U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 04:06 PM

151 posts, read 51,574 times

Advertisements

I’m back.i posted about not knowing what this guy I’m seeing is looking for.our 2nd date he told me somethings that came up as possible red flags.1 that he was a very sexual person.i didn’t understand what he meant by that he said something about how he has to be sexually attracted to the person he is dating and how he is very affectionate.then he said he likes to just chill at home sometimes and I told him I’m not into going to a dudes house so soon.he wanted me to go over to his place as a 2nd date and when I suggested we go for dinner he said I was changing the plans & got upset when I never actually said I was going to his place for the 2nd date.

We went out for dinner and had a good time but that’s also when he mentioned that he was a sexual person.now date 3 I asked him what he wanted to do he said he wanted to watch movies at his place.i told him I wasn’t a fan of going over so soon into dating.he got upset and stated how that was the plan just because he asked me if I liked to cuddle and I responded with yes then told him maybe one time we can.i didn’t think that meant our next date would be me going over and just cuddling.

He ended up telling me that I’m making things complicated and I’m being difficult.that I’m giving off red flags.then later still asked if I wanted to meet up.emotionally it was a complete rollercoaster to be told that someone no longer wants to see you that you’re a red flag and then ending it by asking if I still want to hangout.

I know I give mixed signals by saying I’d be down to cuddle sometime but I was just flirting.him getting upset because I don’t want to go to his place and watch movies throws me off.on the other hand I enjoy his company in person we don’t have these types of miscommunications when we are in front of one another.is he just looking to hook up?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 04:08 PM

I’ll add that I asked him what he was looking for that if it was just to hook up then we can skip the dates if that’s what he wants (just to see what he would say) he said he wasn’t looking for a hook up.to me I’m not sure why else someone would want a person to “come over and watch a movie” so soon into saying.we live in a huge city with so much to do

Old 07-20-2022, 04:14 PM

1,729 posts, read 746,995 times
Is he in a good financial place?
Maybe he doesn't want to spend money?

Why don't you come up with something to do, ask him to come with you and pay for the date yourself?

He doesn't have to be the only one to come up with dating ideas.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:18 PM

1,465 posts, read 497,635 times
I agree, WAY too soon.

Drop him.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:18 PM

He works more than one job and do me that means he isn’t in a financial place.he suggested a walk our first date and the 2nd wanted me to go to his place but I suggested to grab food because I didn’t want to go over so soon

Old 07-20-2022, 04:20 PM

1,729 posts, read 746,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
He works more than one job and do me that means he isn’t in a financial place.he suggested a walk our first date and the 2nd wanted me to go to his place but I suggested to grab food because I didn’t want to go over so soon
Then choose something you'd like to do and ask him out and pay for the outing yourself.

See what he says.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Then choose something you'd like to do and ask him out and pay for the outing yourself.

See what he says.
Paying for a date is something I have no problem with and have done in the past.what was weird was how he reacted when I said I didn’t want to go over.he got upset and we started arguing and then he said it wouldn’t work out(later changed his mind)when he got upset I didn’t understand why.i haven’t had someone feel that way when I turned down hanging at their place.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:29 PM

1,465 posts, read 497,635 times
Quote:
Paying for a date is something I have no problem with and have done in the past.what was weird was how he reacted when I said I didn’t want to go over.he got upset and we started arguing and then he said it wouldn’t work out(later changed his mind)when he got upset I didn’t understand why.i haven’t had someone feel that way when I turned down hanging at their place.
Ummm... because he wanted to bed you???

I hope you know - deep down - that he had zero intention of 'watching movies' with you if you went over. Oldest 'ruse' in the book.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:34 PM

That’s what I figured.which made me wonder if that’s what he mainly wants.as I’m not looking for something serious.i know people do that on the first date..but not sure if that’s what he’s looking for

Old 07-20-2022, 04:34 PM

11,204 posts, read 10,772,175 times
Quote:
Arguing? On a second date?

There’s nothing to discuss here. Block him and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships