U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:45 PM

242 posts, read 41,923 times

Advertisements

I think that I am going to have this thread closed. This kind of dialogue is not what I intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 PM

God, someone always has to come along and ruin it for everyone else, just to prove how high and mighty they are. So pathetic.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:02 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,866,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
So wrong. Homosexual proclivity absolutely must be a genetic pre-disposition. Forget about nurture over nature, I could no more willfully engage in sexual congress with another man than I could willfully take a deep breath underwater. My body, independently of my mind, protests the possibility to the point of making it physically impossible.
You are thinking sexually. Like I said just because you find someone attractive doesn't mean you want have sex with them. Men can find other men attractive, handsome, cute what ever you want to call it and it doesn't have to mean anything sexual.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:05 PM

25,169 posts, read 34,385,244 times
repulsion or fear is all the same idea or concept. You are turned off by gays. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
I love the term "homophobia"... "fear of homosexuals". What if it isn't a matter of fear... rather, it's a matter of repulsion? Then it isn't a "phobia" at all.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:06 PM

huh? that is only one person out of the thousands of other gay people who say otherwise. If you arn't gay or like what they say, then don't associate with them.

Quote:
PLEASE.... I had a female friend who was incredibly boy-crazy for many years of her life... she was so obsessed... and then she turned gay after being unfortunately shot down by many of the men she'd chosen to become involved with. She literally got sick of men and the way they treated her... so she shifted to women.

I'm sorry, but being gay is definitely more "choice" than "defect". People are built and wired to be heterosexual. As far as I'm concerned, nobody really needs to be gay... for example, if a guy is attracted to guys, there are women out there who are more guy-ish than most guys... the "gay" guys could go for those ladies and it'd be effectively the same gig. (If the big deal is that ladies don't have the same "equipment" that men do, there are adult toy stores to help with that.)

To stay on topic, the truth is that straight people can recognize attractiveness in both sexes and not be any less straight. When one person flirts with someone of the same gender, that's not exactly "straight".

Old 06-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
You are thinking sexually. Like I said just because you find someone attractive doesn't mean you want have sex with them. Men can find other men attractive, handsome, cute what ever you want to call it and it doesn't have to mean anything sexual.
Truthfully, I don't think most straight men can, or are even willing to, divorce their sexuality from the attractiveness factor. They're incapable of recognizing the difference between them. I think it has a lot to do with the male ego, how men are viewed in society.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:08 PM

a manly woman would really turn me off. LOL. Seriously that sounds disgusting.

Quote:
I could choose to be gay... but I don't. I choose to be straight... which really does help me, as I'm only attracted to ladies (well, one lady for the rest of my life now) and heterosexuality is the right way to do things. (Don't believe me? It'll all be sorted out eventually. I'll hedge my bets on what God says... because God is bigger and more powerful than mere people with ultra-modern mentalities who want to permit anything.)

I had a friend in college who turned gay during his college years, and he knew it was wrong so he made sure that he never acted on homosexual impulses. I can only hope that he eventually found himself a "manly woman" to be with, as we lost touch after college.

People have choices to do what's right and choices to do what's wrong. Unfortunately, the "wrong" choices frequently tend to look the most attractive. If I'm on a diet, that pepperoni pizza would taste unimaginably delicious... but I'd have to choose to do the right thing and go with the salad instead. At least that'd be fine by me if it were a grilled chicken Caesar salad.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I second artsy.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:18 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,866,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You no you want it...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
You no you want it...

What in the world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships