Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:48 PM

42 posts, read 104,268 times

Advertisements

haha, i dated a chinese guy. And i speak their language fluently. We're effectively bilingual in singapore. Altho im supposed to learn another language i went ahead with something outside my comfort zone and picked up mandarin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 01:10 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,103,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl2134 View Post

Asians by nature are very unemotional

most Caucasian females are attracted to everyone BUT Asian males
I have to speak up here for the overgeneralized and underappreciated!

Emotions
Asians are exactly the same "by nature" as all other human beings.
All human cultures are different from each other, and all individuals are different from each other, so a culture may program their children, or their male children, to ignore how they feel and not show emotions. And an individual may choose to hide his or her truth by not showing emotions.

But no humans are "by nature" unemotional. Our emotions are what guide us to recognize what is good for us and what is not good for us, what we do well, and what we want. Experiencing our emotions is what makes life worth living, and when we choose horrible emotions they show us what we want to avoid in life. No one does not experience life through emotions; some people, however, hide those emotions from others, and some hide them from themselves.

Caucasian females - Asian males
Well if the Asian boys in high school and college would get their heads out of the books for 10 minutes and look into the eyes of the girls they are attracted to and speak to them -- what a different story we'd see!! Same for the Asian men in the workplace -- look at her! speak to her! Give her a chance to think a connection might be made!

Most Caucasian females don't have opportunities to have prolonged friendly contact with Asian males, and so have not had the opportunity to form particular ideas about attractiveness. They don't have any knowledge from which to make those conclusions. I also think Caucasian females have probably always heard that Asian men aren't interested in Caucasian women for a variety of reasons, and so the women don't try.

Look! Speak! Works wonders

Last edited by allforcats; 08-10-2008 at 01:33 PM..

Old 08-10-2008, 04:06 PM

63 posts, read 426,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_myself_and_i View Post
I am in a relationship with an asian male. I am a white girl. We seem to be having a lot of issues. He was raised in strict chinese family (CA) and I didn't have much parenting growing up. I have always been independent and learned how to do everything on my own. I have been married twice and have a daughter. Can anyone give me some insight on the asian or chinese culture so that I might be able to find a way to keep the relationship together?

your not a white girl and your not in a relationshop with an asian guy.

1 post and u bounce like that???

Old 08-10-2008, 04:12 PM

63 posts, read 426,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'm Chinese and I'm just not attracted to Asians. And yes, in Chinese society, the men come first and I'm not into that. My white boyfriends have always treated me as an equal and that makes me happy. In the last five years, my boyfriend has been friends with a Chinese American guy and two Korean guys. The Korean men seem worse in terms of wanting their girlfriends to listen to them. One had a Hispanic girlfriend that lived with him for ten years before she got fed up with his bs. The other Korean wanted a woman that was hot looking but would dress frumpy out in public so as not to attract any other men. He's still looking for a girlfriend. The Chinese guy feels that his mom's parents don't treat him as well as the grandsons of his uncles, that there is favoritism towards his cousins that carry his mom's family's name. Anyway, there can be weird family dramas going on in Asian families and I don't want any part of it. Plus I don't want to have any kids.

There is some truth to this.

I wan my irl to fix me some soup when I'm sick and dont expect me to do housechores. I aint doing the dishes/ laundry.

That just aint my thing...

Anyways family drama has nothing to with race or attraction.

Matter of fact I find white people more greedy/ selfish/ stingy..

Like whit epeople are very stingy when it come to paying for dinners etc. Its always go duchth, 50/50...Asians on the other hand fight to pay the bill,..well im getting offtopic...

I'm done with Asian girls, Im da cream of da crop, so In aint gonna limit myself ya dig????

Old 08-10-2008, 06:28 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,034 times
I will always wonder why people put such thought into a question roused by someone that may not even appear again. A big red flag to me is if they only have 1 post.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:42 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBoi View Post
There is some truth to this.

I wan my irl to fix me some soup when I'm sick and dont expect me to do housechores. I aint doing the dishes/ laundry.

That just aint my thing...

Anyways family drama has nothing to with race or attraction.

Matter of fact I find white people more greedy/ selfish/ stingy..

Like whit epeople are very stingy when it come to paying for dinners etc. Its always go duchth, 50/50...Asians on the other hand fight to pay the bill,..well im getting offtopic...

I'm done with Asian girls, Im da cream of da crop, so In aint gonna limit myself ya dig????
How old are you? 13? 14? I spoke like that around that age but I grew out of it. Education is a wonderful thing. The only thing that I'd find more unbearable than the way you write is if you capitalized every other word.

Also, there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance (the former is more attractive to girls).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships