Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:33 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I made the mistake once of marrying a man that was 5 years younger than me. No more little mamas boys. I prefer my age or the older, experienced man. That's the only way to go.
But how old were you when you got married? When I was 25, it was no big deal to date a man that was 30 but probably to be with someone who was 20 would seem young to me. I think that once you are over 35, to date someone five years younger is not a big gap. Definitely being over 45, a man five years younger is nothing.

At the age I am now, I'd rather be with someone younger than older. What I am thinking is that the older a woman gets, that statistic about us living on average seven years longer than men comes more into play. So being almost 50, to date a guy that is 55+... well at this point in life these guys are looking and acting much older than I am. And that would make me feel older sooner than I need to. When I am 60, I wouldn't want to invest love time with a man that was older than me, not unless he was extremely fit and had genes for long life.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:06 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just think of how many times a smaller number can go into a larger one...
hmm that's an oddly tantalyzing statement...

Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Are you serious about teaching a football team yoga? I can't imagine those macho-wannabe jocks doing yoga unless their coach forced them to (or be off the team). Good luck rejecting all that testosterone.

I am serious, should I be frightened?

I'll be there to increase their range of motion and flexibility. It's not like we're going to pop up into some backbends and handstands.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:19 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But how old were you when you got married? When I was 25, it was no big deal to date a man that was 30 but probably to be with someone who was 20 would seem young to me. I think that once you are over 35, to date someone five years younger is not a big gap. Definitely being over 45, a man five years younger is nothing.

At the age I am now, I'd rather be with someone younger than older. What I am thinking is that the older a woman gets, that statistic about us living on average seven years longer than men comes more into play. So being almost 50, to date a guy that is 55+... well at this point in life these guys are looking and acting much older than I am. And that would make me feel older sooner than I need to. When I am 60, I wouldn't want to invest love time with a man that was older than me, not unless he was extremely fit and had genes for long life.
I was in my early 20's and he was 19. Too young I guess for him.
Being 49 now, and my s/o being 52 is good. If I were in the dating scene again, dating someone 5 years younger would be okay but I can't imagine going below 40 or maybe even 45 for a serious relationship but for a sexual relationship, a few romps would be okay but I'd still rather be with a more mature, experienced man that knows his way around for the long run.
I guess when I was younger, it was somewhat of a turn on to be with a younger guy so I could be the teacher but I find that the older ones are more willing to learn and actually enjoy and understand sex a lot more.
I think age is more a number and my second husband (now late) was 24 years older than me. It can work and to each his/her own but this is what works for me.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Ok ladies, I just want to know if there are any older women( 10 to 15 year age difference) would be willing to have an on going sexual relationship with a younger man?

I am not asking for myslef(LOL) I am asking to see if women do this.
REPLY: Using of one another for temporary sexual gratification is wrong. Even if you have permission. Human Beings are more than just animals in the forest and they have responsiblity, dignity, intrinsic high worth. Dont be fooled by the out of control culture and absurd philosophies such as Pond Scum to 206 bone Human Being (macro-evolution) to justify such wrong behaviour. I used to use others till God got a hold of me and changed my heart from being a self centered person. Regards.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:54 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,037 times
I'm not going to just have sex with anyone to just have sex, so I'll have to alter my response a bit. In dating and all that means, I would not ever date a younger man of any age. I prefer slightly older to within 10 years.... experience and maturity. Not my cup of tea for a young one, now and never has been.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:16 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post

Dont be fooled by...absurd philosophies such as Pond Scum to 206 bone Human Being (macro-evolution)...
Yes, we must all be constantly on our guard lest we be be fooled by this insidious plot.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
hmm that's an oddly tantalyzing statement...
Why - whatever makes you say that? *blinks with big puppy-dog eyes*

Old 04-27-2008, 06:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY: Using of one another for temporary sexual gratification is wrong. Even if you have permission.
Sometimes it's just what the good Doc ordered!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I am serious, should I be frightened?

I'll be there to increase their range of motion and flexibility. It's not like we're going to pop up into some backbends and handstands.
A former student and lady-friend of mine is a yoga and pilates instructor. She acquired the nickname "Queen of Pain", which has a double meaning but the most relevant one here concerns how she worked her students - hard.

Just like taijiquan can be taught as either a New Age wimp-dance or as the martial art it originally was, yoga can be taught soft or hard. The name escapes me right now - what was that trendy style a few years back? Where you performed it in an over-heated room? Seemed like a yoga boot-camp.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Moonie, but isn't there plenty of precedent for teaching amateur and pro athletes yoga? Something rattling around in my head tells me I've seen articles about this before...as well as the benefits they gain.

The tough part is making them sit up and take you seriously at the very beginning. If you can manage that, then they'll be putty in your hands.

Just some thoughts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships