Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,796,393 times

Advertisements

ya i get your point. I didn't read the OP's post right. I thought they both lived in the same town but he was traveling. I was like ya...get over yourself and give the lady a text message already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Please don't lecture me on human relationships and stop attributing your own thoughts and feelings about something onto me.

I didn't defend him. I am simply telling it to her like it is or as I perceive it to be. She asked what I thought and I told her. He's travelling, he's young, and he's an Aussie bloke, right or wrong most likely he's wanting to get out there in the world and have an adventure or two. There's nothing wrong with that.
She isn't wanting to get into a big thing herself either, I simply pointed out given his demographic that he's probably not reliable and she should cut her loses. She didn't have any problem with what I told her, I'm simply stating things as they are.

Oh and for the record I'm not having a go at you, I understand that these things can be upsetting when you're in them. It's unfortunate that many men, particularly young men have trouble articulating what it is they want and they're not always truthful with girls about what they want. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it just is. What she needed to know was should she continue making the effort and personally I think not.

(Oh and before any of the fellas come in and have a go about this last passage regarding men I do realize that this also applies to some women. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,860,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
ya i get your point. I didn't read the OP's post right. I thought they both lived in the same town but he was traveling. I was like ya...get over yourself and give the lady a text message already.
No worries.

I had a little giggle thinking about him going into brain freeze. He's met her, obviously liked her enough for all the snuggling and then probably remembered he's supposed to be taking on the world and this doesn't fit the plan. Being a young Aussie bloke probably has no clue about how to be straight up now so he's going into denial/ignore mode. Think this is one of those things you learn along the way, well hopefully he's not a total arse and he'll learn something from it.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 PM

He should just give her a text message and say something like "how are you? had a good time with you. you are a nice person. I'm traveling now. have a good life". or even better "call me up if you wanna chat sometime in the future. peace"

I on the other hand am real demanding and abrasive if the guy doesn't return my text. I'm all like where the heck have you been, I sent you a text, what is wrong with you? don't you know anything? can't you return a text? are you that selfish? If I do it that way then I feel less rejected. Like I am in control. Make sense? ROTFL

Quote:
No worries.

I had a little giggle thinking about him going into brain freeze. He's met her, obviously liked her enough for all the snuggling and then probably remembered he's supposed to be taking on the world and this doesn't fit the plan. Being a young Aussie bloke probably has no clue about how to be straight up now so he's going into denial/ignore mode. Think this is one of those things you learn along the way, well hopefully he's not a total arse and he'll learn something from it.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,771,884 times
I'm not sure what "snuggling" and "cuddling" really mean.

If it just means affectionate closeness without actual sex, then that's the problem.

Sharing feet only comes after there has been sexual intimacy and is usually reserved for married couples.

This is not only true for Americans and Australians, but also applies to New Zealanders, and the majority of Tasmanians.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
He should just give her a text message and say something like "how are you? had a good time with you. you are a nice person. I'm traveling now. have a good life". or even better "call me up if you wanna chat sometime in the future. peace"

I on the other hand am real demanding and abrasive if the guy doesn't return my text. I'm all like where the heck have you been, I sent you a text, what is wrong with you? don't you know anything? can't you return a text? are you that selfish? ROTFL
Yeah, but I'm thinking he's still green around the gills and hasn't learned the basics of human interaction yet. I mean what you're suggesting really isn't difficult but he probably hasn't learned that yet. Perhaps though this situation will give him reason to think and maybe learn for the future?

hehe!! To quote Dr Phil, "How's that working for ya?"
If someone doesn't call me or answer a simple text I usually just let it go. If they're not into me or they don't get it, that's their problem, I can't appeal to everyone. I still sleep ok at night.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,912,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
This is not only true for Americans and Australians, but also applies to New Zealanders, and the majority of Tasmanians.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:

If it just means affectionate closeness without actual sex, then that's the problem.

Sharing feet only comes after there has been sexual intimacy and is usually reserved for married couples.

Oi! Only mainland Aussies get to pick on Taswegians!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:26 PM

Like I said! I feel better about being in control. It is melo-drama for the sake of melo-drama. I don't expect a text.

Quote:
hehe!! To quote Dr Phil, "How's that working for ya?"
If someone doesn't call me or answer a simple text I usually just let it go. If they're not into me or they don't get it, that's their problem, I can't appeal to everyone. I still sleep ok at night.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Sharing feet? I've never been into feet.

Quote:

Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Like I said! I feel better about being in control. It is melo-drama for the sake of melo-drama. I don't expect a text.

Oh I gave up trying to be in control a long time ago!! I full accept that I am a mushroom now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships