U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 PM

1,246 posts, read 2,015,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I'm not arguing this at all. I can't imagine how anybody can even entertain such idea. For the record, I have done quite a few crazy things in my life and Im still unable to begin to fathom it
I hear ya. Same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 12:43 PM

271 posts, read 670,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sorry for being so blunt, but are you totally OUT of your mind...?!

In case you missed what sierra just said...........Are you OUT of YOUR FREAKIN MIND????????????

Old 05-22-2008, 02:29 PM

18 posts, read 25,210 times
Ahahaha. That's hilarious! Yes, I have sorry friends who tell me to go for it and some who tell me that we make a cute couple (he's black and I'm mexican) but no one's looking at OUTSIDE OF THE BOX (future) which I why I turned to a forum and by the looks of it...I have been STUPID ALL ALONG FOR EVEN CONSIDERING THIS MAN.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Date him? Sure.

Take his money? Sure.

Sleep with him? Sure.

Marry him? Hell, no.
ENOUGH SAID.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:48 PM

1,815 posts, read 2,803,310 times
5 children and 4 different Moms. Hell no I wouldn't date him! Not with anything long term in mind anyway.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Seriously, where does he "pencil in" more time with a girlfriend??

You seeem to have a good head on your shoulders and there is a nice man out there looking for someone just like you!! This guy does not sound like he is looking for anything but a "good time".
Thank you. I am 22 years old & future graduate from Univ of Houston-DT (December 08). I graduated at 16 and been in and out of school for a while now but definitely finishing...although I'm book-smart...apparently I'm a dumba$$ when it comes to relationships.

If you'd like to see pics of me:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ka/Leslie2.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...onXchange1.jpg
(I'm the one on the right)
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...tyBar30708.jpg

Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM

2,291 posts, read 3,835,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamerika View Post

Hello everyone.

I'm in a situation where I have been dating a great man who has 5 children (4 different women) AND who is currently going through a divorce. We have been dating for 3 months now and I have met 2 (out of 5) children. They are well-behaved kids and he's definitely showing outstanding parental skills. I, on the other hand, have never been married and have no children nor any parental skills what-so-ever.

I want children so bad and despite that he has 5, he would like more with me, which I absolutely go for...but not sure what his other baby mama's would think or if it's in MY best interest to go for. I'm 22 years old and he's 28. I can see myself with him..no doubt about it.

Just wanted to know other opinions of people who have been in my shoes...not with one or two children but at least more than 3. I want to bring up child support talks or how much interactiong he has with his ex's and what possibly guarantees me and him to be together.

Any advice will be helpful.
Well, personally, I wouldn't be concerned w/ the fact that he has five children. BUT I would take the fact that they have 4 different mothers (4 failed relationships), plus the fact that he's been divorced (how many times???). I mean... I don't know... everyone deserves a chance I guess but this guy sounds like he's not really good at staying committed. Honestly, I would NOT want MY daughter to be with a man who has THAT much baggage... it's not a good track record. Odds are, you are going to end up just like the mothers of his 5 kids. I hope you reconsider.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Quote:
Thank you. I am 22 years old & future graduate from Univ of Houston-DT (December 08). I graduated at 16 and been in and out of school for a while now but definitely finishing...although I'm book-smart...apparently I'm a dumba$$ when it comes to relationships.

Well, you're cute and look very happy. Get out of this if you want to stay this way.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
(And i still believe the opening post might have been a troll.....because it also has the part about the gal having no kids and no parenting sense....just sounds not on the up and up)
Do what now? A "troll"?? I am new to this and don't quite understand. Meaning FAKE? Absolutely not. I am going through this RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE. I turned to a forum because I wanted to know other opinion than 23-25 year olds who know me. I'm 22 years old, no kids, never took care of any kids either.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:06 PM

1,246 posts, read 2,015,451 times
Quote:

Shamerika.... first of all, as a full time student CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming graduation. THAT.... and your future is what you need to worry about and concern yourself with. He'll be just fine, don't worry about him.

Now, you are NOT a dumb***, what you apparently are is a young girl (no offense) with a big heart, for having even considered this. You may have had some friends telling you to go for it, some even saying you make a cute couple and all that, BUT, they are not the one's that would have had to live with the possible mess, drama, and stress of the situation. Pat yourself on the back for having doubts, for questioning your decisions and for seeking the opinion of outsider's who can more often than not see what you yourself can not see. Give yourself another pat on the back for recognizing good advice when you see it and being willing to say.. "hey maybe this isn't such a good idea".

Nothing wrong with being a good hearted person. You just also need to use the common sense that you have and know how not to throw yourself into a fire trying to pull someone else out of theirs. You have to remember, you did not create their situation, you can not fix it for them, only they themselves can do something about changing it.

There is some guy out there that is just the perfect one for you. The one that you will be able to build a life with, create a family with and enjoy love and a home with. Chances are he won't come with 5 suitcases full of baggage from 4 different destinations... Get my drift. Just be patient, focus on studies and your future goal and know the right one will come along in time.

Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships