Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Have some imagination. My wife and I agree on next to nothing politically, but politics should be about 1% of who you are. And we pretty much have been scorching the sheets for 22 years now.
Wait, cpg, one of the two of you likes Sarah Palin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wait, cpg, one of the two of you likes Sarah Palin?
I said we had opposite political views. I didn't say one of us was insane.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about abs and not Old Rasputin?
That would be a 4-pack. (Damn good beer though.)

Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
what about those that will only date someone of their same political party?
Those are the biggest idiots of all. Because they're willing to overlook roughly 50% of all available men or women simply because a person believes in either Keynesian or Austrian economics. And then they'll be back on this forum in a few months wondering why they can't find anyone, chiefly because they've cut the available pool of people in half. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Those are the biggest idiots of all. Because they're willing to overlook roughly 50% of all available men or women simply because a person believes in either Keynesian or Austrian economics. And then they'll be back on this forum in a few months wondering why they can't find anyone, chiefly because they've cut the available pool of people in half. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
i agree, although they'll argue that the whole point is to weed out people they are not compatible with and it just makes it easier for them to rule out a bunch of people. Although many of them have been single for a while

Old 08-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i agree, although they'll argue that the whole point is to weed out people they are not compatible with and it just makes it easier for them to rule out a bunch of people. Although many of them have been single for a while
Come to think of it, I weeded out someone because of her political beliefs. Not because she had them, but because she wouldn't stop talking about them. Jesus on a minibike, she would never shut up. And, most of the time, she was just parroting whatever the heck she read from her very short list of ideologically compatible magazines and newspapers. Worst case of confirmation bias I ever saw.

Every time we watched a television show, or a movie, or whatever else you cared to name, it was as if that was her chance to score yet another political point, she was the kind of person who thought that plastering her car with bumper stickers made her reflective and politically engaged. Holy crap she was tedious.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
1. Lacks character and integrity.
2. Is religious.
3. Cheats and/or lies. I suppose that is the same as #1...
4. Lacks a sense of humor.
5. Is irresponsible and immature.

I only have 5 I guess.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:

I don't know. It can be about the philophy behind the economics. If a person is buying the current republican hate slinging fear mongering about the evil poor people and their moral inferiority, you betcha I am not going to date him! Of course, I am married. So dating is out for me anyway. But just saying hypothetically. If someone were to have failed to notice that trickledown has never done anything for anyone, that the stuff does not trickle down at all, then they might not be too into critical thinking, and I don't dig that either.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't know. It can be about the philophy behind the economics. If a person is buying the current republican hate slinging fear mongering about the evil poor people and their moral inferiority, you betcha I am not going to date him! Of course, I am married. So dating is out for me anyway. But just saying hypothetically. If someone were to have failed to notice that trickledown has never done anything for anyone, that the stuff does not trickle down at all, then they might not be too into critical thinking, and I don't dig that either.
Well, I'm not going to get into a political argument here, but there are plenty of knocks against either pure economic belief. And the shrill mudslinging is on both sides of the aisle. To believe otherwise is to either not be paying attention or indulging in moral vanity. After all, didn't the Obama camp just run ads that accused Romney of causing cancer? Didn't Biden claim that a vote for Romney means we're all going to be put in chains? I mean, what knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing credulous idiot believes this stuff? To me, if someone swallowed either party line completely, I would consider them to be too stupid to reproduce. I wouldn't want to sully my genes with theirs.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not going to get into a political argument here, but there are plenty of knocks against either pure economic belief. And the shrill mudslinging is on both sides of the aisle. To believe otherwise is to either not be paying attention or indulging in moral vanity. After all, didn't the Obama camp just run ads that accused Romney of causing cancer? Didn't Biden claim that a vote for Romney means we're all going to be put in chains? I mean, what knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing credulous idiot believes this stuff? To me, if someone swallowed either party line completely, I would consider them to be too stupid to reproduce. I wouldn't want to sully my genes with theirs.
I cringe whenever I see someone's political views on Facebook listed as either "Democratic Party" or "Republican Party." At least use the dominating ideology running each party right now (liberal or conservative).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships