Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:47 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I'm tired of coming home to my empty apartment and sitting down to my dinner for one. I'm tired of waking up alone on a Saturday morning and having my lone cup of coffee while I read my paper quietly to myself.

Sure, I have friends and I get out of the house, but it's not the same. I've been single for about two months now (not the longest stretch) and I guess I'm just lonely It wasn't like that before when I've been single. I partied down and flirted, etc., and had a great time. Maybe since I'm older now (33) it's different. I miss the comfort of a relationship and sharing my life. I miss the playfulness and romance.

Okay -- no adivce needed here. I just really needed to get that out and my friends see me as "Mr. Independent" and didn't want to let them see this side of me
you sound like my friend,he was married for a long time she left him and he can't stand being alone.He says he misses all the busy stuff going on in his house with the wife and kids.

I am opposite,I like everything you just said you don't.I was sitting in the living room with nothing on a while ago just vegging into my thoughts,my friend came in and said I was weird and to turn on the tv,stereo or something.

He asked me the other day why I stay in my room most of the time and don't hang on the pourch with him more often.........well I don't like most of the TV shows he watches,I like history or sci-fi channel and he watches all these friggin American Idol shows and stuff.

I also like computer,he don't.Plus I only have so much to say before I don't have anything else to say,at least topics in general.That's why I like CD and other forums,I get to talk about things most other people don't like.

As far as going out,I go out to live band places but those places are 40 miles away.Local all there is little hole in the wall places with people I don't relate to.He doesn't want to go 40 miles away.Plus I usually get a hotel room that far away.

He wonders why I don't drink beer with him at home.I only drink when I go clubbing.I'm not into getting a buzz off beer and watching the common TV shows.I want to be sober and play guitar or shop Ebay or gun auction sites or debate on topics of thought on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 03:34 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I second the dog and a cute one at that. The chickies cant stay away from a cute dog. Plus you'll have companionship all the time. If I could walk my cat, I would!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
If I could walk my cat, I would!
What stops you?! So far I've seen 2 cats being walked on a leash.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:13 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Is the OP a man or woman? I'm confused.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,480,476 times
My last break up I traveled and got away from my general surroundings. It helped alot.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:29 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,480,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I second the dog and a cute one at that. The chickies cant stay away from a cute dog. Plus you'll have companionship all the time. If I could walk my cat, I would!
There's hope yet!! They have kitty harnesses

Old 05-15-2008, 04:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
stop being so needy!!! 2 months is nothing. when you are a 75 YO spinster come back and vent.

enjoy yourself and live it up. play the field and grab a catch, it will happen soon enough. dont fret youngin.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
wow u are needy and baby-like. I've been single for YEARS.
I am hot, intelligent, and tons of fun. But the guys just don't want to take hold of what could be a true blessing (a relationship with me). Oh well, their loss. I am having fun being single, taking care of myself, and having fun (most of the time all alone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I'm tired of coming home to my empty apartment and sitting down to my dinner for one. I'm tired of waking up alone on a Saturday morning and having my lone cup of coffee while I read my paper quietly to myself.

Sure, I have friends and I get out of the house, but it's not the same. I've been single for about two months now (not the longest stretch) and I guess I'm just lonely It wasn't like that before when I've been single. I partied down and flirted, etc., and had a great time. Maybe since I'm older now (33) it's different. I miss the comfort of a relationship and sharing my life. I miss the playfulness and romance.

Okay -- no adivce needed here. I just really needed to get that out and my friends see me as "Mr. Independent" and didn't want to let them see this side of me

Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
My SBC is way to set in his ways. I tried and he just laid there like cooked spaghetti.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:18 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Heh,

Angel and The Dolphin lives next door to me (he knows I'm writing this, so it's not bad mouthing a friend). He's usually not like that at all and he was shocked that I saw his post, but I'm the one who TOLD him about this site..LMAO. He's been a bit of drama lately only cause a few of his friends are moving back to WA and his ex (who messes with his head) is coming for a visit in August. Me and "J" are going to take him out this weekend and cheer him up Plus, he's going to Miami memorial day weekend and that'll really get him out of his funk. The boys in Miami will love him. He's H-O-T!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships