Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 05:48 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Some of you may remember this thread.
Am I horrible?

So I'm supposed to have a first date with a guy today. We met on a dating app last weekend and I messaged with him because he seemed to have a few basic things I look for. We have texted throughout the week and he seems quite keen. I have told him that it would be wise to contain any excitement until we actually meet in person (which he has struggled with and has irritated me, but whatever). Anyway, I am going to attempt to be positive and assume that the date is going to turn out super and that I like him a lot. Well it just occurred to me that he has his 15 yo son and I have my adult kid living with me for the next 6 months. I can tell you right now that I'm not having sex at my place. My kid is always home, always here, room is right next to mine, and WILL hear it. I don't know what his place is like, but, UGH, kids really complicate things no matter what. I know the kid is older, but he is still a minor and from what I can tell, Dad is a good dad and spends a lot of time with him. I'm not sure I feel like dealing with kids. I didn't really think about it until now because the kid is 15, but still....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 05:49 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Is it not possible that the kid spends some time at mom's house?

Old 08-03-2019, 05:50 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
And...you have doubts about this guy before meeting, yet you are worrying about what to do with the kid when you have sex? Chances are reallllyyy good it's a non-issue.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
And...you have doubts about this guy before meeting, yet you are worrying about what to do with the kid when you have sex? Chances are reallllyyy good it's a non-issue.

Okay.

Thanks.
I just needed someone to talk sense into me.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:04 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,614 times
It sounds like you're just deliberately trying to sabotage this thing before it even gets started. Instead of getting all wound up about what may or may not happen in the future, why don't you just go out with this guy and see how it goes? You might really hit it off! Or you might meet him and find there's nothing really there. It could go either way, so just chill out, look at it as and adventure and stop freaking out about nothing.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:31 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Some of you may remember this thread.
Am I horrible?

So I'm supposed to have a first date with a guy today. We met on a dating app last weekend and I messaged with him because he seemed to have a few basic things I look for. We have texted throughout the week and he seems quite keen. I have told him that it would be wise to contain any excitement until we actually meet in person (which he has struggled with and has irritated me, but whatever). Anyway, I am going to attempt to be positive and assume that the date is going to turn out super and that I like him a lot. Well it just occurred to me that he has his 15 yo son and I have my adult kid living with me for the next 6 months. I can tell you right now that I'm not having sex at my place. My kid is always home, always here, room is right next to mine, and WILL hear it. I don't know what his place is like, but, UGH, kids really complicate things no matter what. I know the kid is older, but he is still a minor and from what I can tell, Dad is a good dad and spends a lot of time with him. I'm not sure I feel like dealing with kids. I didn't really think about it until now because the kid is 15, but still....
Just get a hotel.

I dated a woman and she had kids living with her and I was temporarily with my parents at the time.

So we took little trips and got hotel rooms.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:50 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Your kid is ALWAYS home? No school, work, friends, time with father?

His kid will be at school or with friends too. And there are surely few nice hotels for a weekend trip and trying out sex. If all it's good, I am sure you could just contain yourself to less frequent encounters till your kid moves out. It might be worth it.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Just get a hotel.

I dated a woman and she had kids living with her and I was temporarily with my parents at the time.

That's not the kind of relationship I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Your kid is ALWAYS home? No school, work, friends, time with father?

His kid will be at school or with friends too. And there are surely few nice hotels for a weekend trip and trying out sex. If all it's good, I am sure you could just contain yourself to less frequent encounters till your kid moves out. It might be worth it.

We work during the day and the kids are home in the evenings and weekends. We've talked about his kid a little bit. I don't think the kid has many friends and mom has asked dad that he spend more time with his son (because she's having some sort of trouble with him). I'm not really looking for the "get a hotel" type of relationship. I want a normal relationship where we get to be together all the time.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:02 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
We work during the day and the kids are home in the evenings and weekends. We've talked about his kid a little bit. I don't think the kid has many friends and mom has asked dad that he spend more time with his son (because she's having some sort of trouble with him). I'm not really looking for the "get a hotel" type of relationship. I want a normal relationship where we get to be together all the time.

but... you have a kid...

Old 08-03-2019, 09:05 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Just get a hotel.

There is a site in which you can rent a hotel room for a couple of hours. Dayuse.com

If it comes down to you two getting busy just rent a room for a couple of hours and then go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships