U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-18-2008, 05:00 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,739,404 times
Call me naive, but I don't know what I think right now. Primarily, I'm wondering if any of these words have been those of Robyn or her friend. Is it possible that someone hacked in?

I'm reserving judgement- the administration here should be able to check IP addresses and location of posters. Are "Rocketscientist" and Robyn posting from the same IP? From the same machine?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,995,192 times
A supporter was so concerned, she called from across the country to Robyn's old cell and it went straight to voicemail, MsV.

Pirate girl, rocket is D and together they shamed themselves.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:16 AM

2,489 posts, read 5,321,222 times
After reading what went on last night, and after being a regular poster here, I.....well, I don't know what to say.

Robyn - You have every right to live your life as you see fit, however, as MsV said, please, please, please slow down! Please really LOOK at what went on last night and what was posted and try to do it from an unbiased view point.

Look at what Rocket Scientist posted and really read what was written......"control" is in those writings - not the kind of "control" you had with ib, but "control" nonetheless. And yes, I realize he is probably also reading this and I realize that both of you will most likely not agree with the "control" part.

What you wrote about D answering your phone and talking to J is also disturbing to me, but that's me. Personally I don't think D should be talking to J. You are jeopardizing your chances in court. I have a feeling you are thinking court doesn't really matter now as you have D who seems to be willing to "take care" of you - please don't fall into that "trap." Your relationship with D is new and I know you feel you love him, but give it time and don't jump from the frying pan to the fire, so to speak.

Again, it's your life but it's also your children's life - remember, they will be spending time with J - he has treated them like crap before - how is he going to be treating them now?

I'll shut up now. Just know that what was posted last night "tells" a lot....and personally, I think you need to step back and evaluate what was written and really think about things - you had a nice vacation, but you will be back in the "real world" and dealing with everything that was there before the vacation, and then some.......

Old 06-18-2008, 05:23 AM

9,342 posts, read 15,930,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
What????
At the time you posted this, I replied to you via PM. But I will share it here, as maybe you will reread it when you are ready to hear it.

My PM said:

I am dating myself with that post. There was an old TV show with a very intuitive robot and a kid named Will Robinson. Every time Will was endangered, the robot would say "Warning, Will Robinson, warning!"

I am not questioning you. You have never had dating experiences with men, because you were still a teen when you met IB. You have never had dating experiences period. So, emotionally, when it comes to dating, you are a teenager. There is nothing wrong with that- not a criticism- just an observation.

What I meant to point out is that you met this guy less than two weeks ago and already you are saying how much your kids like him and his kids. The odds of this being a love connection are stacked against you. You can't truly know someone from e-mail, phone calls and a two week face-to-face relationship. It's not a knock against you or against him. It just doesn't happen.

But now your kids are involved, meaning if the relationship ends, they will experience another loss and have more on their plate to deal with emotionally.

In less than two weeks you have taken your kids to spend the night in his home, he has given you a cell phone, asked twice to come to your home in front of your kids and not supported your decision to the kids when you said no and told a waitress, in front of your kids, that you are a family of six. So many wrong signals- not just sent to you, but sent to your kids and his kids.

I'm sure that he is brilliant, I'm sure that he is interested in you. But this only happens in fairy tales. It's been less than two weeks.

It's hard to believe that someone so smart would not be doing these things intentionally. Maybe not for bad reasons, but it just seems that he has an agenda and he is taking advantage of you. Otherwise, why would an able bodied man rather spend time with you and four kids within days of meeting you? Don't you think he should be totally focused on and desiring to be with only you? Even if coffee at Starbucks- hours spent talking about anything and everything. But how much quality time do two adults get when there are four children present?

I know you're probably not ready to hear this. And if it were just you, I would chill. But now your kids are involved. A few weeks ago you were posting that you had to physically restrain L and that A threw a chair at her in a fit of anger. Under the best of circumstances, your kids need to process the separation and upcoming divorce. With the emotional abuse that they have witnessed their entire lives, they are coping with additional baggage. And now Prince charming comes on the scene. I just think it is too much for the kids. It's not fair to them.

And Robyn, an $80 dinner for six is nothing. I just think you have lived in a very narrow world. My son went to dinner with his Big Brother and the bill for three was $300! THAT'S extravagent. $80 for six is a mid-week bite at Chili's. Don't underestimate yourself. Don't sell yourself short. Enjoy this guy, but know that there is a big world out there and you are a big world person. We don't know the Robyn who grew up in a small town and married her teenage love. We know Robyn the woman. We know one of the strongest women that we have ever known. We have seen you blossom, we have read the words of an author who should be on Oprah. We know who you are now. Don't let your minds eye of who you are limit your options.

You are a strong woman. I know that you must sometimes feel that you are a tiny speck on the earth. That you must be scared of your future and yearning for a sense of security. Robyn, so many of us have been there. No one has not felt those feelings. You need to know that you can support yourself and your kids emotionally and financially. And you can and you will. You don't need a man to survive. A man should compliment your life. Should be the icing on this cake we call life. Your kids need to see that you can do it. You need to know that you can do it. Play with the guys, let them wine you and dine you. Let them build up your ego. But don't involve your kids. Make it be your thing. A selfish pleasure that you do just for Robyn.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:40 AM

2,489 posts, read 5,321,222 times
Wonderful words HIF - I hope Robyn takes them to heart.....

Old 06-18-2008, 05:52 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,739,404 times
I do too.

I'm very confused right now. Here's what I'm struggling with this morning.

If these posts were made by an imposter, I would hate for Robyn to come back and feel that everyone has turned against her due to the words of someone else.

If those posts were made by her new man friend, she needs to get the heck away from him as he seems controlling and holds no regard for the relationships and friendships she had before he came in to her life. And Robyn, if that's the case, you need to clear your head, have a few cups of coffee and read through the last 12 hours of posts here and decide if you want to delve in to another relationship that is controlling and disrespectful. If Rocketscientist is "R" he has managed to embarass and humiliate you in a horrible way. He is acting like a puppeteer and you are allowing him to interfere in areas of your life in which he has no business.

And Robyn, if those were your words, I'll pray for you and your children. Although you don't want to see it right now, you have lost so much ground that you have built over the last nine months. Please see your doctor and get yourself some counseling. Surround yourself with friends and loved ones who respect you for YOU, not for who they can manipulate you into being. You are so much better than that. Read HIFs words again- she sums it up beautifully.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 772,588 times
PG, R admits those words were written by"D".

So many great to-the-point posts on here today - they won't let me rep any of you.

Truth is Posters, Robyn is the main orchestrator of this new relationship (too). This type of person may be just what she wants, and it's her business whom she dates...tough for us to see, but I know we all want her happy in whatever environment she choses... just so many bad signals. It's frustrating. But who here can't relate to the frantic need for survival- I've been there myself...just be a bit more cautious before jumping into a relationship with a stranger...and DON'T involve A&L. Robyn, 'D' could truly end up being the best life has to offer, but you both enmeshed yourselves entirely too quickly.
OK, it's your business, no more advice from me. Be safe everyone!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:33 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,173,520 times
I just now read all of this.

Robyn, I haven't been posting because I didn't want to say anything more that would drive you to be even more connected with "D" after what I wrote last week. We are way beyond that right now.

I'm more than a little concerned, but I'm only a small voice in an abstract world. As everyone has said, I don't know what to do. I do know that this screams of a dangerous situation.....many of those reasons have been posted above by many of the dear friends you have here.

Robyn, please call MsV and give her your new cell phone number. I know you have had personal contact with her in real life. You trust her. Don't allow anyone to sever your direct contact with those who care for you and have proved to you, over a greater length of time, that they are worthy of your trust. Call anyone....everyone....you have had contact with in real life. Share your number. If you are being told to keep it secret, you need to think about what that means.

Robyn, you need your friends more now than you ever did before.

I'm adding this......please know and understand that none of us think any less of you or intend to leave your side....if you will allow us to remain connected to you. Many of us have been where you are right now. We have also had contact with men who have shown the same sort of behavior as D is exhibiting. He not an anomaly...honest...he's not.

Please........call someone....asap.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:43 AM

786 posts, read 46,716 times
I'll be glad when you find real happiness, Robyn. I am quite familiar with the black hole, though, and the many ways we find to stuff it and the lies we tell ourselves to ease the pain.

D has serious issues with personal boundaries. And this is not the first time I have thought that with D.

Hate to spoil the fun, but he's a thowback.

Next one - don't even tell them you post here. I can tell you from experience that once anonymity is broken, the alias is totally useless.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 AM

11,879 posts, read 24,671,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I am not sure what was said before. It's like more than one voice is thinking for me. She has a third voice. She works through him. She seems stronger, she seems more powerful. And when she/he takes over, it's like she/he controls my destiny, my mind, my soul and my body. Not necessarily in that order. She/He touches my soul in ways that are unimaginable. She is more powerful and I cannot quench her thirst.

When she is awake, I am more alive. He /She is blushing right now, but with some tender kisses it will all be euphoric.

Who is she? Who is he? Answers to follow further on. For now, break time is over.

This is my story, this is my song.

Robyn, what is going on? We're all a bit more than worried about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships