Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,615,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
There are more whites in the ghettos because there are more whites in the US. However blacks are only 12% of the overall US population BUT a higher percentage of the total black population in the US lives in urban areas. And of the black people that non-black people see, most of them live in the city AND speak ghetto speak (some because they live in a ghetto, some because they think it cool to speak ghetto speak).

This post is so misinformed, generalizing and idiotic that I shouldn't even comment. But I guess I will anyway.......I take it you have become an expert on black people and can make blanket statements about their lives? What in the hell is ghetto-speak?

Quote:
Also, up until a few decades ago, most urban residential areas were rundown and ghetto-like. Then developers came in and fixed up those cheap blighted areas and turned them into expensive townhouses.
That is also absolute bullcrap. There have always been tidy middle class black (and other) neighborhoods in urban areas, and there always will be. Don't be fooled by your limited experience, nor by your obvious ignorance of the same.

Quote:
Personally, I have lived just outside of the Boston area for most of my life and the majority of black people that I have encountered talk ghetto slang ebonics and say things like "axe" instead of "ask" and they live in the poorer sections of Boston like Roxbury... and they seem very happy where they live and are not interested in moving to other areas.
Well,and I am sure your pristine white neighborhood would be very welcoming of them if they were interested, hmmm??????

Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 PM

19 posts, read 33,464 times
Asians are super cute! Im hispanice but I love asian girls not only because of their beauty but there culture as well they are raised with self respect

Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,001,325 times
Quote:
But... the Jerry Springer doesn't define what we think of all races, his show just features a lot of loser trash people. And there is urban trash and country trailer trash. White country trash is more prevalent on the media than white urban trash. Plus, there are enough other white people in the media and on the public streets that aren't trash people, and that balances out the public's perception of white people.

What see a lot of in my area are white and Asian geeks. I saw a dot Indian wearing hospital scrubs today at lunch.
So your limited exposure projects to the rest of us, especially those of us who have lived and experienced it firsthand?

I see that most of the time you are on the outside looking in to most of what you talk about on this forum. And what you see on TV is pre-determined and purposely aired. There's a lot more going on out there than what you see on the screen.

Get ya mind right, girl.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 AM

37 posts, read 201,499 times
yes,she is attrective

Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,124,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
So your limited exposure projects to the rest of us, especially those of us who have lived and experienced it firsthand?

I see that most of the time you are on the outside looking in to most of what you talk about on this forum. And what you see on TV is pre-determined and purposely aired. There's a lot more going on out there than what you see on the screen.

Get ya mind right, girl.
Actually, TV blacks are much better than what I have ever experienced in person. Shows like Law and Order, Homicide, Without a Trace, the CSI series, Cosby, House, ER all show blacks and other minorities in a very favorable light imo. BTW which TV shows do you object to in terms of how they portray blacks?

As to limited exposure, well that's just your opinion, but I have traveled through much of the US by car. All down the East Coast, lots of business trips to Atlanta. And I've driven through Alabama and Mississipi on my way to Texas. I've been through Tennessee and Arkansas a few times. My family lives in Berkeley, California and I've made it there by car. As to middle class black neighborhoods, I guess I've missed the ones in the Boston area. And my city welcomes anybody of any race that can afford to live here, so middle class blacks would do fine here. So would the Obamas (as I've stated before in other threads). Who wouldn't want neighbors that are happily married, that have successful careers, educated at good universities like Columbia, Yale and Harvard Law School, well spoken and with well behaved children?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,517,090 times
I 've always thought Asian women are attractive. The "one that I still dream about" (I was too young) was a Filipina I met while deployed to Clark Air Base, P.I. We were never more than friends (I dated her friend, also an attractive and fun-to-be-with gal) but she had an unusual build for a Filipina; 5'11"; almost Amazon-like. I always wondered about her heritage. Anyway, she was a really nice friendship along the way...

Old 03-03-2009, 10:50 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,001,325 times
Quote:
Actually, TV blacks are much better than what I have ever experienced in person. Shows like Law and Order, Homicide, Without a Trace, the CSI series, Cosby, House, ER all show blacks and other minorities in a very favorable light imo. BTW which TV shows do you object to in terms of how they portray blacks?

As to limited exposure, well that's just your opinion, but I have traveled through much of the US by car. All down the East Coast, lots of business trips to Atlanta. And I've driven through Alabama and Mississipi on my way to Texas. I've been through Tennessee and Arkansas a few times. My family lives in Berkeley, California and I've made it there by car. As to middle class black neighborhoods, I guess I've missed the ones in the Boston area. And my city welcomes anybody of any race that can afford to live here, so middle class blacks would do fine here. So would the Obamas (as I've stated before in other threads). Who wouldn't want neighbors that are happily married, that have successful careers, educated at good universities like Columbia, Yale and Harvard Law School, well spoken and with well behaved children?
You drove through neighborhoods in cars- so that makes you a guru?

And again, there are a lot of non-black neighborhoods where people aren't married and don't have a college education, so your overall point is invalid.
BTW those factors don't define success.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,909,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I've seen her in person and she is average - not unattractive, just average looking. There are many more "everyday" Asian women who have her beat by miles.
I suppose so. Most of us only see her on TV or mags. where makeup and airbrushing works wonders.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,511,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1 View Post
I am a 28 year old chinese girl. How many of you people thinks asian girls are attractive? I find it more and more white guys are dating asian women.....

26yr old whitey here.

I find them very attractive. Although I find all kinds of women very attractive. But I have always wanted to at least date an asian girl at least once to see hwo it turned out.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,114,132 times
asian girl with a white guy.... I notice its often a balding white guy, definitely an introvert type
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships