U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2008, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,593 posts, read 22,685,388 times
Reputation: 6090

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineee View Post
Hello all. I have an online relation with a unknown man since last august and we are both strong envolved in this (he think the same).Long distance keep us apart as well as his job that, according to his account, doesen't give him the possibility to take a vacation. Sometimes i think that maybe for him is just confortable to have someone to talk with and that he does not bothering to much to find a way for meeting eachother.

Excludeing the possibility for me to go there and presumeing that you belive in this kind of relation, how long are you willing to wait for first date
He is lying to you about his job and probably a whole lot else. If you want me to find out about him for you (like I do in the people search forum) we can dig up information to compare what he has told you. Like does he own property, have a criminal record, is he married, does he have children, so forth and so on. Does he cruise the net looking for people to pull into internet relationships like he has done you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2008, 11:58 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,698,613 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
He is lying to you about his job and probably a whole lot else. If you want me to find out about him for you (like I do in the people search forum) we can dig up information to compare what he has told you. Like does he own property, have a criminal record, is he married, does he have children, so forth and so on. Does he cruise the net looking for people to pull into internet relationships like he has done you.
If he is lying (and I'm not saying he's not), would he have the patience to maintain that lie for 9 months? Most liars would want a quick score and then move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 12:47 AM
 
Location: Under the same sky
15 posts, read 36,006 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
If he is lying (and I'm not saying he's not), would he have the patience to maintain that lie for 9 months? Most liars would want a quick score and then move on.
Yes good point.
He can lie abaut his life and/or he can lie abaut his feelings,there are 2 different things .

So if the lies were abaut feelings he wouldn't have the patience to maintain that lie for 9 months. At this point even if he is lying abaut his private life (shoud not affect me momentary) he would do something , at least to meet once. Do i make sense?
Now what comes in to my mind is : am i just an escape for him (as someone suggest me above) or am i a plan for him. both include feelings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Maryland not Murlin
7,513 posts, read 14,666,153 times
Reputation: 4741
I do not intentionally mean to offend the OP, but is this what it has come down to? Meeting people online? Gah, people these days, here is the human element in all of this? Pen pals are one thing, but purposefully seeking out a relationship online seems completely odd to me, and I am not that old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 AM
 
9,924 posts, read 8,926,501 times
Reputation: 7170
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
If he is lying (and I'm not saying he's not), would he have the patience to maintain that lie for 9 months? Most liars would want a quick score and then move on.
I had someone do it to me for 14 months. I still have no idea what he got out of it. But he spoke to me on the net nearly every day in that time, would seek me out to talk. So perhaps he got off on long term, big lies, complicated lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,593 posts, read 22,685,388 times
Reputation: 6090
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
If he is lying (and I'm not saying he's not), would he have the patience to maintain that lie for 9 months? Most liars would want a quick score and then move on.
You would be surprised what some people are willing to do. It depends on what he is hoping to gain in the lie. Sometimes the only thing they WANT is to be able to fool someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 12:26 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,698,613 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I had someone do it to me for 14 months. I still have no idea what he got out of it. But he spoke to me on the net nearly every day in that time, would seek me out to talk. So perhaps he got off on long term, big lies, complicated lies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You would be surprised what some people are willing to do. It depends on what he is hoping to gain in the lie. Sometimes the only thing they WANT is to be able to fool someone.
Those are very patient guys. This dialog is reminding me of that song, "Tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
8,672 posts, read 10,923,336 times
Reputation: 4790
Sounds married to me. My daughter has been emailing and texting a young man that does not live far from her. He can never seem to take a weekend off for a real date. Sounds fishy to this old mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,923,528 times
Reputation: 22812
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Sounds married to me. My daughter has been emailing and texting a young man that does not live far from her. He can never seem to take a weekend off for a real date. Sounds fishy to this old mom.
No kiddin'. I'd say it stinks like a 3-day old fish left in AZ heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,698,613 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No kiddin'. I'd say it stinks like a 3-day old fish left in AZ heat.
We need a vomit icon here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top