Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Then you fail the work sensitive clause....

Like other forums this one has rules. IMO the rule "Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead." would clearly cover this thread.....am I normally a whistle blower....no....I don't see this thread going anywhere......and it's pretty much pointless with bashing and racism all in one and clearly had an agenda from the get go.
I think that while this was an ignorant thread to start, plenty of people disagreed with the O.P. and many even stated examples of youthful looking older white women. And not only that, it was brought up that over exposure to the sun and cigarette smoking contribute to skin damage to ALL races. In some respects, this became an informative thread.

I see plenty of annoying racial, sexist and ageist relationship threads in this section that never get complained about or locked down. But I'd rather we all just chill out than turn this forum into a place where rules are too strictly enforced and the atmosphere is less relaxed and chatty. Need we be politically correct 24/7 even amongst our familiar internet acquaintances? And isn't it good to be aware of what others think so that we can correct their misconceptions? And what happened to having a sense of humour and taking things in stride? Bash the O.P. all you want, but there are also many people in real life that think as he does but that don't have the balls to come out and say it out loud. Shutting people like the O.P. up on this board isn't going to make their negative thoughts go away.

And to those that are offended by the O.P.'s views, toughen up. Plus who really cares what this guy thinks? Not anyone of us is universally appealing to the opposite sex and we will never be. In fact, I'm just happy being loved and wanted by one man, my boyfriend. And I don't need a bunch of male groupies in the wings waiting and hoping to be my next boyfriend. So if there was a thread about how undesirable or unattractive older Asian women were, I wouldn't care.

Plus it's ignorant to generalize about any group of people (which in this case was older white women). In any group categorized by race, sex or age, you will find very attractive people, plain people, skinny and fat people, and ugly people. It's just the way humans are. When someone likes hot looking Latinas, they subconsciously and consciously look out for more of them to admire and even try to date. In a crowd of people, they will search for that kind of person to look at, or they will go to places and clubs where Latinas hang out and go to party and then that builds that stereotype of Latinas being hot. And if you go to one of their clubs, then of course the women there will be all dressed up and looking their best. But if you go to areas where they all hang out doing daily activities with their families or go to their home countries, then if you have an unbiased and open mind, you will see that Latinos come in all shapes, sizes and levels of attractiveness.

So some white women age well, and some don't. It depends a lot on how much time they previously spent in the sun or tanning booth, if they smoked cigarettes, their diet, if they had weight gains and losses, and their genes. Over the years, all these factors add up. And if the O.P. is that shallow, then he's someone that most of us women wouldn't want to date or marry anyway. So again, who cares what he thinks? But for those of all races who care about wrinkles on their face when they get older, if you're still young, start using high SPF sunblock daily on your hands and face. And stay out of the sun and tanning booths!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
It all depends on how you take care of yourself and how youthful or stylish you dress and carry yourself. I dont mean dressing younger than your age, but just keeping up with the times and not dressing like an old fuddy duddy. People tend to think I'm around 8 years younger, and my husband and I (who is 8 years younger than me) look around the same age though I'm white and he's puerto rican (with a light complexion that picks up a nice tan very easily, just to challenge the point of the OP). There are many things we can do to look younger, from working out regularly (especially with weights), having a nice hairstyle, colored hair so no yucky greys show through, fashionable clothes, and if necessary even cosmetic procedures such as botox. So who really cares about genetics anyway LOL! As for me, I'm not going out like that. I like looking as pretty as possible and do what I can to "maintain".

Old 06-29-2008, 05:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
This is the first time I have ventured out of Charlotte, House......I guess I'll just stick to those.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:31 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Plus it's ignorant to generalize about any group of people (which in this case was older white women).
I just don't like antarticans! They're weird and creepy! There I said it, it's out there for discussion!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 5,839 times
No wonder so many women give up men and become lesbians with so many shalow men around..How superficial to be concerned about looks, when we all know they will, sooner or later, fade anyway..

Old 09-28-2008, 12:00 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,414 times
your observation is right at least according to my personal experience. White girls look the best between teen and 23-24, I usually see very obvious sign of aging on women between 27-33. Only 5 years apart, the same woman might look completely different. On the other hand, white women older than 40, properly dressed and under the right make-up, usually look much better than women of other races, especially Asian girls.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:53 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
I was really pissed when I saw this "thread."

Oh yes! Another racial profiling thread from a yet another degenerate black dude!

Let me tell you something, this is coming from a Black girl, I have a friend who lives in Dallas and who is Caucasian and 38 years of age! She looks 10 YEARS YOUNGER! She still gets carded!

If the OP asked me out, I got two words:

"Hell no!"

Old 09-28-2008, 03:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Oh! Oh! My bad. I thought that the OP was saying that all White women don't age gracefully. Well, if he knew that, why the hell he post this anyway?

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-28-2008 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Good question... Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships