Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM

242 posts, read 192,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Actually...I don't see why it can't be one or the other for some people. I don't think this generalization could be any more true than any of the others made on here.

Just because you and a number of other people are able to feel this way doesn't mean the whole world is. Any more than the fact that I and a lot of the world are heterosexual would mean that the whole world must be heterosexual.

Deciding that everyone must feel as you do, and that if they won't admit to it then they must be in denial, is as narrow a view as other people telling you that there can't possibly be such a thing as bisexuality, or homosexuality.
I didn't "decide" anything for anyone else. Be heterosexual, and be merry. Whatever makes you feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
Right. I am agreeing with your post.

Quote:
Right. "Usually". Not "always". So an absolute like "sexuality isn't one or the other" isn't true.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:50 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,857,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
I didn't "decide" anything for anyone else. Be heterosexual, and be merry. Whatever makes you feel better.
It doesn't make me feel better. Or worse. It just "is".

I was just pointing out that it's no more open minded to state that every person on earth is to some degree bisexual, than the statements you're getting upset about.

I personally don't think it's anything to get upset about--it doesn't bother me that there can be homosexual men and women out there who can't stand the thought of touching the opposite sex, so why should it bother you that there are heterosexual men and women out there who can't stand the thought of touching the same sex?

I guess I'm just not understanding why you're upset that there are people who say they're just heterosexual and that's that. (Except for the people who then use that to go off about God and all that.)

Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM

I hate it when people say to me that most everyone is bisexual. ew. I hope not. haha.

Quote:

I was just pointing out that it's no more open minded to state that every person on earth is to some degree bisexual, than the statements you're getting upset about.

I personally don't think it's anything to get upset about--it doesn't bother me that there can be homosexual men and women out there who can't stand the thought of touching the opposite sex, so why should it bother you that there are heterosexual men and women out there who can't stand the thought of touching the same sex?

I guess I'm just not understanding why you're upset that there are people who say they're just heterosexual and that's that. (Except for the people who then use that to go off about God and all that.)

Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:

I'm not upset.

Quote:
I'm not bothered.

Quote:
I think it presupposes a certain orthodoxy to state that you're "completely" one thing or the other. I'm hesitant to believe that anyone is just "one thing." It has nothing to do with sexuality... more to do with how we rigidly attempt to define ourselves.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,491,934 times
Everybody is bi! Sexuality is not black and white there is a lot of gray. I agree that when it comes down to sex you can prefer one gender over the other. But everybody is still attracted to both you can look at someone notice how attractive they are or aren't.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 AM

630 posts, read 1,288,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
So, telling the truth about someone means that I'm automatically not good friendship material? Ultimately that doesn't bother me... I've never been able to maintain friendships with people who couldn't handle the truth.

One of the reasons why I like posting to this forum is because so many people have issues which revolve around their choice to lead immoral lives. I seek to remind people of the way it ought to be done. American society is moving further and further away from good morality, and we wonder why America is slowly going down the toilet. We need morals and we need rules. Following those who profess otherwise is unavoidably destructive. At least I can fight for what's right... and go down swinging if need be.
hey man, I consider myself a strong Christian as well. Although i have to agree with everyone here when it seems to me you are just playing COP with people. It seems to me that if this dicsussion does not interest you or you are appossed to it then you should go post in the religion section, because you are constantly picking at certain things people are saying and highjacking this thread by changing the topic view. Although it may seem or you would like it to seem that you are "just trying to help people on this forum out" its quite obvious that you are doing this to make yourself feel or look better as a christian; this also goes hand in hand with having a "one-up" or "self-richeous" attitude over everyone else.

Although i might agree or disagree with you on the gay issue i think as a christian you should love each person and appriciate who they are as a person. Everyone sins ( including you) and even in the Bible it states that God sees every sin weither it is a murder or fowl mouth as equal. No sin is greater than the other. Don't be hypocritical when you say gay people should keep it to themselves and yet you wont keep your slandering of people sins to yourself or touting your christianity for everyone to here in an obnoxious way. ok

just enjoy the topic and if you disagree take it elsewhere, perhaps your churches Bible study or something ok. In all fairness i am not trying to pick a fight with you. I know where your coming from and weither i agree or disagree is irrelevent. I wish you the best. Now go live your own life and be happy, life is too short!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 PM

you never know. There might be gay people that pray to God and ask for forgiveness after they have gay sex. Some gays take God seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
hey man, I consider myself a strong Christian as well. Although i have to agree with everyone here when it seems to me you are just playing COP with people. It seems to me that if this dicsussion does not interest you or you are appossed to it then you should go post in the religion section, because you are constantly picking at certain things people are saying and highjacking this thread by changing the topic view. Although it may seem or you would like it to seem that you are "just trying to help people on this forum out" its quite obvious that you are doing this to make yourself feel or look better as a christian; this also goes hand in hand with having a "one-up" or "self-richeous" attitude over everyone else.

Although i might agree or disagree with you on the gay issue i think as a christian you should love each person and appriciate who they are as a person. Everyone sins ( including you) and even in the Bible it states that God sees every sin weither it is a murder or fowl mouth as equal. No sin is greater than the other. Don't be hypocritical when you say gay people should keep it to themselves and yet you wont keep your slandering of people sins to yourself or touting your christianity for everyone to here in an obnoxious way. ok

just enjoy the topic and if you disagree take it elsewhere, perhaps your churches Bible study or something ok. In all fairness i am not trying to pick a fight with you. I know where your coming from and weither i agree or disagree is irrelevent. I wish you the best. Now go live your own life and be happy, life is too short!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Everybody is bi! Sexuality is not black and white there is a lot of gray. I agree that when it comes down to sex you can prefer one gender over the other. But everybody is still attracted to both you can look at someone notice how attractive they are or aren't.
Again, I agree with you, but many people are unwilling to admit what you've stated here.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:22 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,970,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, somebody has to fill in for IbeDavid... The universe doesn't like vacuum. What fun is it if we don't fight like cats and dogs?! Since a lot of us have no families, here's one virtual dysfunctional family! Fortunately, you can shut this one up at will!
Reply: Whatever happened to IbeDavid? He seems to have disappeared from the Relationship board. You could always count on him to rile up a thread .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships