U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2008, 05:48 PM

802 posts, read 1,973,945 times
Default Phone Sex

I have a friend, in her 2nd year of college who is considering "doing" phone sex for a part time job to earn money. The company pays like $ 10.00 an hour and you have to work 15-20 hours a week.

At first I was like "euuuuuuuuuuwww" no way, but then started thinking about it and it's growing on me. there is no way the phone numbers can be seen, and you set up your own "profiles" to fulfill the fantasies.

In a way, its kinda sad that men feel the urge to pay for sex talk, possibly because they're lonely, can't approach a woman or just need the anonmity to fulfill the sexual desire.

any thoughts?

Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I have a friend, in her 2nd year of college who is considering "doing" phone sex for a part time job to earn money. The company pays like $ 10.00 an hour and you have to work 15-20 hours a week.

At first I was like "euuuuuuuuuuwww" no way, but then started thinking about it and it's growing on me. there is no way the phone numbers can be seen, and you set up your own "profiles" to fulfill the fantasies.

In a way, its kinda sad that men feel the urge to pay for sex talk, possibly because they're lonely, can't approach a woman or just need the anonmity to fulfill the sexual desire.

any thoughts?
Heck, why not?! As long as there are sheep they will be fleecers.

It looks particularly entertaining when you see some mom in a kitchen who hasn't even taken a shower moan between giving cereal to the kids.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:15 PM

213 posts, read 505,982 times
Paid phone sex=paid vocal prostitution, imho. It is paid intimacy with a stranger. So, your friend is willing to prostitute herself for $10.00 an hour? Or is she totally comfy when granny asks her to tell her about her part-time job? Kids these days, aw shucks.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 PM

4,892 posts, read 11,820,656 times
well to me its in the "sex" business so i would not consider it. and when i see $10/hr, i think there are other jobs that pay that much. cant you wait tables or something? why is it that young women always think the only way to make money is phone sex, stripping, prostitution etc..?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Littlelou,
Here is a head start on your friend's post-college resume' ,if she decides to take the position. No thanks needed.

Objective: To find a workplace where I can utilize skills obtained in the phone pleasure business which include but are not limited to the following:
Withholding judgment when a client asks me to bark like a........., Using my "smiling voice" when a client asks me my bra size, Discerning a client's needs based solely on a series of grunts and smacking noises coming through the receiver, Politely telling fraternity boys that they are banned from using speakerphone whilst partaking of my service. Seeing each and every job through to its completion.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:50 PM

Geez, people, how is it different than telemarketing let's say...? Same BS; different topic. At least you're welcomed instead of rejected all day.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 PM

4,892 posts, read 11,820,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Geez, people, how is it different than telemarketing let's say...? Same BS; different topic. At least you're welcomed instead of rejected all day.
i think it IS different--the product you are selling is yoursefl, and it can wear on you psychologically i think. how did morality just completely disaapear in this world?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Sierra,

I believe I already stated the difference: It is paid intimacy with a stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty sure a telemarketer wouldn't be docked for hanging up on someone who asked her if she were wearing panties today. Yup.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i think it IS different--the product you are selling is yoursefl, and it can wear on you psychologically i think. how did morality just completely disaapear in this world?
No, the product being sold is a pleasant voice fulfilling somebody's fantasies. Perhaps it CAN wear on you psychologically, but the messy ladies in the messy kitchens don't look too disturbed. If that's the case, apparently it doesn't take much and it can hardly even wear on you. Yeah, OK... I'm talking about shows... but it does appear to be pretty easy. Maybe some guys have first-hand experience and will let us know.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stace08 View Post
Sierra,

I believe I already stated the difference: It is paid intimacy with a stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What intimacy are you talking about...?! It's a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.