U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:14 PM

17 posts, read 55,013 times

Advertisements

Is it the way she looks? The way she acts? The little things like her laugh or smile?

What draws you in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 PM

16,225 posts, read 22,608,704 times
Probably her rear, or the front...if I was answering for a guy. BHA HA HA!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:45 PM

166 posts, read 633,156 times
Well, if we are talking about a complete stranger in a bar/club or something like that, then obvioulsy looks play a very important part in whether or not I will be interested in approaching her and wanting to get to know her more. However if we are talking about someone I already kind of know like a co-worker or friend of a friend, then it's more about things like mutual interests, sense of humour, personality, any little quirks she has that I find cute, etc. Also, if a girl is always making eye contact with me, smiling, and making excuses to come and talk to me, then I will be much more likely to want to remember her and want to get to know her more... as opposed to the girls that are all shy, never make eye contact, never say hello, etc.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,431,208 times
if she has multiple personalities.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 PM

42,837 posts, read 79,080,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
if she has multiple personalities.
He-he, artsy, perhaps I can take you out of gay-ism after all...

Old 05-23-2008, 11:37 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,431,208 times
First you gotta take me out of my hermit phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He-he, artsy, perhaps I can take you out of gay-ism after all...

Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 PM

42,837 posts, read 79,080,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
First you gotta take me out of my hermit phase.
Let's go to the hermit forum then!

Old 05-24-2008, 04:44 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,013,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh390 View Post
Is it the way she looks? The way she acts? The little things like her laugh or smile?

What draws you in?
Did you pull these lyrics right out of the seventies?

I would say looks first. Then it's like an escalator, with the importance of personality slowly going up, and the importance of looks slowly going down. If her personality stops halfways up, then looks become the only reason to continue seeing her, and that will not last forever. If her looks are terrible to begin with, it's hard to be 'drawn in' to get to know her, especially if she doesn't take care of the package she is working with. Always gussy up the package, salespeople know that presentation and packaging is everything!

Old 05-24-2008, 05:00 AM

27,236 posts, read 41,396,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh390 View Post

What draws you in?
What she has to say, how she carries herself, how she dresses...if she respects herself, I'll be more likely to be interested. Of course, if she's interested in me, so much the better! Nothing quite makes me want to spend time with someone as the fact that SHE enjoys MY company...

Old 05-24-2008, 06:37 AM

681 posts, read 2,575,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Did you pull these lyrics right out of the seventies?

I would say looks first. Then it's like an escalator, with the importance of personality slowly going up, and the importance of looks slowly going down. If her personality stops halfways up, then looks become the only reason to continue seeing her, and that will not last forever. If her looks are terrible to begin with, it's hard to be 'drawn in' to get to know her, especially if she doesn't take care of the package she is working with. Always gussy up the package, salespeople know that presentation and packaging is everything!
Chi, "gussying up the package" only goes so far. If a woman can look great to a man without having to be especially gussied up, then she's even better off. I've always found it hilarious how women will go so far to make themselves "look good" (sheez, my wife and I went to DQ a couple of days ago and the girl behinid the counter couldn't have been too old... she was wearing braces... but she had so much makeup on that she looked like a bug-eyed alien)...... you see, men, there is no woman who is immune from things such as the almighty BEDHEAD. You have to find a woman who looks beautiful naturally, because you don't want to be turning into one of those jerk dudes who insists that his lady put on makeup (because deep down he doesn't like how she looks without it).

If you're like me and you did a lot of your woman-seeking online, then it is possible that looks wouldn't play as much of a role. After all, not everyone has a picture posted. So, if that's the game you're playing, it's all about the sales presentation! I was drawn to detailed descriptions which showed intelligence, mastery of the English language, and compatibility with what I sought in a mate. Your "sales presentation", whether it's about your personality or your physical appearance, should always be about "THIS is who/what I am, and I love it!". If you don't love it, and you're 18 or older, you won't attract a good guy. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships