Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 06:18 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times

Advertisements

Haha, I wish I was 6'0" also, that'd be a nice height. But I'm by no means "skinny," I'm muscular and athletic. At my peak workouts I can bench 225 free weight and leg press 1,100 pounds. I can max most simple machines whether they are shoulder or back or arms, etc. I was 132 at this height before I started working out, THAT was skinny. I'm very muscular now. In fact in Tae-Kwon-Do, a lot of people didn't like sparring me because I was one of the most muscular people there, and my master kept yelling at me that I needed to lose muscle mass to gain more speed and flexibility. But I'd rather have a bit of a mix, I'll sacrifice a little bit of speed for a little bit more padding, to me it just makes sense. Then again if I was as good as him, I wouldn't need as much muscle to win a fight.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:09 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
Too skinny and short for me.. I like em 6"+ 200lbs+
WELL that just sucks.

Im basically the same as Johathan though I might be 5 9 and 165 I dunno,years since I even weighed myself.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:15 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Alright,let me just end by saying I saw KMG's photo,I think she is very sexy.She is not fat by any means.The girl I just posted with the mirror face is hot also.But the ones I posted are hot to some guys too.

So ladies and Johnathan,different strokes for different folks.Hardly any of use are going to appeal to everybody.So if you have flaws that you don't like work on them if you'll feel better but in the end nobody has to be *perfect* to be sexy,besides any body that might turn someone on in the end personality and chemistry will be the ultimate deciding factor.But also,knowing yourself and feeling good about yourself will be a large part of being sexy no matter your body usually.

cheers

Baby, you spend a lot of time in this thread! LOL

I don't think any of the women on here have a problem with their body, actually it's seems that most of us on here like our bodies and are happy with them. It's not us that has the problem, and we don't give a damn anyway. If every man only liked one type of women, there would be millions and millions of lonely people.

And p.s., I'm not your type

Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
haha, well I mean they do these studies for a reason, it's not healthy to be overweight. It puts you at greater risk for a huge variety of health conditions, like heart disease, diabetes, strokes, high blood pressure, etc. If you look at female athletes they are all in great shape. Male athletes, however, you have to be more specific -- a lot of football players (ahem, linebackers) are in horrible shape, they are extremely obese and don't live long lives. But like basketball players have to be in great shape for instance, most baseball players are, but not all. Some pitchers are fat.
Linebackers are usually quite lean. It is linemen, especially offensive, who are heavier. "These studies" also point out that overweight people who have high levels of strength, anaerobic and aerobic conditioning and flexibility - those who are fit - are much better off than those who are of "optimal" weight and are not fit. I know this to be true from being an athlete and trainer. Lack of longevity comes more from the aftereffects of years of horrific collisions that football players suffer on a daily basis, as well as a decrease in overall fitness after retirement.

There are female athletes (weight throwers, grapplers) who are quite heavily built and still in great condition. I believe DaBeez described one he dated on this forum (the description had me salivating)

Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I was looking at the BMI more, I'd have to say I would like girls in the 18 to 20 BMI range. Anything much bigger is just too big. It says "healthy" up until 25, but that's huge, honestly. A girl who is 5'5" and 135 pounds is listed as well within normal range at like 22.5, but that's just too big for that height. I like girls 5'2" to 5'6" ideally, 100 pounds to 130 pounds depending on the height within that.
BMI is bullshyt. It makes no distinctions for fitness level or body composition.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I am 6'3 290 husky guy.
We're about the same size. I am little shorter and probably a little wider than u.....

Old 11-14-2008, 07:31 AM

Sunil -- right on almost all points. I agree, the BMI is pretty retarded, at least for guys. For girls I think it's very accurate. But for guys, it only works for scrawny guys who aren't athletes. Basically any guy who works out regularly and is muscular, it's a failure. Also that's totally correct that if you're in the normal weight range, but don't work out, you are at more risk and less healthy than someone who is a bit overweight but does work out. All of that is absolutely true. In general, though, people who are very physically active and eat a healthy diet are able to lose weight and fall into the normal weight range. That's not true of all people but a lot of people who are active and workout regularly just don't eat well. I know a few people like that, they're strong and in good shape, but they ultimately don't have good metabolisms so they need to watch what they eat really carefully, but don't.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

And p.s., I'm not your type

Well hey you are happily married and all that.But.......

IF you were not I wouldn't say that,you look very sexy and your personality is sparkling A+++,how could a man not like you.....

with respect to hubby,dude if you read this hats off to you man...

Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
WELL that just sucks.

Im basically the same as Johathan though I might be 5 9 and 165 I dunno,years since I even weighed myself.
lol, that's cool. I have another friend who is really buff and he's about the same weight as me, also the same height, I think he has a small frame like I do. It's a blessing and a curse. My wrists are tiny, it's not exactly manly, and my bone structure is small in general, which is kind of annoying because when I pack a TON of muscle on, I don't look super huge with a shirt on. You can tell when I have my shirt off I'm quite muscular, and if I have a form-fitting shirt on, which is what I aim for sometimes, you can also tell I'm pretty buff, but it's easy to conceal beneath clothing because of my smaller frame. It's a curse in that respect because a lot of people are surprised if they haven't seen me in form-fitting clothing as much. I had a neighbor say when I was walking to the gym once (he had seen me in street clothes before), "Wow, I had no idea you were so buff!" It was kind of like, gee, thanks, I guess? But it's good in the sense that it can be an advantage to be underestimated. There's something cool about being in a gym with guys who are obviously larger, by weight, and seem to look bigger, but there I am benching the same as they are, doing more on leg press than them by far, able to beat them on almost any measure of strength. They kind of look over like, "What the heck?! How is that guy doing so much?" It's why some girls can look the same weight and look just as good but be totally different weights. One girl will be 5'5" 105, and look fantastic. The other will be 5'5" and 130 and look great, and you will wonder how the heck is the one girl 25 pounds more? A lot of times it's just more bone density and a slightly larger frame, even though both look in good shape and slender. With guys it can be much the same. Some guys look really big but don't have that much muscle, just big bones, big frames. Other guys look smaller but have tons of muscle and are very strong. It can be an advantage in a fight to be underestimated, but honestly it's just as big of an advantage to be big enough to deter fights, haha.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Sunil -- right on almost all points. I agree, the BMI is pretty retarded, at least for guys. For girls I think it's very accurate. But for guys, it only works for scrawny guys who aren't athletes. Basically any guy who works out regularly and is muscular, it's a failure. Also that's totally correct that if you're in the normal weight range, but don't work out, you are at more risk and less healthy than someone who is a bit overweight but does work out. All of that is absolutely true. In general, though, people who are very physically active and eat a healthy diet are able to lose weight and fall into the normal weight range. That's not true of all people but a lot of people who are active and workout regularly just don't eat well. I know a few people like that, they're strong and in good shape, but they ultimately don't have good metabolisms so they need to watch what they eat really carefully, but don't.
You just described just about everyone I know.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships