Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times

Advertisements

I've been reading this thread, why is beyond me. lol. but anyways, people keep responding and thats why it keeps going on...(oh no, im one of them) I know its hard to let things go sometimes, but if you dont it will eat you alive. And the more you think about it the harder it becomes and the resentment, hatred, anger, just grows even more. We can not change the past, you learn, you move on. You will never be able to change the fact that "he moved on" you cant change what he did. But you are allowing him to change who you are. Thats my 2 cents worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Apparently your talking session is not done, or else you would not have continued this dead horse issue. But then again, talking and combating and "proving yourself correct" on here is MUCH cheaper than $100+/ hour for each counseling session.

Don't you have any other hobbies except to have the last word in everything?
Keep posting and I'll keep answering. You're just going to get the same answer. No one here has changed my mind.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:49 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Keep posting and I'll keep answering. You're just going to get the same answer. No one here has changed my mind.
Yep, you LOOOOVE to have the last word in everything AND be the righteous one, I get it. Now do me a favor and start a new subject, will ya, because this is getting old!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yep, you LOOOOVE to have the last word in everything AND be the righteous one, I get it. Now do me a favor and start a new subject, will ya, because this is getting old!
Considering I started the thread and the posts are directed at me, it would be rude to not answer. What do you expect?

You're free to post in threads of your choosing and start threads as you like. Why do I need to do you a favor?

Don't like it, don't read it. Put me on ignore. I don't care.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
I've been reading this thread, why is beyond me. lol. but anyways, people keep responding and thats why it keeps going on...(oh no, im one of them) I know its hard to let things go sometimes, but if you dont it will eat you alive. And the more you think about it the harder it becomes and the resentment, hatred, anger, just grows even more. We can not change the past, you learn, you move on. You will never be able to change the fact that "he moved on" you cant change what he did. But you are allowing him to change who you are. Thats my 2 cents worth.
Right now I'm angry but I'll get over it once the dust settles. No, he can't change me. I'm the ony one who can change me and while I'll struggle because of this for a while, I will get over it and move on with my life.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,781 times
Man, you ARE stubborn.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I hear you sms0511, too bad our op can't. She is smug, stubborn, unforgiving, relentlessly self-rightous and enjoying being a victim WAY too much to be able to hear you or anyone else. I propose we ALL quit responding to her at this point - she cannot be helped, except by professionals. For her children's sakes I hope that happens, poor kids.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:37 AM

320 posts, read 954,754 times
And you do have the right to be angry...only time will help you heal maybe not completely but i know it will help somewhat ...i am praying for you ....
I know you came to this forum to vent... we all do that ...
just take what's good from the advice that was given to you. And if you didn't find any of it helpful, then don't take it into consideration.
It's your life and i am sure GOd will help you through this really hard time of trial. I personally would've been as hurt as you. I personally would feel unloved by my spouse if he went and dated someone else right after or during the divorce. You have a right to be upset....hurt...and angry.... vent all you want and if people on here don't like it.....don't open this thread. What he did was wrong.
Yeah you are mad right now but i know that it will calm down in due time. You are human and will react when you are hurting.

And most people on here keep telling you to move on and forgive....i believe that you will forgive and move on one day but it's not that easy right now because he is showing no remorse....its not that easy to just forgive someone that does you harm ....you can't just get over it the next day...this is huge! you have been with him for 28 years!
I am sorry it had to end this way

like i said ....i believe you should pray more to GOd about it...he will give you peace that surpasses all understanding....God's ultimate plan is for you to forgive your ex-spouse and only he can help you do that right now. Maybe you can't do it right away but ultimately i believe it will happen.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
if youre separated, its not cheathing

Old 06-10-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
if youre separated, its not cheathing
Why? Do marriage vows vanish as soon as you walk out the door? If so, why go back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships