Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Just because you have eventually gotten it right (maybe) doesn't make you a better person or a better advisor than the rest of us....Evidently you think if you’re fine in some department you have a license to look down at and ridicule those who haven’t been as fortunate.
How do you know that any of what I have written is true or related to reality in any way whatsoever.

For all you know I could be a single 23 year old female graduate student doing a project on cyber-reality who has created an on-line character based entirely on research gleaned from Internet forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
How do you know that any of what I have written is true or related to reality in any way whatsoever.
I don't. That's why I had "maybe" in parentheses.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
For all you know I could be a single 23 year old female graduate student doing a project on cyber-reality who has created an on-line character based entirely on research gleaned from Internet forums.
Wanna go on a date?

FWIW - if you're posting in a public forum, it's a bit unrealistic to say "please don't be so harsh with me" - I think we ALL have combat stories we could relate about online flame-wars and off-line romantic problems.

It's the broad spectrum of personalities that make it interesting and, like Sierra said, makes at least something worth reading.

To the OP - perhaps the toughest yet best thing to do would be to move on. Carrying memories and feelings of relationships that don't work is a burden that no one really needs. But if you decide to stay, try to forget the past - learn from it, but forget the details.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I don't. That's why I had "maybe" in parentheses.
If I went back and put "maybe" in my criticism of Internet advice would you love me again?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
If I went back and put "maybe" in my criticism of Internet advice would you love me again?
While I disagree with much of what you say on the other (serious) forums, your presence here is generally refreshing.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:42 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Why would you want to stay with someone who is in another relationship that is not even in the same country? Do you not feel you deserve better? Stay out! Find someone better for you.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
As the old country song goes, she "done you wrong."

You should NOT follow her around like a dog; nobody likes a wimpy doormat, and she clearly does not have your best interests at heart since she misled to you and carried on a relationship with another guy. She's a two-timing liar.

Break all contact with her and move on to a new girl. Yes, you'll be sad, and yes, it will hurt. That's one of the most common lessons of life, but you will get over it eventually. She is untrustworthy and treated you badly...so DTMFA.
Thank you for this sir.. Ima hold on to this advice.. ima do my best, she lied to me for one year, who wud beliv if she say she loves me more than that guy right?

Thanks again.. and i dont know what the others around here think of this...

-Godbless

Old 04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Please explain this love relationship with a woman who lives in another country. How long have you known her? How did you meet? How much time have you actually spent in her company? How often to you even see her in person? Why do you love her? Is it because she is hot looking?

And how old are the two of you?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:46 PM

7 posts, read 10,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Please explain this love relationship with a woman who lives in another country. How long have you known her? How did you meet? How much time have you actually spent in her company? How often to you even see her in person? Why do you love her? Is it because she is hot looking?

And how old are the two of you?
Ive known her for 8months before she became my girl, met her in china, I was with her as a bf for 2 months then she went back to malaysia and i went to philippines... 1year and 4months we didnt see each other in person, we only talk by internet messenger... i love her coz she was sooo sweet and she was always there to listen to me and all.. we call each other everyday, hours n hours. (planning after she graduate we gonna see each other and settle down).. i just didnt expect she was hiding something, well, she is really a a good lier or maybe, im just too blind and trusted her alot...

the truth, now i cant even tell which is real and which is fake...

im 27, she is 24...

thanks again

Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
let her go. why owuld you accept someone being disloyal to you? next time find a girl firend closer. long distance or internet relationships arent real realtionships (commuter relationships are a different thing tho). just move on and im sure you will be happy. this isnt the last girl on earth eventho you think she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships