U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
 
3,674 posts, read 6,935,892 times
Reputation: 2558
Default Mail Order Bride

I have a few friends who tried the mail order bride thing.

The first one got burned to the tune of about $9,000 the first time, came back for more, got one home (young Thai gal) and now she kicks him around pretty good (I'm happy to say).

The other two brought over russian women and they changed in both shape & attitude within a year or so and both are as sorry as sorry can be.

Me, I'd never consider it.

But I was curious if anyone has any experience with this stuff.

Last edited by BLAZER PROPHET; 06-11-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: bad speling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Reputation: 22748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I have a few friends who tried the mail order bride thing.

The first one got burned to the tune of about $9,000 the first time, came back for more, got one home (young Thai gal) and now she kicks him around pretty good (I'm happy to say).

The other two brought over russian women and they changed in both shape & attitude within a year or so and both are as sorry as sorry can be.

Me, I'd never consider it.

But I was curious if anyone has any experience with this stuff.
There was another thread about it not long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM
 
70 posts, read 149,514 times
Reputation: 37
what is it with Thailand, i've heard quite afew stories about people there,about mail order brides, prostitutes, and i've known men to bring them over to the uk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
 
3,674 posts, read 6,935,892 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There was another thread about it not long ago.
There was? Oh drat. I was trying to come up with something new around here as it's either a "oh hell, everybody I know stinks- except me" type thread or ones with 16 million posts that have long since left the topic of the thread.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Reputation: 22748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethfromEngland View Post
what is it with Thailand, i've heard quite afew stories about people there,about mail order brides, prostitutes, and i've known men to bring them over to the uk.
Well, dear American (and not only) men hope to get submissive wives they can control and keep under their thumbs, but usually find out otherwise and then start whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Reputation: 22748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
There was? Oh drat. I was trying to come up with something new around here as it's either a "oh hell, everybody I know stinks- except me" type thread or ones with 16 million posts that have long since left the topic of the thread.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
I know... if I see the word cheating one more time, I'm gonna puke!

Don't worry, though... your thread will develop, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 PM
 
3,674 posts, read 6,935,892 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, dear American (and not only) men hope to get submissive wives they can control and keep under their thumbs, but usually find out otherwise and then start whining.
Submissive wives and they expect whores in bed (not that there's anything really wrong with that) and virtual slaves around the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Reputation: 22748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Submissive wives and they expect whores in bed (not that there's anything really wrong with that) and virtual slaves around the house.
Yeah, that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 AM
 
2,486 posts, read 5,991,974 times
Reputation: 1836
There's never been a good "mail order" anything. If one is so desperate that one needs to get a BRIDE that's mail-ordered...well then quite frankly you are getting exactly what you deserve. No sympathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Status: "Books on my mind (and on my sofa, tables, etc.)" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: South Bay Native
9,752 posts, read 13,403,536 times
Reputation: 13705
To the OP - not to knock your male friends, or anything, but can you describe what these guys look like/are like? It may explain why they have to import their women....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top