U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2009, 10:41 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,391,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
White guys like to date black girls who are stereotypical,

Sassy
Talks with her head moving side to side
Tight clothing
And somewhat Ghetto
I'm sorry---I'm black and happily married, and I don't buy that...I may just be whistling in the dark, but I can't think of any men, black OR white, who would willingly date someone like that...all 4 of those traits get on my last d**n nerve, because (to me anyway) that's 'drama-queen' material, and I don't have the time, patience, or temperament to deal with that...

Some clueless idiot somewhere made up his/her mind that those traits are part of what makes up a 'strong black woman'---what utter bulldirkey! My wife is the epitome of a 'strong black woman', as were her mother, MY mother, my sister---you get my drift...they showed their strength not by being 'Laquisha Ghettofabulous', but by their words and deeds...no sass, no sistagirl bionic neckroll, no tight clothing and definitely NOT ghetto...so let's lay that tired, silly stereotype to rest, shall we?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,862,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I'm sorry---I'm black and happily married, and I don't buy that...I may just be whistling in the dark, but I can't think of any men, black OR white, who would willingly date someone like that...all 4 of those traits get on my last d**n nerve, because (to me anyway) that's 'drama-queen' material, and I don't have the time, patience, or temperament to deal with that...

Some clueless idiot somewhere made up his/her mind that those traits are part of what makes up a 'strong black woman'---what utter bulldirkey! My wife is the epitome of a 'strong black woman', as were her mother, MY mother, my sister---you get my drift...they showed their strength not by being 'Laquisha Ghettofabulous', but by their words and deeds...no sass, no sistagirl bionic neckroll, no tight clothing and definitely NOT ghetto...so let's lay that tired, silly stereotype to rest, shall we?
Damn Fish..... Didn't we just go through all this 2 days ago. Man I am just gonna work the mess outta that ignore feature. There are some seriously twisted folks, that comment on these race threads.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 18,899,217 times
Quote:

Sassy
Tight clothing
And somewhat Ghetto
This had me LMAO!! While I dont think your post is true, that "talks with her head moving side to side" was some funny a$$ $hit!!

Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,391,837 times
Talking Yo Bone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Damn Fish..... Didn't we just go through all this 2 days ago. Man I am just gonna work the mess outta that ignore feature. There are some seriously twisted folks, that comment on these race threads.
LOL...looks like that old saying is true---'a cowboy's work is never done'...I mean, if I can convince even ONE person how trite and stupid some of that stuff is, then I feel vindicated

Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
FBJ

35,115 posts, read 24,335,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
This had me LMAO!! While I dont think your post is true, that "talks with her head moving side to side" was some funny a$$ $hit!!

Yeah some black woman have no idea how strange they look when they are talking like that.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:04 PM

3,657 posts, read 4,644,060 times
Is this the same poster that claimed he never saw bw/wm couples in LA or DC??

Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
miu

13,033 posts, read 22,430,472 times
Quote:

Sassy
Tight clothing
And somewhat Ghetto
You've just described one of my managers perfectly! You left out having a child with an absentee father. She's got one of them also.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:38 PM

14,702 posts, read 9,986,355 times
I personally think that it is very sad when people make a conscious decision to overtly stereotype women based on their racial backgrounds.

While there will always be an example to point to which will fit the "stereotyped" characteristics, there are many more who do not.

As a Black woman, I personally know that the stereotypes that are assigned to Black women do not personally fit me but it is a huge hurdle when encountering people who operate out of ignorance.

The problem with stereotyping people is that if you buy into them (regardless of what group of people) you miss out on the opportunity to genuinely get to know other types of people. Additionally, the people who use stereotypes to feel a sense of "superiorty" are actually fooling themselves.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 PM

12,157 posts, read 10,776,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
In recent television I see this being done by a lot of young Latina women lol I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone do it in real life.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
FBJ

35,115 posts, read 24,335,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
In recent television I see this being done by a lot of young Latina women lol I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone do it in real life.

Latina women on what type of show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.