Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:49 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Now he thinks he is Oprah.
I was thinking more like Dear Abby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 02:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
All the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
I was thinking more like Dear Abby

Old 05-28-2008, 02:55 PM

Might I remind everyone that it is the quality of the relationship that counts. Obviously this person has trouble with "quality control"

Old 05-28-2008, 05:01 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
no AG, sex without committment is just fun.

casual sex is not using someone for sex. it is a mutaul agreement two strangers (sometimes friends) come into for a lil bit of time in order to find enjoyment. it goes both ways.

it would be using someone if one of the individuals wanted a relationship, some thing more formal, while the other pretended to want something formal but just came along for the ride (no pun intended) and left. thats using someone. but if both people are in agreement then it is an exchange of services.

as for the hyper sexed manipulative world.

that might be more prevalent in the fake boystown area/weho. its similar to the sunset strip area where you find women more interested in the car you drive than what makes you laugh. that aspect of life does exist, but to generalize that to a larger group of individuals is ignorant.

i have many fruity friends and most of them are not out manipulating other men. most of them are in committed relationships and are very open about how they feel about eachother. they maintain an honesty that others might shy away from.

the rest of my friends of the gay persuasion are out to meet a quality individual, but they understand that they gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find their prince. and frog does not nec mean awful guys, it just means guys that they dont click with. there is no chemistry, so if it does not work out they move on to the next frog.

some of my friends are out just for sex tho, but they make that very clear from the begining. if they pull a guy at the club or the bar, and go home with them, they will make it clear its just for the night. how do i know? because i talk to my friends about thier lives. and more importantly i talk to them about honesty and respect.

when you are honest with yourself you can be more honest with others. my friends like to put it out on the table so as to avoid any type of misunderstanding. to avoid having someone be jaded or feel used.

of course my friends are a bit more mature, but it does not suprise me that some young minded gays can be catty and mean. that is not the rule tho.

most of my gay guy friends are looking for the same thing other guys are looking for.

a chef in the kitchen
a gentleman in the streets
and a ho in the sheets.

in the mean time they have fun.

most are more relationship minded, but all like to have fun.

and while there is a lot of competition in gay world, that does not equal dog eat dog environment.

at least not for them.

but this is the case for my friends who are

in LA
mostly black and brown men
educated
24-44
mature
stable

if they were superficial maybe they wouldnt care about respect or honesty...

Old 05-28-2008, 05:27 PM

Fantastic post. I agree with everything you said.
I must be living in another dimension because I have never found anything or anybody as you have described. Sounds like a paradise to me the way you put it. Although I was talking about white men not black men.
I'm trying to find OLDER gay men to date but it is virtually impossible in this town. I can't wait to leeeeeave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
no AG, sex without committment is just fun.

casual sex is not using someone for sex. it is a mutaul agreement two strangers (sometimes friends) come into for a lil bit of time in order to find enjoyment. it goes both ways.

it would be using someone if one of the individuals wanted a relationship, some thing more formal, while the other pretended to want something formal but just came along for the ride (no pun intended) and left. thats using someone. but if both people are in agreement then it is an exchange of services.

as for the hyper sexed manipulative world.

that might be more prevalent in the fake boystown area/weho. its similar to the sunset strip area where you find women more interested in the car you drive than what makes you laugh. that aspect of life does exist, but to generalize that to a larger group of individuals is ignorant.

i have many fruity friends and most of them are not out manipulating other men. most of them are in committed relationships and are very open about how they feel about eachother. they maintain an honesty that others might shy away from.

the rest of my friends of the gay persuasion are out to meet a quality individual, but they understand that they gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find their prince. and frog does not nec mean awful guys, it just means guys that they dont click with. there is no chemistry, so if it does not work out they move on to the next frog.

some of my friends are out just for sex tho, but they make that very clear from the begining. if they pull a guy at the club or the bar, and go home with them, they will make it clear its just for the night. how do i know? because i talk to my friends about thier lives. and more importantly i talk to them about honesty and respect.

when you are honest with yourself you can be more honest with others. my friends like to put it out on the table so as to avoid any type of misunderstanding. to avoid having someone be jaded or feel used.

of course my friends are a bit more mature, but it does not suprise me that some young minded gays can be catty and mean. that is not the rule tho.

most of my gay guy friends are looking for the same thing other guys are looking for.

a chef in the kitchen
a gentleman in the streets
and a ho in the sheets.

in the mean time they have fun.

most are more relationship minded, but all like to have fun.

and while there is a lot of competition in gay world, that does not equal dog eat dog environment.

at least not for them.

but this is the case for my friends who are

in LA
mostly black and brown men
educated
24-44
mature
stable

if they were superficial maybe they wouldnt care about respect or honesty...

Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Fantastic post. I agree with everything you said.
I must be living in another dimension because I have never found anything or anybody as you have described. Sounds like a paradise to me the way you put it. Although I was talking about white men not black men.
I'm trying to find OLDER gay men to date but it is virtually impossible in this town. I can't wait to leeeeeave.
Where do you live?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Might I remind everyone that it is the quality of the relationship that counts. Obviously this person has trouble with "quality control"
I'm sorry. But don't you dare judge me! You do not know me, and I’m quite sick of your b/s over gays being sex addicts, and lacking the ability to form functional, loving relationships.

I really thank those of you that have offered genuine compassion and help

Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
while my group of friends are pretty good catches, not everyone in LA is like that. apparently the gay scene is smaller and smaller, even as more and more people come out at a younger age.

you have all types of personalities, but i do beleive that the more humble and hard working folks will treat you better in the long run. regardless of age. but dont fret young man. you have a lot of life to live. enjoy it. and where do you live?

Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
while my group of friends are pretty good catches, not everyone in LA is like that. apparently the gay scene is smaller and smaller, even as more and more people come out at a younger age.

you have all types of personalities, but i do beleive that the more humble and hard working folks will treat you better in the long run. regardless of age. but dont fret young man. you have a lot of life to live. enjoy it. and where do you live?
I'm currently here in Huntington, WV. A college town of about 50,000 (metro area of about 300,000. So not much to choose from in gay world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships