U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-11-2008, 07:41 PM

5,413 posts, read 10,159,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
...and those darned strippers sitting on your lap?
I need to find a bar that has these so-called strippers.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 07:44 PM

12,890 posts, read 11,869,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I need to find a bar that has these so-called strippers.
Don't bother - it's just an urban legend.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Don't bother - it's just an urban legend.
That's what I was afraid of.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:31 PM

27,238 posts, read 25,086,417 times
Quote:
How can you read in a bar w/ all that noise and lack of sufficient lighting?

I have real good eyes. And as for the noise, I can ignore it.

I'm good at ignoring.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have real good eyes. And as for the noise, I can ignore it.

I'm good at ignoring.
The strain cannot be good for the eyes.

Why not just read at a library or coffee shop?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,701,109 times
Default back to topic

Those sort of stripper bars don't appeal to me. Any woman, regardless of looks who will dance on your lap for money isn't worth knowing.

Even when I buy a girl a drink it is only after I have engaged her in conversation. I don't buy a girl a drink just to get her to talk to me. On occasion, women will even buy me a drink.

So, how important are looks? And what features do people find attractive, both physical and otherwise?

What features do you find attractive in those you choose to pursue? This doesn't have to be just physical.

For me, I prefer a woman 25-30 (I am 30) who is intelligent, kind, honest, well grounded and Chrisitan. I don't care so much if she has gone to college though many I have dated have.

I prefer someone with no children but would date someone with one child, so long as the father is not in the picture. I am not going to help raise another man's child who will not respect me and only listen to their father.

Physically, I basically want a woman I can wake up to at 5am without makeup and still find her attractive. I emphasize the face first and seek a woman with all her teeth (some don't have them all). I don't smoke and would not date a smoker or someone who does drugs.

I tend to be more attracted to hispanic and white women and I have dated women from both groups. My longest relationship (2 years) was with a woman whose father is peruvian (incan).
lovely woman inside and out, just not meant to be. She was and is full figured.

Figurewise I would rather she have meat on her bones than not. I don't care if she shops at Lane Bryant so long as she is healthy and well proprtioned. This was certainly the case with my peruvian ex-girlfirend.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
The strain cannot be good for the eyes.

Why not just read at a library or coffee shop?
I like to read period...but I'm waiting for the next time they call me up to sing, and killing time in the meantime. I don't want to get involved in a game and have to interrupt it to go sing...so I read.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I like to read period...but I'm waiting for the next time they call me up to sing, and killing time in the meantime. I don't want to get involved in a game and have to interrupt it to go sing...so I read.
I see. Whatever works!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 AM

Back on the OP, something happened to me yesterday that made me think of something...just took a while to put into words.

It doesn't matter how pretty you are on the outside, if you're ugly on the inside. This isn't about self-perception, either. It's about your character counting for something in the equation.

If you look good...but you let EVERYONE around you know it, and expect them to worship you for it...you're ugly on the inside (just for an example).

Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 AM

9,926 posts, read 8,390,922 times
Quote:
Back on the OP, something happened to me yesterday that made me think of something...just took a while to put into words.

It doesn't matter how pretty you are on the outside, if you're ugly on the inside. This isn't about self-perception, either. It's about your character counting for something in the equation.

If you look good...but you let EVERYONE around you know it, and expect them to worship you for it...you're ugly on the inside (just for an example).

Completely agree.

Not saying that all extremely attractive people are self absorbed and vacuous but I've met more than a few that are. Which is why I've always considered what a person has to say and how they act as much more appealing than how they look. Shine on you crazy diamond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships