Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 13,014 times

Advertisements

okay so one night i randomly met someone that i'm firends with best friend and instantly he fell for me, he thought i was beautiful and coudlnt' wait to talk to me. We started talking and i started liking him as well and he defiently was wayy to into it to early but i was like this could be bad but it's cute maybe i'll be wrong for once, everything was litearlly perfect for a month. We were so cute it was sickening. than he started getting werid so we took a few days break of no contact. and than eveyrthing developed again all on his doing b/c in my mind we were over for good.and we got closer but with a healthy way of talking not so all about eachother, and i met liek everyone in his life. and than a few weeks into it again all of a sudden he got weird again.he says he's unsure about how he feels about me, and his problem is he doen'st knwo what he wants. and i know first thought is to say he wants to be able to hook up with other people but i know it's not that, and plus we never said it was exclusive. But he only says he doesn't know how he feels only when he's in his werid moods which is a few days come every 4 weeks. when he gets in that mood everything black and white and theres no gray. right now we are taking off some time again but he still cares about me b/c i got a message about something he knew was speical. i mean it's not fair for me to wait around for him to decide but i want to know what other people take from the sitatuion. After the first time and i told his friend he even said don't worry ur'll be talking soon this is how he gets. please tell me what you think any input will do. thank ( p.s we're both 24)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,424 times
He does not know what he wants- or there might be someone else and he is torn between the two of you. Or he could be a total nut job.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
He sounds very unstable. Run away as fast as you can. Do not look back.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
He sounds very unstable. Run away as fast as you can. Do not look back.
Yes!! Please stay away from this guy permanently. Just because you feel a strong attraction to him, doesn't mean that he's Mr. Right to you.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by here4answers View Post

But he only says he doesn't know how he feels only when he's in his werid moods which is a few days come every 4 weeks.
Do these periods that come every four weeks happen to coincide with the full moon?
Have you noticed his body becoming more hairy during these periods?
Does his voice change?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:26 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
I am thinking that this guy is just keeping his options open; hanging out with you while at the same time possibly looking for something better.

Then again, you had the instinct that it was over, but yet he talked you back into it.

What ever your feelings are for this guy or his for you, it sounds like this is the type of roller coaster relationship that you can expect from him. Unless he has at least one overwhelmingly redeeming quality, I would go with your initial instinct and end it.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:27 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Do these periods that come every four weeks happen to coincide with the full moon?
Have you noticed his body becoming more hairy during these periods?
Does his voice change?
She said that he is twenty-four. He should have went through puberty a decade ago.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:35 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Ok, not to freak you out or anything but regardless of how you feel and how you think he feels, if he has an established pattern of going off regularly every four weeks then there's something else going on and I'd put money on a girlfriend or wife. He might like you a whole lot but regular patterns of strange behaviour are certainly something you need to get to the bottom of.

Regardless of what it is, you don't like it and I don't blame you so I'd be asking straight questions and wanting straight answers and if I didn't get them I'd be packing up my bat and ball and going home. And don't leave it like I did either because it doesn't feel any better 12 months or more down the track when you realize that he's been lying to you for a long time and you've let him.

So ask the questions and if you don't get good answers you need to move on. Sorry, but that's the best advice I can give you. I really wish you well with it. It sounds really awful.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:08 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,091 times
My brother dated a girl who did something similar. He'd talk about how great things were between them, how compatible they were, yadda yadda yadda. She dumped him once because she was afraid of the commitment and she "didn't know what she wanted"... then they wound up getting back together again... he SWORE she wasn't going to do that again to him, and he told me so... wouldn't ya know it, about two months later, she did it again. History will repeat itself. I agree with the people who say "run away and don't look back". The right guy will want to claim you for his own, unabashedly.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by here4answers View Post
okay so one night i randomly met someone that i'm firends with best friend and instantly he fell for me, he thought i was beautiful and coudlnt' wait to talk to me. We started talking and i started liking him as well and he defiently was wayy to into it to early but i was like this could be bad but it's cute maybe i'll be wrong for once, everything was litearlly perfect for a month. We were so cute it was sickening. than he started getting werid so we took a few days break of no contact. and than eveyrthing developed again all on his doing b/c in my mind we were over for good.and we got closer but with a healthy way of talking not so all about eachother, and i met liek everyone in his life. and than a few weeks into it again all of a sudden he got weird again.he says he's unsure about how he feels about me, and his problem is he doen'st knwo what he wants. and i know first thought is to say he wants to be able to hook up with other people but i know it's not that, and plus we never said it was exclusive. But he only says he doesn't know how he feels only when he's in his werid moods which is a few days come every 4 weeks. when he gets in that mood everything black and white and theres no gray. right now we are taking off some time again but he still cares about me b/c i got a message about something he knew was speical. i mean it's not fair for me to wait around for him to decide but i want to know what other people take from the sitatuion. After the first time and i told his friend he even said don't worry ur'll be talking soon this is how he gets. please tell me what you think any input will do. thank ( p.s we're both 24)
Some serious maturity issues here.

Run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships