate to get married because she wanted a child and her biological clock was ticking. She was not unattractive, and she acted younger than her age. However, it didn't take long for me to learn why she was still single and forever complaining about how hard it was to find a good man. In her 20s, she did the bachelorette thing... gallavanting around with all kinds of guys, bar-hopping, clubbing, whatever... she lacked the desire to settle down at that time, always figuring that once she got done having fun in her younger years, THEN she could find a good man when she was a bit older... and settle down. However, being 39 years old, almost all of the men she had access to, in her general age range, were either freeloading losers who were still living with Mommy and Daddy despite being in their 30s... or divorced single parents. She was willing to settle for a divorced single parent... but how many divorced single daddies around 40 years old were still desirous of having another child? Now, had she looked for a good man in her 20s rather than playing the bar-fly game, she'd have found him... and been happily married with children of her own by age 39.

She learned the hard way that the good men get snatched fast... because there ain't many of them! Lots of men do that uber-bachelor stuff too... they live for sports and drinking and casual sex... well, deep down, women want love even if they're bar flies. So, if a woman happens to find a man who is not into all of that superficial stuff and actually wants to settle down and give true love, they're going to do whatever they can to take him off the market. Such men get their pick of the single women... and because of that, they won't settle until they find a good one too. Then they get married, like I did, because that's what they always wanted to begin with.

Contrary to popular belief, there are good men out there. The only trouble is, most women believe they can find such men at bars, clubs, the mall, the bus stop, whatever. Sometimes that happens. Most of the time, it doesn't. If you want to find a good man with good values who isn't prone to philandering, maybe the first place you should look is CHURCH!!!! Not all men who go to church are "good men", but you've got a much better shot at finding a good man if you look at church than you would if you look at the corner tavern.

You can look on the Internet too. The Internet is absolutely wonderful... that's how I found my wife, after all. Let's face it, ladies, for as much as you may complain about not being able to find a good man... good men complain about not being able to find a good woman. I always wanted to find the right one, and settle down... and I kept finding superficial women and bar flies.

So that means that your very first step, when it comes to finding a good man, is that you have to be the "good woman" that such a man would want to marry. Stop drinking, stop smoking, stop dressing like a floozy, stop going to bars, stop socializing with groups of superficial people, and get your head straight. Think about the kind of man you want... and then realize that such a man, who brings THAT MUCH to the table of humanity, will want to get himself a woman who brings an equal amount to said table.

I guarantee that there are a lot of good men still out there... waiting to find the right woman... I know some such men! I didn't meet she who became my wife until I was 26 years old... and that's OLD for a bachelor even by today's standards. Good men will wait to find a good woman... and they won't settle for less.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
All the men who are taken are not necessarily good.
That's true.

And all the men taken are not necessarily taken by good women.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
That's true.

And all the men taken are not necessarily taken by good women.
That's true, too. Fortunately, we all get un-taken pretty often so those who think they missed something can enjoy the goodies.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:29 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
The problem is that too many American's depend on looks rather than anything else. And when they get married because of looks eventually one will loose their looks and the other will be left bitter until one of them finally realizes that they don't want to be in this relationship anymore and then they divorce. Unfortuanately, many of them have kids and these kids will almost be like their parents. Wake up people, it isn't about looks or how popular he or she is. It is all about how they treat you.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
I totally agree with NWPAguy's comment.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
I remember when my soon to be exhusband and I were with our two beautiful children in Carmel Cal. We were walking around the shops and stopped into a local coffee shop. We were having a good week in the marriage. There were two college aged girls there they looked at us and I overheard them say "OHH, what a cute family! I want that."

I thought to myself. They have noooo idea what they just wished for. Things are not always as they appear.

If all the good men are taken, why do I commonly hear most wives complain about the "good ones" they have taken? That's an absurd comment if you ask me.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times
Moonsavvy, I have to respond to your question with a question. Do those women truly believe that they have a "good man"? Or, could it be that most of the women who complain are the ones mentioned in the article who "settled" for something less than what they truly wanted?

Even if they know they have a good man, everyone complains. We all want perfection, even if part of us knows that's impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships