U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:54 AM

169 posts, read 358,727 times
sorry...Talk*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:56 AM

4,892 posts, read 11,011,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
It was with my husband. How unusual is that these days?!
not as unusual as you would think--

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM

5,108 posts, read 7,051,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
(leaning forward and waiting for sierra to crack)
i'm joining you, Jerz, with popcorn and opera glasses!

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:58 AM

is this thread really going to be allowed to stay open and unlocked?! LOL

Unread 06-04-2008, 12:01 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,269,633 times
Quote:
I'd say it's pretty darn nice. Some of us had the same hopes, but they just didn't materialize...

Unread 06-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Here's something funny- and a bit horrifying. I realized last week that my son is the same age I was when I did it the first time.

I feel pretty strongly that he's not sexually active- there's no way he's mature enough. But I have to wonder if my mother thought the same thing when I was that age.
LOL at this post!!!!
i thought my mom didn't know what was going on when i was a teen, turns out she did know. all of it. the whole time.

and as far as what my sons do? i DON"T want to go there. They say it's gross to think about your parents doing it, it's totally the same or worse to envision my kids doing it. Ewwwwwwww. Goes both ways I guess.

I'm just glad they have passed the age i got married, and are still all 3 unmarried. Hooray. Life is good. And if they're doing it, all i really care about is that they're safe and having fun (ie no shame, guilt)

Unread 06-04-2008, 12:07 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,333,676 times
My first time wasn't spectacular but I'm glad it was with the person it was as he was my "first true love". I remember thinking "This is it?" Oh well, thankfully, that improves with age and experience!

And I don't even want to think of my son doing it. He's only 8 but still, he's my baby! Maybe he'll be a late starter b/c his dad nor I were

Unread 06-04-2008, 12:15 PM

2,367 posts, read 3,599,779 times
Quote:
Pretty unusual, but certainly an attainable goal, particularly if you get married fairly young. I didn't get married until I was in my mid-30s and I think it would have been sad to wait that long to enjoy that part of life. Obviously, from my above post, I didn't wait until I got married, however, I do wish I had waited for my first time to have been with somebody I truly loved and who truly loved me.

On another note, is this thread really beyond PG-13? It seems pretty tame to me. I'm glad others have their popcorn and opera glasses to enjoy the show .

Unread 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,341,095 times
I didn't expect this thread to become a forum for people to graphically depict their first time experiences. My intent was to make people reminesce (sp?) and hopefully remember what might (should?) have been a good time in their life. There have been a lot of, shall I say ... sombering... posts recently. It was intended to be light, nostalgic, and fun.

If any of you think that this may be a place to provide more rude and crude language than in any of the other recent threads and replies, understand that was not my intent. I thought it was a simple question... "was your first time what you expected?"

Don't know if I should apologize for this or not.

Moderator... your call if you want to pull it. Won't hurt my feelings.

Unread 06-04-2008, 12:52 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,240,049 times
Well, I was someone else's first experience (he waited until he was 19; an old man for those days) and I truly hope he thinks of it as fondly as I do. 13 years later, he still remembered the date. I think that's a good sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships