U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM

30 posts, read 56,451 times
Default More than a friend

I have this guy friend that I have known for a long time,about 10 years. Kinda funny because I met him through a girl I worked with that was stalking him. She went as far as to set me up with his close friend in atempt to hook up with him. lol I didnt know she was that crazy! Anyway me and this guy became really good friends. We did everything together, 4 wheelin, drinkin, pool, even lived together as roomates. He had a bunch of lady friends over the years and even a child with one of them but his choice in women was pretty bad. He was a sucker for a sad story and always trying to help someone. I think it was about 2 years into our friendship when me and him went out to celebrate my 21st bday and spent the night together. Nothing physical happened but he passed out in my car and neither one of us would drive if we had been drinking. At the time he had a gf and when he didnt come home she freaked. The next day I stopped by their house to make sure he made it home alright and he had lied to her about what happened. Turns out she was jealous of me and that kinda set a pattern for all of his future relationships. I have no idea why they would suspect anything. When his daughter was born he asked me to be the childs godmother and I happily agreed. When her mother ran off i took care of her for him and loved her like she was my own. In 2004 my grandfather died and he was the only blood relative I had in the area so I decided to move back east to be closer to my family. Since then I have been married and had kids but I cant help think that maybe I had a family back there the whole time. My divorce will be final soon and i cant help but think that is where I am supposed to be and he is who I am supposed to be with. I want to tell him how I feel about him but I am afraid, in the last 10 years I think that if he felt the same way he would have said something. I dont know some advice would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 AM

158 posts, read 276,010 times
well miss sugar,
I think I would probably make contact first and see how that felt... take slow and feel out the situation. I know that when I left my husband, even though I didn't like him much, I was vunerable to my emotional, dissappointed, divorcing self. If you just visit him with no real expectations, then no one gets hurt. But if you jump in with sights set high, there is a very real chance that you will be let down. Take time to heal, re-kindle the friendship slowly... it is not uncommon to want to reach out to old friends for comfort, and there is nothing wrong with it, just make sure that you now what you are expecting, and be prepared to let what ever happens be ok. protect your heart from your impulses. many blessings and thanks for the post. I relate.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:32 AM

7,013 posts, read 8,938,117 times
You should not look back and say 'should have, could have, would have' I fyou live in the past; you won't be able to make a new way in your future. 10 years is a long time and you both have changed a lot, and are probably not the same people.

It couldn't hurt to contact him, renew a friendship and see where it goes; but don't put all your eggs in that basket.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 AM

15,366 posts, read 14,261,876 times
Your divorce isn`t final yet? Are you looking for someone to rebound on?
Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Get single first, before you jump right back in there again. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships