Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times

Advertisements

I would wager Phil prefers cats to his own kind, not dogs, that is all, carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 01:12 PM

16 posts, read 38,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I would wager Phil prefers cats to his own kind, not dogs, that is all, carry on.

I THINK MAYBE HE IS HIDING BEHIND IT.

I wish i could do more. Sometimes i wonder what good could i have done for someone that would have made a differance and i didn't

Old 04-26-2008, 01:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatossed View Post
I THINK MAYBE HE IS HIDING BEHIND IT.

I wish i could do more. Sometimes i wonder what good could i have done for someone that would have made a differance and i didn't
I like to think we all do some good by sharing on forums...

Old 04-26-2008, 02:01 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
IF I HAD KNOWN MY POST WOULD EVENTUALLY BRING OUT A DOG ISSUE AND PIG LATIN I WOULDN'T HAVE POSTED IT.
And yet, oddly enough, it's all related...

Quote:
ARE WE SO AFRAID OF OUR NATURE THAT WE BARK AND BITE OTHERS.
Perhaps we are SO self-aware that we know, from experience, to be on guard.

Quote:
PHIL DID I UNDERSTAND YOU CORRECTLY. YOU PERFERR DOGS OVER YOUR OWN KIND.
As MoonSavvy so perceptively pointed out, I prefer cats.

Actually, I prefer Sugar-Glider squirrels, but they're hard to come by...

Quote:
GUYS THIS IS ABOUT LOVE RESPECT AND CARING. NO MAN IS AN ISLAND, NO MAN STANDS ALONE, IF WE ARE 50, 20 OR 10 YEARS OLD WE NEED SOMEONE.
Why?

Why do we need them?

What happens if there IS no one?

Quote:
IS IT EASIER TO FEEL AND BE CONCERN FOR A PERSON WHOSE PLAYING A ROLE ON TELEVISION? TO THE GENTLMAN OR LADY COOKING THE FOOD FOR SOMEONE'S BURIAL, THATS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT THANK YOU.
I don't know about catered funerals, but it often seems that the masses idolize TV and movie stars while the REAL role-models go unsung.

Quote:
TODAY MY MON WENT BY TO SAY HELLO TO AN ELDERLY LADY, WHEN SHE GOT THERE THE LADY WAS LEANING AGAINST HER BATHROM WALL. SHE WANTED TO TAKE A BATH BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO MOVE SEEING HAD FALLEN FIVE TIMES ALREADY FOR THE DAY. MY MON GAVE HER THE BATH, FED HER AND CALLED THE DOCTOR, THIS IS WHAT IT IS ABOUT.
Truly an act of caring. My respect and admiration to your Mom.

Quote:
WE SOMETIMES OUR WORST ENEMIES(OUR MINDS AND OUR HEARTS) THE WAY WE HOLD THINGS IN AND BEAT OTHERS WITH IT.
Very true.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Sometimes i wonder what good could i have done for someone that would have made a differance and i didn't
Worrying about the past is a waste of time; worrying about the future is a payment made to disaster before it's due.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:14 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Wow. Well count me as someone that prefers to help animals over humans. Not that I won't help out another human being, but animals have just as much right to life and a good quality of life as a human. Others here will go out of their way to help an innocent child, well animals are just as innocent and helpless.

I remember an old charity drive asking everyone to give 5% of their time or money to a good cause. And I choose animals and I refuse to be guilted into choosing a human cause instead. I don't think it matters what the cause is, as long as everyone contributes something. I guess that I'm tired of the people who think that human beings are more special that the other life forms on this planet. And people also need to stop breeding irresponsibly.

My last four dogs and all of my cats have been rescued as strays or from shelters. They are all spayed or neutered. And they wouldn't have needed to be saved had their previous human owners acted responsibly or kindly towards them.

And for the christian types, Noah was asked by god to save pairs of all living creatures, he wasn't told to fill his ark with people. Animals are just as valuable as humans.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I guess that I'm tired of the people who think that human beings are more special that the other life forms on this planet.
Well, you're lucky - not too many of us here.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:18 PM

Thanks, Miu. You said it so much better than I could have.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:27 PM

16 posts, read 38,315 times
I'M SURE THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO SHARE MY POINT OF VIEW.
Phil why don't you try living on a derserted island say for a year. You wouldn't have to pay taxes but you'll get the picture

Old 04-26-2008, 02:31 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
When I see a stray cat come over the back fence into my yard I go out to meet him with a bowl full of food.

When I see a human come over the back fence into my yard I go out to meet him with a shotgun full of buckshot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships