Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of driving my friends away with my lamenting about my crappy relationship and I don't much feel like hanging out at the local bar drowning my sorrows so I'm appealing to a cyber audience...if there's anyone here going through similar and would like to communicate,just drop me a line.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I'm tired of driving my friends away with my lamenting about my crappy relationship and I don't much feel like hanging out at the local bar drowning my sorrows so I'm appealing to a cyber audience...if there's anyone here going through similar and would like to communicate,just drop me a line.
If your relationship is crappy either fix it or leave it - this does not have to be any more complicated than you make it

Old 02-12-2012, 03:58 PM

Yeah but most people have people to talk to...I've always been thrown to the wolves.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah but most people have people to talk to...I've always been thrown to the wolves.
So you have no one in your real life to bounce things off of? No best friend, no brother? That's sad

Well, plenty of people here will be glad to commiserate with you, but what you really need is a concrete plan of action for attacking the problem.

Do you want some help with that? Or do you just want to vent?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So you have no one in your real life to bounce things off of? No best friend, no brother? That's sad

Well, plenty of people here will be glad to commiserate with you, but what you really need is a concrete plan of action for attacking the problem.

Do you want some help with that? Or do you just want to vent?
Nope,no one. The pattern of my life has been people coming and going...mostly going.

I know sometimes there's not much else I can do so having people around to relate to does help,it's a psychological fact.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM

[quote=Truth11;22953859]Nope,no one. The pattern of my life has been people coming and going...mostly going.

I know sometimes there's not much else I can do so having people around to relate to does help,it's a psychological fact.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no doubt. No man is an island.

We were made to need one another

Old 02-12-2012, 04:10 PM

[quote=lovesMountains;22953866]
Quote:
Nope,no one. The pattern of my life has been people coming and going...mostly going.

I know sometimes there's not much else I can do so having people around to relate to does help,it's a psychological fact.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no doubt. No man is an island.

We were made to need one another
Because of that absence I've become more reclusive over the years and possibly slightly misanthropic...people have brought me more pain than pleasure so I don't feel I always need many around. Also perhaps it's just my Aries nature of having a few friends around rather than many.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:13 PM

[quote=Truth11;22953911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Because of that absence I've become more reclusive over the years and possibly slightly misanthropic...people have brought me more pain than pleasure so I don't feel I always need many around. Also perhaps it's just my Aries nature of having a few friends around rather than many.
Well, keeping people at arms length is your choice of course, but as you can see now, you're reaping what you have sown

Have you considered sitting down with a therapist? It's not the same as having a true blue friend, but you do get someone who will listen and ask you all the right questions. You seem to really need someone to help you find some direction right now.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 PM

[quote=lovesMountains;22953932]
Quote:
Have you considered sitting down with a therapist? It's not the same as having a true blue friend, but you do get someone who will listen and ask you all the right questions. You seem to really need someone to help you find some direction right now.
I may try searching one out again...my previous experience with a therapist was quite impersonal so I thought I'd just find others to relate to. But since they seem to be quite elusive I may have to pay someone to talk to...story of my life. If I'm going to be this troubled why can't I at least be wealthy...I'm like a crazy celeb without the money

Old 02-13-2012, 08:08 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Actually, the people that have told you they don't want to hear it are doing you a favor. You vent over and over, and that just enables you to keep staying in a crappy relationship. When you finally have got no one left to get the edge off, you have to do something about it. Lovesmountains sadi it well. Take action, make a plan, explore your options. If you don't you will stay stuck in this relationship until the other party finally does something. Talk to a divorce attorney, find out your options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships