U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:05 AM

3 posts, read 10,487 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Is there any1 out there that can give me a little more knowledge on men....?

[I moved into a new flat on Saturday and there was chemistry instantly with a new comer from Australia who is quite young and doesn’t really understand the ways of London travellers.

We chatted and he implied interest in me however I was going out and have recently split from my marriage (which he doesn't know about) so nothing happened.

When I got home in the early hours of the morning, he got up to let me in and as I was kicked out of my own bed he offered his. We snuggled. On Monday I was watching TV and he came and snuggled again.

Last night when he got home he gave me a cuddle and went to bed and I text him to ask if he had warm feet and wanted to share them as I was freezing, he never came in and I haven’t heard or seen him today.

What on earth is going on?? I know he is not seeing anyone else and I have only reflected his interest so far.... is he just to complex??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 AM

9,912 posts, read 12,472,984 times
A young Aussie bloke you say???

And a traveller????

Nothing complex about him girl, he's probably a nice enough bloke, and I'm sure he likes you but if he's travelling and he's an Aussie guy he'll be harder to pin down than nailing jelly to the wall.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:46 AM

Thing is, having been in a serious relationship for 5 or so years, i dont want to pin him down.... i'm quite happy to keep things simple. What i dont understand is his impromptous advances one minute and then failed to show on invite??

Old 05-22-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewits View Post
Thing is, having been in a serious relationship for 5 or so years, i dont want to pin him down.... i'm quite happy to keep things simple. What i dont understand is his impromptous advances one minute and then failed to show on invite??
Well, I've spent quite a bit of time around Aussie men, being Australian and I've seen them when they're travelling too and they are incredibly good at being like yo-yos. So he's probably off in his cave, thinking that he didn't score so well with you and if he comes back again that it's going to have to be more than a one nighter and he's either considering whether he wants that or if he should run a mile.

I don't know what to tell you, like I don't know the guy and I completely understand what you're saying, but Aussie guys, particularly those that are travelling well it's all about get out there and amongst it. Experiencing as much as possible. I believe the motto is "here for a good time, not a long time" so I'd say that he pretty much wants to come and go as he pleases and you texting him has probably freaked him out.

Not to rain on your parade or anything but I'd cut my losses now.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:00 AM

Oh so true!!
Thanks so much!!

You know, I'm aussie too, but i just couldn't see my way through this one and i really appreciate your honest, upfront approach!!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Oh so true!!
Thanks so much!!

You know, I'm aussie too, but i just couldn't see my way through this one and i really appreciate your honest, upfront approach!!

Well I hate being blunt, but I'd also hate to see you get hurt and maybe I've completely misread his actions but it's not likely really. It's hard when you're in it to see anyway.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:15 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,422,736 times
plain and simple a lot of guys are selfish weirdos that operate only on their own schedule. Not your schedule. Their own. Good luck!

Quote:
Hi,

Is there any1 out there that can give me a little more knowledge on men....?

[I moved into a new flat on Saturday and there was chemistry instantly with a new comer from Australia who is quite young and doesn’t really understand the ways of London travellers.

We chatted and he implied interest in me however I was going out and have recently split from my marriage (which he doesn't know about) so nothing happened.

When I got home in the early hours of the morning, he got up to let me in and as I was kicked out of my own bed he offered his. We snuggled. On Monday I was watching TV and he came and snuggled again.

Last night when he got home he gave me a cuddle and went to bed and I text him to ask if he had warm feet and wanted to share them as I was freezing, he never came in and I haven’t heard or seen him today.

What on earth is going on?? I know he is not seeing anyone else and I have only reflected his interest so far.... is he just to complex??

Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,693,075 times
Yes, it's very selfish and weird to have your own life. Especially when you're traveling. The freak.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:37 PM

He lead her on. He should have made it clear that it would be a cuddle fling and I do mean crystal clear. People like you make other people's lives confusing and miserable. You guys take no accountability for other people's feelings and emotions. You can't come into people's lives, be intimate, be super friendly, and then vanish...that is weird and it is selfish.

A polite person would have said "I'm a traveler. I'm not forming a relationship now. But I'm just into flings or very short term friendships. I'll be leaving in a week or so to continue with my traveling. You probably will never see me again". Then she wouldn't be stressing out and feeling anxious and annoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Yes, it's very selfish and weird to have your own life. Especially when you're traveling. The freak.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM

lol. Freaked him out. I can't believe you people are defending him! Good it should freak him out. He is selfish. He should not have lead her on. She just got out of a divorce. He flat out used her (emotionally). What some men and women don't understand is that people arn't objects to be used and then discarded. Some of you on CD can't understand that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I believe the motto is "here for a good time, not a long time" so I'd say that he pretty much wants to come and go as he pleases and you texting him has probably freaked him out.

Not to rain on your parade or anything but I'd cut my losses now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships