Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:11 PM

Location: A right angle directly south of Sac and east of the bay area
120 posts, read 385,713 times

Advertisements

I'm with FatFreddy, your room-mate needs to get some. The lash outs are signs of total sexual repression. No man in college in his right mind tries to think like he is 40 and have sex only in relationships unless hes got physical/mental issues or is a mormon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 05:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Excuse me? I am very offended by that. So only men in their 40s think that sex in relationships is good?

Have you never heard of AIDS? Accidental pregnancy? STI's? The fact that the other one could have feelings for the person and that you are hurting her/him by ditching her/him aftwards? (That has happened to me and it was the MOST painful experiences I've ever had in my freakin life) All because you men can't be clear and honest, are pefectionistic, narcissistic, self absorbed, and addicted to sex.

your loss. Not mine. Relationships arn't that difficult to have. They can be really awesome if you set boundaries and rules. You set boundaries and continue to live your life like normal. You stay an individual and stick to your rules. Its rather easy. I don't think my mind is like that of a 40 year old...do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoA's View Post
I'm with FatFreddy, your room-mate needs to get some. The lash outs are signs of total sexual repression. No man in college in his right mind tries to think like he is 40 and have sex only in relationships unless hes got physical/mental issues or is a mormon.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 PM

You men? But your name says artsy GUY? What is this "you men" stuff, I'm an idividual too. I was just joshin about the men in their 40's part. Heck my dad was 40 once . No one said anything about being unfaithful, I just made the point that most college aged guys don't mind a little one-night stand action with a random stranger. Id be willing to bet dollars to donuts most men here (who are not sexually repressed as some posters are) would be willing to agree. We arn't talking about some guy who wants a relationship, we are talking about someone who is so ANGERED by the fact that his roomates don't comprehend or experience sex in the same manner, that he feels the need to LASH OUT on his roomates and their "guests". Totally different ball game, than what ever anti-man rant you've got going on.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM

I am not anti-man at all. I am a college aged guy. I am gay and like men but feel very odd doing the one night stand thing with strangers or even with aquintances. The risk of sleeping around is not having the reliability of getting it later. It is one night and then I am left on my own. It hurts knowing that I'm not going to get that action ever again. Do you get what I am saying? Do you know what I mean? In a relationship you know sex, making out, cuddeling will be there when you want it for the most part.

The sex doesn't come regular if you don't have a FWB or a relationship. After a one night stand I am left empty and desperately trying to fill the sex void. Like who I am going to make out with now? Who am I going to sleep with now? Do you guys never have those awful feelings?

Do you know what I am saying. It is too HUGE of an effort to constantly be seeking, competing for, and searching for a one night stand. No I am not ugly. I look very good to be honest. And then on top of all that, what happens if I get emotionally attached or feel used afterwards? What happens if I get herpes, AIDS, bacterial diseases, etc.

Sex is one huge ordeal imo. Your opinions?

Quote:
You men? But your name says artsy GUY? What is this "you men" stuff, I'm an idividual too. I was just joshin about the men in their 40's part. Heck my dad was 40 once . No one said anything about being unfaithful, I just made the point that most college aged guys don't mind a little one-night stand action with a random stranger. Id be willing to bet dollars to donuts most men here (who are not sexually repressed as some posters are) would be willing to agree.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:32 PM

He has a right to feel angry if they were noisy, loud or obnoxious about it. He also did not lash out in any way or form. Using sarcastic humor is a way of lashing out? Not in my book. It's a way people deal with irritation.

Quote:
We arn't talking about some guy who wants a relationship, we are talking about someone who is so ANGERED by the fact that his roomates don't comprehend or experience sex in the same manner, that he feels the need to LASH OUT on his roomates and their "guests". Totally different ball game, than what ever anti-man rant you've got going on.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:35 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ya, I have had friends like you who want to always have their calender open. I say do you want to hang out on this day, there is a concert or party I always get the same hurtful answer "Sorry man I don't know what I'm doing that day". ya see people like you are too selfish to really care about other peoples wants and needs. You can make time for yourself and schedule to hang out with your buddies (even it is last minute) and go to class, but when it comes to honoring somebody else's wishes and wants, you have a real rotten attitude about it. It is your loss. Continue to be a child and not form real relationships. You'll see some day, it is very hard to change those habits. You'll also see your "friends" forget about you. It is your right to do what you wish. Have fun while it lasts.
Maybe its you. Maybe they dont necessarily enjoy being friends with you and they're being nice. You sound like a real judgmental type of person and I would probably say the same thing to you.
But you have no idea what kind of friend I am based on your own friends. I am a very loyal friend. I still have two good buddies from highschool that I still talk to frequently, and hang out with. From college, I have at least 7 good buds that I think of the top of my head that I talk to frequently as well. When I go back to Utah, where I went to undergrad, any friends still living in Utah get together so we can do stuff. Ive had 3 friends so far come down to San Diego from the East Coast to visit. Its no coincidence.
From what Ive seen in the past, is that friends who get involved in relationships that begin to hang out less. I dont blame them. When you are in a relationship you begin spending more time with the girlfriend rather than the friends. It happens.
What I meant by having the calendar cleared out was not that I dont ever plan ahead and wait for the last minute. It happens. Rather, in a relationship you always have to plan ahead to make sure you're not spending too much with either the girlfriend or the friends because you cant do both at the same time.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
He has a right to feel angry if they were noisy, loud or obnoxious about it. He also did not lash out in any way or form. Using sarcastic humor is a way of lashing out? Not in my book. It's a way people deal with irritation.
Well if you read the OP's origional post you would know the dude did Lash Out. Confronting some ones sexual partner with " do you feel good about yourself doing the things you do", and other obsurd, rude, confrontations with GIRLS when he is a MAN definatly crosses the line in MY BOOK. Sarcastic, resesntful, with an underlying tone of a grudge, is definalty a more subtle way of lashing out. I've had friends that only enjoy sex with people they love, but none of them try to obnoxiously analyse my love/sex life, and I do the same with them. It's called being a decent human being with some sense of common courtisy. Or as we say where I am from, "Not being a Hater".

Old 04-26-2008, 05:47 PM

How are they being nice by rejecting me without a discussion??? You would probably say the same thing to me without having a discussion about why you don't wish to hang out? How is that nice?? That's pretty passive aggressive. That is a pretty hurtful thing to do!

If they had a problem with me being judgmental they have to say so directly to me, and work with me on a compromise. Its that easy, true friends will try to accomodate other friends, which is what I do, not everybody is perfect nor can I read peoples minds. I expect friends to say so to me. If they think "negatively" of me, then I will do my most to accomodate them and make some peace. Understand?

It is extremely rude to put people off and say "I don't know what I am doing". I am one of the nicest persons I know. How dare you.

I think it is your problem that you can't manage a calender. You seem to think that planning ahead of time is such a horrible thing. What ever your loss man. Continue to live like a little kid.

[quote=wesside;3584755]Maybe its you. Maybe they dont necessarily enjoy being friends with you and they're being nice. You sound like a real judgmental type of person and I would probably say the same thing to you.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:49 PM

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I don't see Chris's behavior as being bad or rude. I think it is his opinion or his curiosity, even if it is a little snide.

I think you guys are just way to overly sensitive to other peoples opinions and comments. Y'all are what we call, Man-Children.

If his comments really bothered me. I'd say "I don't want to hear a lecture from you. Please don't lecture her". Then walk away.

Quote:
Well if you read the OP's origional post you would know the dude did Lash Out. Confronting some ones sexual partner with " do you feel good about yourself doing the things you do", and other obsurd, rude, confrontations with GIRLS when he is a MAN definatly crosses the line in MY BOOK. Sarcastic, resesntful, with an underlying tone of a grudge, is definalty a more subtle way of lashing out. I've had friends that only enjoy sex with people they love, but none of them try to obnoxiously analyse my love/sex life, and I do the same with them. It's called being a decent human being with some sense of common courtisy. Or as we say where I am from, "Not being a Hater".

Old 04-26-2008, 05:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
I guess we have to agree to disagree. I don't see Chris's behavior as being bad or rude. I think it is his opinion or his curiosity, even if it is a little snide.

I think you guys are just way to overly sensitive to other peoples opinions and comments. Y'all are what we call, Man-Children.

If his comments really bothered me. I'd say "I don't want to hear a lecture from you. Please don't lecture her". Then walk away.
Did you see the comment Chris made to those women that I reiterated on a previous post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships