Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 AM

15 posts, read 41,420 times

Advertisements

I'll preface this by saying that I like BBWs among many other types of girls. I don't dislike skinny girls but I'd have to say that the more somewhat voluptuous are in fact generally my favorite.

The woman from the recently banned Lane Bryant ad was AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well why dont you help me "get it" then. Im sure if we have some black posters here, they wouldnt appreciate someone saying its dumb for someone to date black dudes. Im just saying.
It may have more to do with who approaches them to begin with. From a sociological standpoint, it's very possible that many white males find multi-racial BBWs attractive, but are less likely to make a serious and assertive approach effort because they feel that their views are outside of the mainstream and they feel beholden to their peers and family members to maintain a certain status quo and continue to validate false assumptions about female body image. Other ethnicities, however, are not bound by the same body image...but may be in some cases on the opposite side of the fence, where they're expected to prefer larger women.

In other words...many white males are afraid (and possibly rightly so) that if they were to actively date a BBW, their friends and family would criticize them as "fat" and would not readily accept them, or would at least insist that they can "do better". They may not be entirely comfortable explaining that they like a little more junk in the trunk, or whatever the case might be.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:45 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,538,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
Petite Irish women, Nicole Kidman type does it for me.
I thought "petite" meant both shorter height and a slim body? I say that because Nicole Kidman is hardly of shorter height. She's shorter than me, but not really short at all. I'm thin/athletic and, because I'm tall, I don't consider myself petite at all...

I find her beautiful too, anyway (at least I did, pre-botox), although I prefer other actresses such as Natalie Portman or Jennifer Connelly.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,531,842 times
I would like one that wore a T-shirt that said "Caution: Extremely top heavy".

Old 04-29-2010, 01:55 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,515,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I don't have freckles.
But your ears look funny.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,089,097 times
Default Men: Do you prefer voluptuous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, Yeah I do like to eat, and could stand to drop 10-15, but my "old lady" doesn't mind. She actually doesn't mind if I call her my old lady either.
Hey, I thought you were an ok guy until I see what you call your wife...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships