Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:45 AM

655 posts, read 916,719 times

Advertisements

Sex really is over rated in my opinion and I have a VERY active and fullfilling sex life. Sure it is fun, the connection is great, it is part of being human, but there is so much more to life then just getting off.

I do think the overall quality of sex between male and female lays in the hands of the woman. If a woman is sexual, demands her share in the deed and knows how to get there, chances are the sex is going to be good. Assuming the male can at least do his part. Women like to feel "taken" during sex, "sweep me off my feet" (if you will) and this is fine for us guys most of the time. But when a women gets aggressive and takes what she wants, this is a real nice change of pace for us both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 04:41 AM

26 posts, read 68,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
If I lived in the DC area, I might even take one for the team and show you the ropes.
I do live in the DC area Ha ha!

Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Some people just have to find the hard way, is that what newbie's do?
they have to learn to respect or people,( that is why they have dm's and im's and you can say anything about
sex you want)
anyway it should be reserved for marriage only
maybe you should not be reading the relationship threads if you are so easily offended. there are a couple of religious sections you can hang out in. you say you are offended, and yet are still here reading??
STOP hijacking this thread by the way--i believe THAT is against the rules...

Old 06-02-2008, 06:57 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Or, maybe you'll find that you're the lousy one in bed. Oh my!

ha ha.. I was thinking it but didn't want to post it LOL

Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
IMHO, if you have only ever had sex with one person, how do you know it wasn't good? How do you know it's not you? I say buy some romance enhancement / positions books, buy some toys and start experiementing with your own body first. You want to be sure of your likes for sure before you find someone you are willing to have sex with. Plus, the more comfortable you are with your own sexuality, the more likely the person you are with will be as well. Yes, chemistry is a big part of it and that can mean worlds for the sex aspect but like someone said earlier, don't let that fool you into thinking it's love too. And no, don't go run and start sleeping with every hot guy you see. LOL If you have only ever been with one man, you have much to learn so start with you first.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:03 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
To the OP, Yes, it can get better and yes it can get worse. You'll just have to find someone you have chemistry with and let them know you don't have much experience. Don't worry about it. A lot of people are very understanding and it will be fun to learn and experiment with new things. Good luck!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:27 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie too View Post
I was married for 11 years (divorce will be final in a week! hooray!), and he was the only man I have had sex with. And I gotta say, it wasn't great with him. Ever. What does this mean? Is it just a chemistry thing (which we were lacking)? Is there hope for me to have better sex with someone else in the future???
It means that there was something else missing in the relationship. Sex isn't inherently bad. There were reservations, there was a lack of love to some extent, who knows. If you were lacking chemistry, that could've done it right there. Is there hope for you to have better sex? Yes, as long as there's also hope for you to find a better husband. Be more choosy with the next guy you marry... make sure he's perfect... and I'll bet my next paycheck (which ain't much, sorry ) that the sex will be much better.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:56 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie too View Post
Seriously??? You don't think this is PG13? You need to get out more!

Seriously agree If this is "taking" it too far then you don't want to come to my house LOL

Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
lone Ranger Rides Again,
Oh Please, Get A Hold Of Yourself....
You're Still Tripping Over Here
God Bless Your Little Heart.....
You Are Cordially Invited To The Religion And Philosophy & Christianity Forum
I Think You'll Enjoy Some Of The Topics,
You Have It In You... I Believe In You, You're Like A " Berean"
I'm Glad I Had A Chance To Meet You, Whenever You're Ready, Come Visit
We Love You
Wtf???:d

Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 PM

30 posts, read 82,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
My stbe husband and I always has great sex, but that was it. You can have great sexual energy with someone, but don't mistake it for a foundation to build a good relationship.
i agree with that. my future x and i are seriously attracted to each other and the sex was great but outside the bedroom we cant stand each other. everything is an argument. we split up and now we get along great. i just hope that the next guy i decide to get serious with can work it like the last .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships