U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM

201 posts, read 326,813 times

Advertisements

Kick him out and ignore all the classy comments..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM

25,170 posts, read 34,150,029 times
this situation reminds me of wife swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
Kick him out and ignore all the classy comments..

Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
no this thread is about reality. the poster's attitude is very immature and childish. So therefore the more mature person in the house (Chris) is going to start acting as the parent...it is funny how that works out. The other "Children" in the house are just upset becase they cannot control their irresponsible behaviors and are probably unfairly criticizing and blaming Chris. Really sad, especially for men in graduate school. LOL.
No it's not, not one bit actually. He's not ready to settle down and Chris has no reason to judge and make others feel uncomfortable..

Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,470,553 times
Quote:
??? ya that would be rude. I would never talk to the guy who kicked me out of the house again. The friendship would be completely ruined by then.
That's you. You're an artsy guy, not a college stud. I'm sure he understood what the home would be like when he moved in.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
this situation reminds me of wife swap.
Classy comments was referring to you all calling the 3 roommates childish when they are living the way they want to. Nothing childish or classless about it.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 PM

settle down? We arn't talking about marriage. We are talking about respecting women. You don't use them for sex and then ditch them. It's a bad habit. Not all singles do that sort of junk.

I'm not saying he can't have hook ups. I just think that is sooo immature. Reflects an inability to commit and a fear of intimacy. A definite weakness.

Quote:
No it's not, not one bit actually. He's not ready to settle down and Chris has no reason to judge and make others feel uncomfortable..

Old 04-25-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
settle down? We arn't talking about marriage. We are talking about respecting women. You don't use them for sex and then ditch them. It's a bad habit. Not all singles do that sort of junk.
How is it using them when they are up for it? They aren't going in saying hey lets get together doing the nasty and never talking to them again. The girls aren't innocent.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:04 PM

rocks stars live that life style. Not sure about people preparing to be REAL professionals. Especially law, where ethics should count.

Quote:
Classy comments was referring to you all calling the 3 roommates childish when they are living the way they want to. Nothing childish or classless about it.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:05 PM

ok, it is like if you asked me to buy you cigarettes and booze at the store. While I knew it wasn't good for you. So I would say "No" I will not contribute in damaging your health. It is like that scenario.

Quote:
How is it using them when they are up for it? They aren't going in saying hey lets get together doing the nasty and never talking to them again. The girls aren't innocent.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:39 PM

522 posts, read 1,029,352 times
Quote:
OMG you are in graduate school?? and Law School. WOW. Men really do mature at much slower rates. That is so sad.

But then again, narcissistic people who don't prefer relationships will find out in their older age how much they missed out on. You can decide to have that magic moment last longer than one night by committing to some form of relationship (no I am not talking about being connected at the hip) or you can just go about using women that want to be used and then ditched, the magical good feeling only lasts for several hours because of your decision to not committ or stay friends. Your choice!!
OMG.
You want to talk about childishness and imaturity when you're basically egging me on into a battle of: "Who is more mature than the other."
Rather than dumb down to your level I will tell you this. Hopefully you can gain an "understanding" that not everyone who lives like this is "immature."
All of us at the house, you know the "immature and narcissistic" ones, may "play the same game" but not all of us do the same exact things, and the lives we live are the result of different reasons.

I for one am not into being in a relationship right now because being a first year law student tends to complicate any time a relationship would ask for. Currently my life consists of reading books and staring at my laptop doing legal research or briefing cases. During the summer I will have to live in L.A. and work at least 60 hours a week. fun. Ive pretty much made a vow to myself that getting married before Im done with school is a no-no. Although I realize that I could try to find someone compatible, I just dont care for it right now. I want to get my life in gear before I start committing into a relationship. Whether that be in 1 or 4 years, how is this immature?
One of the other guys, thats not Chris, is open to relationships. He tends to date more often. Had a few relationships that lasted about a month. Hasnt found the special one. In the meanwhile, he's all up for casual sex.
The other one I dont know what hes doing. Sounds like he'd be up for a relationship. But Ive never seen him go on more than 3 dates with the same girl.

I just dont understand, and frankly I believe it to be ignorant, to say that someone is immature based on being promiscuis.

Quote:

I'm not saying he can't have hook ups. I just think that is sooo immature. Reflects an inability to commit and a fear of intimacy. A definite weakness.
Again with the immaturity. Anyways, I would like to know where disrespect is. You argument is again conclusory.
Just because a woman is promiscuis, doesnt mean that she is a constant sponge of disrespect. Women have the same needs that men do. And just because a guy is promiscuis doesnt mean he has no respect for women.

On the contrary, I have a ton of respect for women. I love women. In fact, I think that if I have a problem, its that I love em too much. But I have many female friends that I wouldnt hit on because I wouldnt want to lead them on. The ones that I do hit on, and later get with, typically know from the start that Im No-strings-attached guy. If I sense that they dont understand this, I let them know.
9 times out of 10, they know what the deal is. The one/few that didnt know, was likely to be naive and hoping to squeeze blood from a turnip. They know what they are doing and what they want, and know what the game is.
But again, we could go on forever arguing about this respect issue. But in the end, your claims of disrespect fall short because you have nothing to base it on. Im sure many promiscuis women, or even ones that are not, would argue contrary to your position.

Last edited by wesside; 04-25-2008 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: editing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships