Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:21 PM

812 posts, read 2,307,364 times

Advertisements

Ahhh, we're all grouchy people, but how we treat our spouses and significant others makes them treat us and vice versa kindly.

You talk of money being the cause of divorce but in our case it's health issues. I've had my bladder removed. I have alzheimers. We've got a lot of that going on here. Very hard on us. Makes us just rely on each other more. Sensitivity is very manly to me. We cry a lot together! Probably had more tears than most couples. We respect one another.

If a man is respectful of a woman and introduces her to people and say's I'd like to introduce my lovely wife. Do you know how good you will make her feel? that in itself will always make her feel so much more confident and secure. My husband either says my beautiful wife or my lovely wife. All these years he's never changed. He's very soft spoken and I find that to be very attractive and manly. No matter how quiet and reserved he is people will listen and respect him by the way he carrys himself. So I think every man who carries himself in a way that isn't boisterous just to be manly will look much more appealing to people.

Now I have totally rambled and gone off topic. Sorry and I totally apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Please don't apologize for posting what I think is the most beautiful and heartening response I've ever seen on this, or any other, board.

Thank you.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Ahhh, we're all grouchy people, but how we treat our spouses and significant others makes them treat us and vice versa kindly.

You talk of money being the cause of divorce but in our case it's health issues. I've had my bladder removed. I have alzheimers. We've got a lot of that going on here. Very hard on us. Makes us just rely on each other more. Sensitivity is very manly to me. We cry a lot together! Probably had more tears than most couples. We respect one another.

If a man is respectful of a woman and introduces her to people and say's I'd like to introduce my lovely wife. Do you know how good you will make her feel? that in itself will always make her feel so much more confident and secure. My husband either says my beautiful wife or my lovely wife. All these years he's never changed. He's very soft spoken and I find that to be very attractive and manly. No matter how quiet and reserved he is people will listen and respect him by the way he carrys himself. So I think every man who carries himself in a way that isn't boisterous just to be manly will look much more appealing to people.

Lucky you!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:47 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,798 times
Quote:

Just beautiful

A preference only - but I prefer sensitive men. Give me a sincere, straightforward sweetheart any day of the week. And I do NOT like games. Either you like me and want to be with me or you don't. If you act like you don't, guess what? You missed your chance, lol!

Don't really want a guy to take control or to fix my car. We make decisions together and share all the responsibilities (that second half doesn't always work out perfectly in marriage but hey, we're talking about my preference). And I'll hire someone to fix my car.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
If you ever saw that movie with Brendan Frasier called Bedazzled - one of his characters is this ultra sensitive guy who cries at the sunset and anything moving or touching - that is too extreme. I appreciate a guy who can sympathize and empathize with humanity in general but I don't want the poor guy crying at the sight of a beautiful sunset.
My fiance is very manly but can be sensitive too - just a little though.
He's Mr. Fix It. He can fix anything car or home related and is great in the sack, can be playful and willing to try most things. He isn't Mr. Sensitive and he's not Mr. Macho either, just a good blend but if I had to say, he's leaning towards the macho side. I've always dated guys like this, mostly "a mans man" kind of guy. I think one time I dated an ultra sensitive guy and that was just ridiculous.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
well put it this way,when we are doing nasty things I don't want to think about "loving you" or how much I love you in fact the less I think about that the better because I just want to be primevil.I don't want to say I love you,I want to say and think dirty....really dirty things(devilish emoticon)

After that,when we are spent,when we are cuddling or sleeping well then I'll be sensitive.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Women fall more easily for the macho types, but in reality they want a mixture of both. They want a guy who knows the correct times to pull out the macho, and likewise when to apply a softer hand. Well that has been my experience at least...

Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I prefer sensitive guys over macho ones any day. But he still has to have self confidence. My boyfriend is sensitive and we can talk about everything.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
They want a guy who knows the correct times to pull out the macho...
Sometimes when I try to pull my macho out it gets stuck.

Then I cry.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sifuphil View Post
sometimes When I Try To Pull My Macho Out It Gets Stuck.

Then I Cry.
No reps at this time, but cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships