Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,259,026 times

Advertisements

Good for you! Finally a decent man who can admit he wants a meaningful relationship and not just a romp in the sack. There are others out there, but not too many that will openly admit it. I think the idea of a dog is great, if your not a dog person and don't have the time, how bout a cat? They are independed and a pet can really add a lot to your life. I say adopt one and give it chance, many guys who think they aren't cat people end up loving them. Cherish this time, maybe travel or hit the town on your own. Be outgoing and friendly, just take your time and the right person will come along..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,933,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
wow u are needy and baby-like. I've been single for YEARS.
I am hot, intelligent, and tons of fun. But the guys just don't want to take hold of what could be a true blessing (a relationship with me). Oh well, their loss. I am having fun being single, taking care of myself, and having fun (most of the time all alone).
And you are apparently a snippy, bitter queen

I'm hardly ever needy and WTF does baby-like mean? I go through a brief spell of lonliness and you jump all over me? That tells me more about your own insecurity and neediness.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:56 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Heh,

Angel and The Dolphin lives next door to me (he knows I'm writing this, so it's not bad mouthing a friend). He's usually not like that at all and he was shocked that I saw his post, but I'm the one who TOLD him about this site..LMAO. He's been a bit of drama lately only cause a few of his friends are moving back to WA and his ex (who messes with his head) is coming for a visit in August. Me and "J" are going to take him out this weekend and cheer him up Plus, he's going to Miami memorial day weekend and that'll really get him out of his funk. The boys in Miami will love him. He's H-O-T!!!!
HA! I swear I was going to tell Angel not to give up and tell him to read your posts about "J"! Guess I don't have to now.

Hope things with you and "J" are still going strong. Miss reading your adventures.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 AM

Angel, Give the kid a break! He's young and I don't think he meant his post to be "snippy" (is that a word?) I think he was saying in his own way to just get over yourself and move on with life (sound familiar..lol)?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
HA! I swear I was going to tell Angel not to give up and tell him to read your posts about "J"! Guess I don't have to now.

Hope things with you and "J" are still going strong. Miss reading your adventures.
Hey there! I've been "lurking" but not really posting.

Yep -- Angel lives one door down from me in "Melrose Place" and knows all about me and "J". He's the one that coined the "Gerard Butler with Zac Efron" thing His response to my romance of late is "I want one too"

"J" and I are in bliss. Life is life and it's not without uphill climbs, but all in all we are quite happy. He just feels like home to me

Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
Wow you are the only person I am jealous of....you turned a bisexual man(?) gay....tell me your secrets, seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post

"J" and I are in bliss. Life is life and it's not without uphill climbs, but all in all we are quite happy. He just feels like home to me

Old 05-16-2008, 01:42 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,261,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I'm tired of coming home to my empty apartment and sitting down to my dinner for one. I'm tired of waking up alone on a Saturday morning and having my lone cup of coffee while I read my paper quietly to myself.

Sure, I have friends and I get out of the house, but it's not the same. I've been single for about two months now (not the longest stretch) and I guess I'm just lonely It wasn't like that before when I've been single. I partied down and flirted, etc., and had a great time. Maybe since I'm older now (33) it's different. I miss the comfort of a relationship and sharing my life. I miss the playfulness and romance.

Okay -- no adivce needed here. I just really needed to get that out and my friends see me as "Mr. Independent" and didn't want to let them see this side of me
On one hand I see that you aren't asking for advice. On the other a post like this begs for it.

You're 33 man. This is the time in your life that you should enjoy life to the fullest. You've passed 30 3years ago. You know what I would do if I was your age and didn't have ties to anything? I'd go on about 4 crazy vacations a year. Europe (I've always wanted to cross Europe on a bike), Austrailia, Mexico, etc.

You don't want to wake up alone and drink your one cup etc etc etc. OK don't do that. Get up and go to the local coffee shop and talk politics with the local loud mouths. After work don't go right home. Go to the gym or buy a bike and go riding with a group of guys. Or go to a bar where you can BS with the locals.

You don't miss romance dude! You miss getting laid! And after all....getting laid and romance is the same to us, no?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
omg. do not take this guys advice. having ties to somebody shouldn't be torment and torture , it is wonderful if you are with the right person. You should still be able to do stuff alone and have your individuality though...a perfect balance...ya know.

Other than that your 20s are over with. By your 30s you need to start forming real relationships with people. I don't see anything wrong with riding your bike or talking it up at a local bar but in your 30s you should be more serious and matured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
On one hand I see that you aren't asking for advice. On the other a post like this begs for it.

You're 33 man. This is the time in your life that you should enjoy life to the fullest. You've passed 30 3years ago. You know what I would do if I was your age and didn't have ties to anything? I'd go on about 4 crazy vacations a year. Europe (I've always wanted to cross Europe on a bike), Austrailia, Mexico, etc.

You don't want to wake up alone and drink your one cup etc etc etc. OK don't do that. Get up and go to the local coffee shop and talk politics with the local loud mouths. After work don't go right home. Go to the gym or buy a bike and go riding with a group of guys. Or go to a bar where you can BS with the locals.

You don't miss romance dude! You miss getting laid! And after all....getting laid and romance is the same to us, no?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 AM

113 posts, read 309,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I'm tired of coming home to my empty apartment and sitting down to my dinner for one. I'm tired of waking up alone on a Saturday morning and having my lone cup of coffee while I read my paper quietly to myself.

Sure, I have friends and I get out of the house, but it's not the same. I've been single for about two months now (not the longest stretch) and I guess I'm just lonely It wasn't like that before when I've been single. I partied down and flirted, etc., and had a great time. Maybe since I'm older now (33) it's different. I miss the comfort of a relationship and sharing my life. I miss the playfulness and romance.

Okay -- no adivce needed here. I just really needed to get that out and my friends see me as "Mr. Independent" and didn't want to let them see this side of me
. You should be glad to have friends and people to go out with. I hope that i do not seem mean. I do not have any close friends. I have my boyfriend of 7 years and 2 teenage kids.. and that is the way that i like it. When i was 13years old. I had a close friend. I loved her and she took my boyfriend. So i do not how to make friends. I talk to females but will never get close. You will be okay so just enjoy herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships