Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,613,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
BMI, haha, I don't really use that as a guideline since I disrespect it so much as far as a fitness gauge, but for girls it's way more accurate than for guys since most girls aren't going to have enough muscle mass to throw it way out of whack. A girl's recommended body fat percentage should be between 18 and 24, so odds are if she's in that range I'm going to be fine with that. If you look at a lot of recommended weight / height charts, I'm probably going to want in the low range for any girl. Like this thing shows that a girl 5'5" should be 117 to 130. Uhh, I'd prefer more like 110 to 120, I've known a few girls who were 5'5" and 130 is on the big side, but on this chart that's "small frame." Large frame is 137 to 155, which is just fat. I was 132 and 5'10" at one point, before I started working out, a girl who is 5'5" should not be even close to 130 pounds if she's 5 inches shorter. Then again this chart is absolutely retarded because it shows that a girl who is 5'10" should weigh 132 to 145 at the low end, which is really small. A girl who is 5'10" can weigh 155 and not be fat at all. And if she's 132 that's TINY for that height. The chart is all out of whack, way too high for short girls and too low for tall girls. Then again some 5'10" models are like 120 and look great, I guess it just depends. I've seen girls who were models and about that height who were 150 and nobody would suspect that, because of the 120 pound models, it's just a bone density and muscle issue. It depends a lot on a girl's build.

For me it's easiest just if you look at a girl's body, you know whether she's in shape or not. Like her abs should look more like this: http://www.liveleantoday.com/images/...mbbell-abs.jpg

Then it's pretty obvious she's not fat. Judging by weight is harder unless it's more extreme. Like if a girl is 135 and she's 5'5", I don't know, she may be really good looking and I wouldn't suspect she weighed that much. But if she's 160 5'5" I know she's fat. So it's only obvious when it starts to get up there.
Whew that was so thick I couldn't get through all that. So when you met a girl, do you do all the measurements then or later? I'm surprised they let you put em on the scale and tape measure em.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,324,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Whatever Johnathan,don't think that you speak for all guys,because you don't.
If he did speak for all guys, then all big girls would be single and lonely and never find a partner. Considering that more than half our nation is overweight (and I think the rate is higher among women) that would be a lot of dateless chicks wondering why they aren't getting any male attention.

I see girls who have a lot extra cushion, but wear it well. I also see ones who are barely getting around with all the rolls between their thighs and I think that is really sad and I am concerned for their health. I don't think insulting them and berating them for their size helps much, though.

Maybe we should set up a poll for the guys and have them pick between the two models pictured in this link. It's also a great article about this subject:

The stunning size 12 model branded ‘too fat’ for TV competition at No Thinspiration

Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Ain't that the truth...........

Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If he did speak for all guys, then all big girls would be single and lonely and never find a partner. Considering that more than half our nation is overweight (and I think the rate is higher among women) that would be a lot of dateless chicks wondering why they aren't getting any male attention.

I see girls who have a lot extra cushion, but wear it well. I also see ones who are barely getting around with all the rolls between their thighs and I think that is really sad and I am concerned for their health. I don't think insulting them and berating them for their size helps much, though.

Maybe we should set up a poll for the guys and have them pick between the two models pictured in this link. It's also a great article about this subject:

The stunning size 12 model branded ‘too fat’ for TV competition at No Thinspiration
Jen Hunter is a HOTTIE!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:57 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,576,628 times
Quote:
LOL, he lives in fantasyland, I know you've seen my pic last year. He told me I'm in denial, that I was fat last year. I WISH I had some extra cushion on the bottom

Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM

529 posts, read 1,298,432 times
I don't like too skinny or obese, she has to have an ass and boobs.

Looking at the BMI chart I'd actually say that I'm leaning more towards overweight than underweight . I prefer women in the 20 to 26 range and from 5'0'' to 5'9''

Old 11-12-2008, 02:10 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,522,919 times
I don't like "deathcamp skinny", nor do I like "need-a-42"-wide door to leave the house" obese, but I think thicker is better than thinner.

A slim/thin tummy is okay as long as there is no muscle definition for me ( I don't like muscular chicks at all - they scare me! lol). I prefer a bit of tummy.

Have always been a fan of the bigger hips/rear end, but used to like smaller breasts.

However, my SO has changed me and now I love me some big tatas! DD is good.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:56 PM

30,707 posts, read 79,493,954 times
I always liked petite women. Everything small and not real tall. I have no idea, why. I am big (6'1" 200 lb and fairly athletic). Not women who looked like children, but shapely women in miniature. Very little make up; provocative, but not slutty clothing; and a nice and frequent smile. The most important feature a woman could have for me was vivaciousness.

I do not understand the attraction to skeletons, women who look like little boys or children. Women are supposed to have an hour galss figure aren't they? Do some guys get turned on by the skeletons in anatomy class? Put a sheet over the skeleton and you have the look of that model posted earlier here. Ugh. this I simply do nto understand, but I guess each person has their own preferences.

I had a friend who only liked really fat women. Another Friend only dated bi***y women (friends with female dogs) The meaner they were, the more he liked them. Another friend didn't like girls who were real pretty. He found them offensive. Several friends only liked oriental women. Yet another only liked stereotypical black women. I think that there is somone who prefers any given type of woman.

Now things are different. I prefer my wife to all others. Her physique changes from time to time. If she is fat, I like fat women. If she is thin, I like thin women. She is short, so I will never like tall women. After 20 years I am not driven by the shell that contains her. I am attracted to the woman that is inside.

Last edited by Coldjensens; 11-12-2008 at 03:06 PM..

Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM

943 posts, read 3,328,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
That's because they don't. If guys preferred fat chicks we'd see a lot of fat chicks on the cover of Maxim, Playboy, Victoria's Secret, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, etc. Guys prefer girls with bodies that are lean, cut, toned, no excess fat. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about. OF COURSE there are outliers, guys who have weird tastes, just as there will always be some people who think mohawks on girls are sexy, there will always be some guys who like fat chicks. But it doesn't make it normal or anything to worry about if you're an attractive, slender girl. The body isn't meant to have a bunch of excess weight on it. It's perverse and grotesque.
Speak for yourself I know PLENTY of men(of all races) that prefer us thick girls

Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
Speak for yourself I know PLENTY of men(of all races) that prefer us thick girls
ah, the mouthy metro is at it again...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.