Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,894 times

Advertisements

I'm so glad my husband isn't a pig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:54 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Hell, after having 4 boys, I believe my hair would be stringy too...probably even pulled out!!
God...I hope my husband don`t introduce me later in life as the "fat cow who let herself go!"

Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
There was an old theory I recall. Before marrying a girl, take a good look at her mother and that is what you can expect to find later in your marriage. Looking at my grandaughter who follows her mother and grandmother who all look alike. Steve
So when the guys tell me they are attracted to me for my mind, my soul, my generosity, my quick wit, my compassion - I'll defer to this quote above. As long as the looks pass, I'm in like Flynn.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Oh... c'mon.. y'all being tame. You know you HATE him for saying that about someone... *runs to get popcorn and sits next to Jerz*

Old 05-29-2008, 12:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
The most beautiful girl in my class and my best friend turned out this way. It's sooo sad... She has a wonderful marriage, but they had hard time having kids. After numerous treatments and various medications, she finally ended up having triplets, all boys. Gained enormous amount of weight because of this. The kids have medical problems and being all boys of the same age just drove her over the top. She's unrecognizable as far as looks go..., but chose a good husband who stands by her every step of the way.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
My wife was not a FOX. I am glad that I never married one as I would always worried about other guys trying to get to her, married or not. My wife was an average looking women who had to have a lot of courage and personality to stay married to me. After five kids, she still had her figure and was concerned with her overall appearance. I insisted she put her makeup on before ever leaving the house and she generally asked my opinion if she looked alright. I wanted her to appear in public wherever it may be a neat and attractive female that would make some man turn his head and say to himself, "Damn, she sure has one lucky husband". Hope she is looking down on me from above as I write this. I truely miss her. Steve

Old 05-29-2008, 01:48 PM

287 posts, read 897,226 times
So how does "making it" with someone at one point in your life have anything to do with how they look when they got older?? Considering a fling is a fling, right? I don't look back on someone and go, gosh, they were hot then and I had sex with them and now they don't look so hot oh gross?

And maybe the the fact that she let herself go was a sign to just how bad the marriage to your buddy was/is? Depression was probably at play

Old 05-29-2008, 03:32 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,871,502 times
Default Looks Fade

None of us are going to look as good at 70 as we could have at 25. I believe as time marches on, looks become less important and things such as charisma and personality and communication skills take over. Looks are great don't get me wrong but it is what is on the inside that keeps us together.

I had my 10 year high school reunion a few years ago and some of the girls do not have the same bodies they had at 18 and this is true for many of the guys as well. I am sure the differences between 18 and 33 will be even more pronounced in a few years.

My heart melts when I see the 85 year old couple at the mall, practically making out on the escalator. You know their parts aren't what they were when they were 25 but yet they still love one another (though I am sure some still have sex drive, drug induced or not). That is the kind of love I am looking for, one that goes beyond looks. The whole Jerry McGuire "you complete me" kind of love.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:14 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Yeah, it must be horrible to raise 4 children and start a family with someone you fell in love with.
I agree. The OP must really think that after women give birth, are married for a long time and raise a family that everything is still tight, in the same place and that you have all the time in the world to maintain your model good looks. Reality check, not all women can. I on the other hand have gotten better with age LOL

Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckown View Post
It's sad when people just let themselves go. Things happen I guess....
Giving birth to and raising FOUR children didn't help matters. It's not as if she sat around all day eating bon bons after they got married. I don't think that men have any idea of all the time and effort it takes to look like a model chick 24/7. Once they had the four kids, she didn't have that time to primp and preen to keep herself beautiful and perfect looking.

If a man marries a gorgeous mode typel and wants her to stay looking good for him the rest of her life, don't have kids unless you also are able to have nannies to look after the children and personal trainers for the wifey. lol

Oh, and to the Steve Bagu, how good do you and all your old army buddies look after all of these years? Are you all dashing Mark Harmon types?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships